Heres what i've been able to dig up and also some stuff i've been sent by DM on the rift between Mac/Boosters/Admin.
1) The QB club is pissed but that goes without saying.
2)The high-level boosters- Bull Gators, Varsity Club,06' Club basketball people- All love Karen McElwain...but Jim not so much! Even though he goes out of his way to do things like wait by planes to thank them for coming to road games etc...
3) McElwain doesn't feel underappreciated by the administration, but does feel unappreciated by the UAA/Stricklin. Strickland has been around Mac's office less and less over the last month. Also...Mac feels he deserves credit for dragging Foley and the administration forward on facilities andalso believes genuinely facilities are why his first two recruiting classes were sh*t! He points to 18 and 19 class as proof.
4) Mac thinks the media has never liked him and is annoyed with them (except for one or two he trusts) Also...the high-level boosters think he should quit dancing around questions and be more upfront.
5)Muschamp had a great second year as well and then everything went to sh*t and Scott Stricklin is aware of that.
6) Strickland thinks that this is a year where Florida MUST beat FSU. A quote from Stricklin to a booster was lose to FSU this year and "all bets are off"
7) Two big Bull Gators with names on buildings blame Mac for Callaway. They think if he had dismissed Callaway after the weed/rape incidents the suspensions wouldn't of happened. They think Smith never gets everyone on board w/o Callaway.
They get what the suspensions have done to the football team and use punt coverage as example of how playing down 18 scholarships has hurt the team. They also say Special teams lost the A&M game!
8) Also (one of the dudes with his name on buildings) says it's "huge" that Mike White's brother is the AD at UCF. Says that should help us if we decide to go after Frost.
9) Foley advised Strickland to keep a list of coaches in his desk and he has done it.
Allegedly the following four names are on it: Mullen, Frost, Dino Babers and Norvell. Campbell from Iowa State is also on it but Stricklin hates the buyout.
10) Also Was told that if and when Mac is fired t Stricklin would ask the new coach to retain Shannon as Associate Head Coach. Randy likes Gainesville and President Fuchs loves Shannon because he graduates kids and is an excellent ambassador for the program.
11) Also Was told the buyout is a pain in the a$$ but you find the money and there's leverage to renegotiate.
12) We Don't need to win this weekend because staying competitive would stall things and make it harder to get rid of Mac.
13) If we get to 3-5...he could be fired before the FSU game. However that would be hard to do unless his death threat accusations are proven false.
14) they have hired some people to look into "death threats" and want to know FOR SURE whether or not he made it up.
Hopefully this helps everyone understand what the deal is and I'll keep trying to add more as the season plays out.
Page 5 of 194
- Thread: 2016 Class/Remaining Targets
I've been working on this today,Enjoy!
QBs- (2) Feleipe Franks - Early Enrollee
Kyle Trask - Early Enrollee
We needed a future QB and we got one in Feleipe Franks who's a Top 50 composite QB.
Kyle Trask is a big kid with a good arm. He's a project but he's very low risk, high reward.
We are done at QB.
RBs - (2) Mark Thompson - Early Enrollee
Lamical Perine - Solid, no more visits
We needed two more RBs and we grabbed our top guys early and moved on to the rest of the class.
We are done at RB.
WRs - (4) Joshua Hammond - Early Enrollee
Freddie Swain - Early Enrollee
Dre Massey - Early Enrollee
Rick Wells - Solid but still visiting other schools
Remaining Board: Eli Stove ( Official Visit to UF this weekend)
Tyrie Cleveland (Official Visit to UF on 1/29)
Tre Nixon (possible Official Visit to UF)
Nate Craig-Myers (longshot)
Sam Bruce (down the board)
Most likely we get One more from the above list but two is a strong possibility. With three of our top targets already going through Spring workouts, we have already met the needs at WR. Adding Stove and Cleveland would make this one of the best WR classes ever for Florida.
Tight End (1) - None currently committed
Remaining Board: Nick Eubanks (Official Visit to UF this weekend)
We appear to be all in for Nick Eubanks. Hopefully this one happens this weekend. I've noticed we don't seem to be turning up the heat recruiting others so I'm taking that as a positive.
Offensive Lineman - (3) Stone Forsythe - Early Enrollee
Brett Heggie - Solid, no more visits
Jawaan Taylor - Solid, no more visits
Remaining Board: Landon Dickerson (Officially visited on Jan 15)
John Simpson (Officially visited on Jan 15)
Malcolm Pridgeon (Officially Visited on Dec 11)
Greg Eiland (longshot)
Some concern for me that Eiland is getting a visit after hosting Simpson and Dickerson. I think the we made big moves for Simpson and Dickerson but we NEED at least one more OL. I think Mac is definitely covering our bases here,so we'll see what happens.
Defensive End - (3) Jordan Smith (Early Enrollee)
Antonneous Clayton (solid, no planned visits except UF)
Jachai Polite (Solid, possible visit to USC)
Remaining Board: Brian Burns
Brian Burns appears to be the only realistic option left on the board. This group is all about adding Burns and holding onto Clayton and Polite. If we can do that, this Defensive End class will be Stout.
Defensive Tackle - (1) Shavar Manuel (solid, Officially Visits Florida Jan 22)
Remaining Board: None.
We got our top target here. Dexter Lawrence was the other big fish but he went to Clemson. Shavar Manuel is an excellent prospect and I look forward to him getting back to his five star form under Rumph and the Gator conditioning staff.
We're done at DT
Linebackers - (3) David Reese (Early Enrollee)
Jeremiah Moon (solid, Officially visits Florida Jan 29)
Vosean Joseph (shaky, possibly flip to Alabama - Officially Visits Florida Jan 22)
Remaining Board: Mack Wilson (Officially Visits Florida Jan 29)
Jaleel Laguins (Officially Visited Florida Jan 15)
Josh Uche (Officially Visits Florida Jan 29)
Dontavious Jackson (Officially Visited Florida Jan 15)
Elysee Mbem Bossee (Officially Visits Florida Jan 22)
Dee Walker (possible visit?)
We must bring in at least 3 linebackers. The class is currently a prospective class with lower ranked players with big potential. However, the class could easily jump to elite with Mack Wilson and Uche but we have a lot of work left to do to make that happen.
Defensive Backs - (6) Chauncey Gardner (Early Enrollee)
McArthur Burnett (Early Enrollee)
Quincy Lenton (solid, officially visits Florida Jan 29?)
Jaewon Taylor (solid, Officially visits Florida Jan 29)
Aaron Robinson (shaky, grades, no official)
Christopher McWilliams (solid, officially visits Florida Jan 29)
Antonio Nelson (solid, Officially visits Florida Jan 29)
Remaining Board: Kristian Fulton (Officially Visits Jan 29)
Tyler Byrd (longshot to rejoin class)
I think we have the numbers but the elite talent level we're use to at DB isn't there yet. Adding Fulton would be huge for this DB class.
Kickers - (1) Eddie Pineiro (Early Enrollee)
Remaining Board: Mitchell Wasson (PK)
We blasted one out the park in this department! Now we're after Wasson he's being recruited as a walk on which would only make this better and hopefully put our FG kicking issues behind us.
Overall, I think this is a class that is deserving of its Top 5-8 ranking (depending on what site you use)
The 12 early enrollees are huge and should not be forgotten about.
One thing this coaching staff has showed is they don't care about rankings and go after the guys they think are best for them. A lot of those underranked players that our coaches targeted early have been heavily coveted late in the recruiting process. That tells me they were RIGHT on their evaluations.
That being said, it's going to get interesting over the next 2 weeks and hopefully we finish strong. Go
- Thread: Chip Kelly to UCLA: $4 Mil/Year
No way in hell he accepts the UCLA job unless we royally f'd up that meeting sun night. From the people i've spoken with and everything i've gathered from the 2 guys i know who are connected Chip Kelly will be our HC by next Mon. All these bullsh*t articles that will be pumped out over the next few days regarding UCLA are nothing but clickbait so scroll on. We have our guy and we'll be dragging folks ass again real soon
Btw...i want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels to all!
- Thread: The National Signing Day Thread
Basically she said the fan expectations are and always have been in the sh!tter in Starkville, and she's just peachy with that. Moral victories count just fine, thank you. They certainly don't demand excellence, or Mullen wouldn't be there anymore. It's a perfect place for both of them to rot away, stealing millions for nothing in return.
I've grown quite weary of people taking swipes at my town and our fans.
- Thread: Urban buzz
I was very meh about Mullen’s hire when it was announced. The record vs ranked teams, the SEC record, the whole cousin Eddy vibe ( Mac’s aw shucks stoner routine made me vomit) made the hire feel like we sht the bed and panicked.
After yesterday I have to admit this feels like when we hired Meyer. I loved the energy getting off the plane. What other coach is chomping as he walks off the plane? The excitement he showed, the desire to show off the ring he won at Florida. All of that topped off with a presser focusing on relentless effort, a very Meyeresque phrase, and recruiting. Townsend’s reaction, recruits appreciating getting called the first day he is there, the simple fact we have sucked on offense since he left, etc it all reminded me of when Meyer started.
I hope I am right. But these past 8 years have me holding judgement until around this time next year.
- Thread: Hail Mary my ass........
Let us get it straight about this Hail Mary blllsht. A hail mary pass is when you send a crowd to the endzone and throw that mofo high and long toward it. HOPING your guy gets it. The last play was nothing like that. TC broke away from coverage and was wide open running past the guy that finally came over. FF set his feet and threw it as hard (the only HM part of it even) as any man could to a spot TC could run under it. It was in the air so long I went and took a pizzz and came back before it landed. By the time it got there a safety had closed in somewhat. I have seen many Hail Marys. This was not even within a mile of one. So forget that "lucky hail mary" crap. He spotted TC and did what a good QB does.
- Thread: The Coaching Search Thread
Page 5 of 194