I'll keep the thread title updated every day until kickoff. Plus anybody can feel free to share IAKOW's twitter posts of plays counting down to kick off.
I'll start with 30:
Page 157 of 158
- Thread: Corral on IG live last night
Someone shot it to me just a few minutes ago and and he had some interesting things to say about our recruiting class.
He said we have 2 four star OL coming (Barnes and Gouraige most likely)
1 four star receiver (Cope)
And 2 5 star DB's (no clue who these could be)
He also said he's bringing Jalen Hall with him to the Michigan game and that Hall doesn't like LA.
Hope he's right on those predictions
This is cool. What a great Gator legend!
Louisiana legislature honors Danny Wuerffel for charitable work in state
Baton Rouge honoring a Gator? Thanks to Danny Wuerffel and his service in New Orleans, there’s something that Florida and LSU fans can agree on.
The Louisiana Senate passed a resolution Wednesday night honoring Wuerffel, the former Gators quarterback, for his charitable efforts in the state.
Louisiana Senate Resolution 210, introduced by John Milkovich (D-Shreveport), commends Wuerffel for his “immeasurable service in supporting spiritual and community development.”
Wuerffel began working with Desire Street Ministries, based in New Orleans, around the close of his NFL career with the Saints. He’s continued his efforts with the organization, which has worked to rebuild the communities of New Orleans in the wake of Hurricane Katrina in 2005.
In August 2016, the organization opened the Desire Community Square in the city’s Ninth Ward, the region most devastated by the hurricane.
Wuerffel’s latest honor comes more than 20 years after his Heisman Trophy in Florida’s national title season of 1996.
- Thread: 4* QB Joe Milton
Men's Swimming and Diving repeat for the FIFTH time...congrats boys.
Swonkey will not be pleased - these guys are costing us money!
All you Gator Basketball and Mike White and Hill/Chiozza Haters and Complainers are OWNED and DESTROYED and TRASHED and DOMINATED and FRIGGIN HUMILIATED just like UK tonight baby!! How's that one taste baby?!?! I have ALWAYS been a HUGE defender of the basketball program and you Haters are choking on crow tonight baby!! Where is FireFoley at now??!!??!! Always complaining even when we win. Guess what?? We didn't just WIN, we friggin STUFFED you critics and Gator Haters!! GO GATORS!!
Mike White doin work on those sidelines baby!! Mike White working wonders with this team and our point guards Hill and Chiozza!! Just as I figured, all the Haters and complainers like FireFoley are NOWHERE to be found. He complained that the last game was too boring cause it was a BLOWOUT. Well this one vs #8 UK was a COMPLETE BLOWOUT and DOMINATION too baby!! I guess you stopped watching in the first half of this one too. LOLOLOL FireFoley can't catch a break hoping for UF to lose. GO GATORS!!
FireFoley OWNED and DESTROYED YET AGAIN tonight baby!! FireFoley BANNED FOR LIFE!!
- Thread: SEC Championship Experience
So the wifey got me tickets for Christmas, and I'm really not sure on how we will spend our time Saturday before gametime. I was thinking of just paying for event parking at the dome and walking around the premises like any other away game. Anybody have any suggestions on which lot would be best or places for lunch closeby? It's just myself, my wife, and my 10 year old son...we just want to have a good time and try to stay out of harms way. Thanks in advance for your responses!
- Thread: Jordan Scarlett
we talk about Macs recruiting or lack of, but give credit where credit is due with this flip. The kid is 275 shy of 1,000 on only 140 carries with 1 less game played. Kelvin had like 250 carries to barely break past 1k. He and Perine next year are going to be beasts in the backfield and will take the load off Franks or Trask
- Thread: Best win in 5 to 6 years
Excellent coaching job all round. I don't know what happened against South Carolina but the Oline has really come together starting with that game. TJ McCoy in the center of the line has solidified it. That guy can push up field.
And the 1-2 punch of Scarlet and Perine can be devastating.
Yes, turnovers had a little something to do with the outcome, but the defensive stand at the end was phenomenal and we've had many games where we have lost the turnover battle and got routed. So turnovers are just part of the game.
Just ask...Miss State...Notre Dame...Michigan State...Oregon...UCLA...Arizona...who ALL have 5 losses EACH. Those are programs that are typically ALWAYS good and they STINK this year. We think we have it bad with 1 loss that feels like 10 losses to some of you clowns. Go Gators!!
- Thread: Pumping Sunshine
There are a ton of reasons to be frustrated with the Gators right now and I get those, but it seems like that is all we are hearing on this board these days... so lets focus on some of the positives right now.
1. Del Rio just played one of his worst games, but it was after being injured and not really practicing for 3 weeks (he was splitting time with AA last week) - he now has two weeks to get healthy and spend more time with the 1st team and that will help.
2. We have two very good RBs. Scarlett and Perine are both fantastic RBs and if we focus on giving the two of them the ball it should make a difference. Thompson ran better against Mizzou, but I still think he is #3 behind those two and they should get the bulk of the carries.
3. We have 2 dangerous WRs. When was the last time we had multiple threats at WR. The emergence of Cleveland is only going to help open things up as teams will have to pick their poison.
4. Brandon Powell got involved. I think it was good to get him involved in the game. Finding ways to get a guy who can make plays the ball is key.
5. The D really was incredible the first half. I get that Mizzou gashed us running the ball in the second half, but the D was dominant early.. I think Mizzou had 6 series in a row that went 3 and out. That is insane even against a bad SEC team (and Mizzou wasn't bad offensively). - This gives our offense more opportunities and if we can just fix some of those procedural issues we may open up a big lead forcing teams to pass and attack the strength of our D.
6. Last year we had a lot of penalty issues and McElwain did focus on them and we did see an improvement. I think that will be a big focus in the next two weeks and I expect to see us improve like we did last year.
7. We got a kicker! Yes... Eddie barley missed a short FG early, but hitting a 53 yarder was huge. That really helps give us more chances to score points. It is a big deal (especially after last year)
8. I don't know the details on Ivie and Sherrit's injuries off the top of my head, but I am hoping they both can get healthy and contribute by UGA.
9. Young guys got some playing time. We constantly talk about the need to blow out bad teams so we can get younger guys some playing time. We got that during Mizzou.. Reese and Moon were both in the game and so was Clayton and other guys. This is key to building depth and giving us any chance next year on D. These guys need experience.
10. We are 5-1. I know we haven't played LSU and haven't really looked as good as we want, but we are 5-1 and control our own destiny to get to Atlanta. I'm not sure if we beat LSU, Arkansas, UGA or FSU, but I think we have a chance against all of them and that would make us a top 10 team which would help recruiting.
- Thread: Two things I hate........
Page 157 of 158