Recruiting 10 biggest SEC busts of the 2013 recruiting class

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Our WR class as a whole was a bust that class. One service had it the top WR class in the country and Robinson was the only 4 star WR to do much at all.

I think WR North from Tennessee actually made the Rams roster.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So 4 of the top 10 is Alabama players? Naw...that can't be true because all I hear on the "fake news outlets" is they put everyone who comes thru into the league. If someone put together a list of the busts,transfers,and players who have just washed out at Bama I guarantee it would open up some of these kids eyes.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
https://florida.rivals.com/commitments/football/2013

Looks like our 3 stars from that year were littered with busts. Outside of Jarrad Davis and Cam Dillard the other ten guys did nothing. While you might find a gem here or there the blue chippers produce the most talent. We had a 50% success rate on the 5 star guys. Not bad compared to the 17% success rate on the 3 stars.

DO we really need to keep rehashing this? Will the folks who don't believe or understand the star ranking system finally concede the point....please...

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
It's too bad about McMillian. Would have liked him to develop and have 3 monster linebackers to help with all the problems we have with power rushing teams this year.

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
So 4 of the top 10 is Alabama players? Naw...that can't be true because all I hear on the "fake news outlets" is they put everyone who comes thru into the league. If someone put together a list of the busts,transfers,and players who have just washed out at Bama I guarantee it would open up some of these kids eyes.
I would take Bammer's problem over ours. Satan: Well, we just couldn't find time to get him some time in practice or on the field, he might have been someone, but there were just better players ahead of him.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Is the 3* Jarran Reed on that list the same guy who played for Alabama, then was drafted last year?

Looks like our 3 stars from that year were littered with busts. Outside of Jarrad Davis and Cam Dillard the other ten guys did nothing. While you might find a gem here or there the blue chippers produce the most talent. We had a 50% success rate on the 5 star guys. Not bad compared to the 17% success rate on the 3 stars.

DO we really need to keep rehashing this? Will the folks who don't believe or understand the star ranking system finally concede the point....please...

Last edited:

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

University-of-Florida-Athletic-Director-Scott-Stricklin-addresses-the-media-during-his-introductory-press-conference-Florida-Gators-football-1280x852-940-wplok.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

They get all the kids but they actually do a pretty piss poor job of getting them ready for the league. I actually thought chump did a better job than Saban in that department. Dude just couldn't game plan to save his life.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Nope some will never believe because there is always a 3 star kid that breaks through and will be used as a shining example against the 5 star bust...don't look at the success rate facts though...those are just fancy numbers that don't mean anything

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/10-biggest-sec-recruiting-busts-in-2013-class/

I thought this article might lend some balance to our perspective of this year's recruiting.
How the hell does that balance the perspective? Because some of 5 stars flop and 98 percent of three stars flop we should be happy to land almost nothing but three stars?

Just more of the smae neverending bullshyt from the same people who clap while Butters makes us into Kintucky.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

Of course we do. We have a bunch of STUPID FVKKING PEOPLE.

I should complain because STUPID FVKKING PEOPLE have always kept me employed.

Btw Cam Dillard is on the bust list. He can best described as "had a pulse" and nothing more.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is the 3* Jarran Reed on that list the same guy who played for Alabama, then was drafted last year?
Yep, and now he plays for the Seahawks - ended up with 34 tackles and 1.5 sacks. Not bad for a rookie season on a veteran-laden D-Line.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
How the hell does that balance the perspective? Because some of 5 stars flop and 98 percent of three stars flop we should be happy to land almost nothing but three stars?

Just more of the smae neverending bullshyt from the same people who clap while Butters makes us into Kintucky.

Calm down, Law Donkey. Stuff that blown hemmorhoid back up your sphincter, and I'll answer your questions.

Q: How the hell does that balance the perspective?
A: Some of the more "frothing-at-the-mouth" posters here seem to treat a 4-star+ recruit who signs with Alabama as a can't-miss player who we should have gotten. The fact that Alabama has 4 out of the 10 players on this list should, in my opinion, balance that perspective brought by those posters to the collective perspective of the board.

Q: Because some of 5 stars flop and 98 percent of three stars flop we should be happy to land almost nothing but three stars?
A: Absolutely not. Never said it, never implied it, don't believe it. I want all the 5-stars we can get at every position, and, ideally, nothing less than high 4-stars for the rest of the class.

You didn't specifically name "the same people who clap while Butters makes us into Kintucky", but I get the feeling you've put me on that list. I am not happy with everything's Mac's done, but I remember the roster he inherited from chump. I'm going to give him credit for what he's accomplished so far, and I'm reserving judgment until I see the class and staff he has after NSD. If he gets a top 15 class with really good changes to the staff, I'm going to give him through the 2017 season to make something good happen. He's gotta slam meatchicken hard, though, in the season opener. If he doesn't have the class and the staff after NSD, then I want him replaced ASAP, but only with an out-of-the-park home run hire. Screw the costs. And - regardless of how he does, I want a f^cking helicopter.

Last edited:

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
They get all the kids but they actually do a pretty piss poor job of getting them ready for the league. I actually thought chump did a better job than Saban in that department. Dude just couldn't game plan to save his life.
And if you look at the majority of players who come out of there they are just avg or a bust in the league. Julio is the only one that has really showed out but that's it!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Calm down, Law Donkey. Stuff that blown hemmorhoid back up your sphincter, and I'll answer your questions.

Q: How the hell does that balance the perspective?
A: Some of the more "frothing-at-the-mouth" posters here seem to treat a 4-star+ recruit who signs with Alabama as a can't-miss player who we should have gotten. The fact that Alabama has 4 out of the 10 players on this list should, in my opinion, balance that perspective brought by those posters to the collective perspective of the board.

Q: Because some of 5 stars flop and 98 percent of three stars flop we should be happy to land almost nothing but three stars?
A: Absolutely not. Never said it, never implied it, don't believe it. I want all the 5-stars we can get at every position, and, ideally, nothing less than high 4-stars for the rest of the class.

You didn't specifically name "the same people who clap while Butters makes us into Kintucky", but I get the feeling you've put me on that list. I am not happy with everything's Mac's done, but I remember the roster he inherited from chump. I'm going to give him credit for what he's accomplished so far, and I'm reserving judgment until I see the class and staff he has after NSD. If he gets a top 15 class with really good changes to the staff, I'm going to give him through the 2017 season to make something good happen. He's gotta slam meatchicken hard, though, in the season opener. If he doesn't have the class and the staff after NSD, then I want him replaced ASAP, but only with an out-of-the-park home run hire. Screw the costs. And - regardless of how he does, I want a f^cking helicopter.
I didnt read it but I like the spunk in the first sentence.

:thumbup:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He didnt play a snap for us. How much more of a bust can you be?

I guess by your standards Cam Newton is going to be in the Ring of Honor at the Swamp soon.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Lol. Nah. I asked that question just out of curiousity. I remembered his name from the draft. Thought he might be somebody the Jags could have used.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.