100 Mill Facility Thread

Fun N' Stun

Nov 15, 2014
Which I think it is even more necessary for Foley to fully retire instead of looking over the next guy's shoulder. Time to move on.
Agreed. He is like a pimple that won't go away. His obsession with the irrelevant sports and neglect of the one sport that matters is mind blowing.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think the amount of money universities are shelling out to impress teenagers into coming to play sports for them is a definite sign of the apocalypse.
Don't worry, if you are still missing the good old days, I'm sure Hershey Tech is still playing in front of aluminum bleachers.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Uhhhh... that's what we are doing.

It's probably not the best analogy but it's like flying economy vs first class. I feel like our facilities are basically coach and Bama's is first class. Foley's dumb comment about not getting into an "arms race" should've been grounds for immediate dismissal. It was out of touch and flat out stupid. Looking back at that comment and his hire of the chump. He outlived his usefulness.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Look, we can't pay the players but we can make them live like the rich and famous. It's the game everyone else has been playing for a decade. It's unfortunate, but it's the world we live in. Luckily, ESPN is giving us manyfold the money to do it.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
For many years the Swamp's lure was enough to out recruit most of our rivals. Today it must be enhanced. Facilities are a big part of the brand.
It may seem over the top, but it is necessary. I remember in the mid 90's when the family I work for was the first company to ever pay over $100,000 per acre for vineyards. Everyone in the industry thought we were crazy. That land now produces 100 point wines, it is worth 4 times what they paid, and is completely sustainable for centuries. "The Land is the Brand", Jess Jackson always told us. I believe it!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
For many years the Swamp's lure was enough to out recruit most of our rivals. Today it must be enhanced. Facilities are a big part of the brand.
It may seem over the top, but it is necessary. I remember in the mid 90's when the family I work for was the first company to ever pay over $100,000 per acre for vineyards. Everyone in the industry thought we were crazy. That land now produces 100 point wines, it is worth 4 times what they paid, and is completely sustainable for centuries. "The Land is the Brand", Jess Jackson always told us. I believe it!

So, I am slightly impressed. I've tasted only three 100 pointers in my life. You said wine(s) plural. What maker?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It is over the top, but it also appears to be necessary.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meanwhile at South Carolina....

@SEC_Country_: South Carolina has approved a $995k sculpture of a giant bronze gamecock.

Yes, you read that right.

They would be better off with a giant horse's a$$ sculpture to honor their new coach.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Look in the mirror and say to yourself, she is my BETTER half.

She is his better half and more.

Does the new facility include a shooting range for BB Guns & float-by rubber ducks ?

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well it is the nature of the landscape now in recruiting and everything going on in college sports. Foley let us get behind on this so it's time we step up to keep up with the other schools. To me, this is more about Mac pushing to get this done than Foley wanting it done. Over the top, probably but its a necessary thing to keep up. But our facilities do need some improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator