10 Year Anniversary of Tim Tebow Winning the Heisman

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tim one of the best FOREVER! Go Gators!! What are your favorite memories of that season? Mine is the game AT SC when he had 7 TDs. Amazing performance. Post videos of his greatest moments if you want!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And it is the nine year anniversary of the "Big 12 Cartel" taking a second Heisman away from Tim.

As you can tell, I will never forgive them for this obvious slight. Tim did not appear in any of the three slots on a single ballot from the Big 12. Had a handful of them simply listed him third, he wins. Every ballot had Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Graham Harrell listed in various order depending on the location of the voter.

I am sure they are all proud of themselves

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
And it is the nine year anniversary of the "Big 12 Cartel" taking a second Heisman away from Tim.

As you can tell, I will never forgive them for this obvious slight. Tim did not appear in any of the three slots on a single ballot from the Big 12. Had a handful of them simply listed him third, he wins. Every ballot had Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Graham Harrell listed in various order depending on the location of the voter.

I am sure they are all proud of themselves

A lot of them didn’t even put him on the ballot at all if I remember correctly and they could go up to ten back then.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
A glorious night for UF. Will always vividly remember where I was when it happened. Can’t wait to get back to those days.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014
Tim one of the best FOREVER! Go Gators!! What are your favorite memories of that season? Mine is the game AT SC when he had 7 TDs. Amazing performance. Post videos of his greatest moments if you want!
That year was the only time I have seen a game in the Swamp and it was vs FSU.....great time

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Phenomenal player, of course. If I remember right, through the first half of the season the biggest Heisman competitor was Dennis Dixon (who blew his knee out), and then it became Darren McFadden.

The 2008 Heisman thing was so outrageous it still pisses me off royally. Tebow was a better player in 08 than he was in 07, and was clearly the best player in the nation, which he proved when he beat Bradford's ass in the NC game.

The 2007 season was my first on the GSMB and my first exposure to many of you jerks.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
This brings back a lot of emotion for me because as Tim tore through the SEC that year I was caring for my dad who was in the last few months of his life. He started taking me to gator games as a child and would have loved seeing him play. He passed in the middle of November and Tim won it about 3 weeks later.

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This brings back a lot of emotion for me because as Tim tore through the SEC that year I was caring for my dad who was in the last few months of his life. He started taking me to gator games as a child and would have loved seeing him play. He passed in the middle of November and Tim won it about 3 weeks later.

I feel for you Thick. My Dad took me and my brother to our first gator game in 1967 and I am a Gator because of him.
I am thankful that my Dad lived long enough to enjoy the glory days of SOS and Urban. He passed a couple of years ago so he was spared some of the suffering lately.

Gator by the Sea

Lifetime Member
Mar 9, 2017
I lost almost all respect for the Heisman voters in 2001 when Rex got screwed. What little respect I had left was lost in 2008 when Tebow got robbed.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I saw Tebow in the audience at that Lomachenko v Rigandeaux boxing match at Madison Square Garden after the Heisman ceremony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.