#1 Issue

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Is the QB position. This is the reason we have sucked the past 7 years on offense. It all starts there.

Now don't mistake this as an excuse for Mac and co, because this is on them. They haven't developed a single QB since they've been here. If Franks or Trask (don't care which one) aren't above average, we will continue to see incompetence from this offense. A good QB can cover a multitude of sins, but we actually need coaches who can develop QBs.

Only bright spot for our passing offense is that we have multiple guys running wide open every game, just don't have anybody who can get it to them. This has to change or we will be looking for a new coach at this time next year.

PS- Nuss, Nord and Summers have to go. Period.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here is where I am though, If Mac is willing to make the needed changes to his staff, I'm willing to let him buy a little more time.
My preference is that those 3 he listed need to be replaced, if they all show up next year, then Mac is digging his own grave and can go with them.

dubster1

Chip Kelly is a done deal
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2014
I have said this before mac is awful. you may return to your regular scheduled program already in process:grin:

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is walking a very fine line. He needs to make sweeping changes heading into 2017. Hell, even Muschamp made one last change to save his job. If Mac doesnt, we're really looking at a 6-6 type season.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What quarterback wants to come in and play behind the lines we have had for 4+ years. There is a reason our quarterbacks keep getting broken.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here is where I am though, If Mac is willing to make the needed changes to his staff, I'm willing to let him buy a little more time.
My preference is that those 3 he listed need to be replaced, if they all show up next year, then Mac is digging his own grave and can go with them.

Truth.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Call me silly, but how is it everyone has an opinion about why we suck & where our #1 needs / issues are but nobody has mentioned the shear number of injuries? WTF is the deal with that? It's not like this is an unusual thing for us, this shat happens every damn year! Obviously, there will be injuries during each season, some worse than others, but not at the level we've seemingly become accustomed to.

I want a legitimate explanation as to why we're always having ridiculously long injury lists.

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Pipe dreams. He's all in with his staff but everytime I see him in a halftime interview or after a momental ass kicking, he looks like he is in over his head and has NO clue.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Call me silly, but how is it everyone has an opinion about why we suck & where our #1 needs / issues are but nobody has mentioned the shear number of injuries? WTF is the deal with that? It's not like this is an unusual thing for us, this shat happens every damn year! Obviously, there will be injuries during each season, some worse than others, but not at the level we've seemingly become accustomed to.

I want a legitimate explanation as to why we're always having ridiculously long injury lists.

I don't know if it is really more injuries than usual, or we lack the depth to coverup for those injuries that we used to. I think their might be some deficiencies in the S&C coaching, but also we aren't giving starters rest with big wins. When we did have injuries in the past we had quantity depth to make up for those injuries.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

This is an easy one. The reason is two-fold. As dougie mentioned, we have little depth and what we have is not all that talented. Guys get nicked here and there and guys that are undersized and understrengthed, come in and get nicked themselves b/c they just don't have any business going up against major beef from the big boys on our schedule. That is IMO the lesser of the two reasons.

The main reason, and the one that doesn't really get discussed is that most of our injuries occur on the defensive side, every year. I believe the reason for this is the large amount of time they are on the field against good teams. Our offense does nothing against good teams and the defense is out there play after play. They get tired and worn down. Injuries most occur when guys are tired and are not playing at full speed. Even if we had good depth at the position, you still can only hold out for so long without your offense doing anything to help. The putrid offense we have for near a decade now is IMO the biggest reason for defensive injuries.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
With that poor O line last night, Joe fn Montana couldn't have helped us!!
Teams wouldn't be blitzing Joe fn Montana every down like they did AA, because Joe fn Montana would burn them. A good QB can make an average o-line look far better than they are.

Hell, a good QB can make an average TEAM look far better than they are.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Teams wouldn't be blitzing Joe fn Montana every down like they did AA, because Joe fn Montana would burn them. A good QB can make an average o-line look far better than they are.

Hell, a good QB can make an average TEAM look far better than they are.
Grier :whistle:

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know if it is really more injuries than usual, or we lack the depth to coverup for those injuries that we used to. I think their might be some deficiencies in the S&C coaching, but also we aren't giving starters rest with big wins. When we did have injuries in the past we had quantity depth to make up for those injuries.
9 starters out (last count I believe) is usual? While I guess that's plausible, I have a very difficult time believing that's the case for other teams. I know I'm biased, but we seem to be constantly holding a longer injury list than the other SEC teams on a regular basis.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
About this time of year everyone has injuries. The big and most important question is are you improving as the season progresses. It is very evident we have gone down hill both last year and this year. His system has been in place two full years now. It doesn't work. It actually gets worse. What is sad is we are caught in one bad situation. We have won the eastern division both years so he won't get fired. He gets another year and drags it down further than you could imagine. We are about to become the butt end of a lot of jokes. We will be outrecruited by KY and Vandy. The university is about to see revenues drop to rock bottom. This is more than pitiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.