Coaching hires (at other schools)

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fleck is a smart man. There is really nothing else very attractive on out there so stay put. Durty is gonna love this move by Fleck.

Smart move by Fleck's agent. Wait for the right spot, a lot of good coaches lost years on their careers taking the wrong first jump.

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Good good, keep him stashed away :lol:

He's the one I want. Maybe the next Urban Meyer, and a bulldog of a recruiter. Some pundits say his schtick may not work with 4 and 5 star recruits, but I think it's a chance you have to take. Many on here are saying our program has no momentum and energy right now. Well guess what? PJ would supply plenty of energy and recruit like a demon.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ThomasGoldkamp: Man, Charlie will clean up there. Only makes recruiting in the state even tougher.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Am told #Vols asst Larry Scott, the former #Miami interim HC, is a solid candidate for the #FAU coaching vacancy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's the one I want.
This is the kind of stupidity that has us where we are.

You say you want the offense finally fixed and this Jim Tressel Lite or Cousin Eddy are the names being bantied about. I'm surprised Addazio's name isn't on the list.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@Ry_Bass: I'm told #USF and ex-Texas coach Charlie Strong could have a deal completed as soon as tonight.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is the kind of stupidity that has us where we are.

You say you want the offense finally fixed and this Jim Tressel Lite or Cousin Eddy are the names being bantied about. I'm surprised Addazio's name isn't on the list.

He just had an undefeated season and his offense currently ranks 7th in the nation in total offense and 8th in the nation in points per game. With that on his resume I would certainly be OK if he ended up as our head coach next year.

My concern would be defense. He hasn't had a good defense under him yet, but I'm sure that can be solved with a good D-Coordinator and some quality SEC recruits.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Luke Fickell (Ohio State DC) to Cincy HC and Houston's AD just sent signal they have a coach....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He just had an undefeated season and his offense currently ranks 7th in the nation in total offense and 8th in the nation in points per game. With that on his resume I would certainly be OK if he ended up as our head coach next year.

My concern would be defense. He hasn't had a good defense under him yet, but I'm sure that can be solved with a good D-Coordinator and some quality SEC recruits.

I wouldn't worry about Defense w/ these successful coaches from smaller programs. They will come to the SEC and have a fat budget for assistants and they'll hire a mercenary to come in and run the defense (at least that's what most of them do).

As far as Law's comments on him, I haven't researched him that thoroughly, but it certainly looks like he's going to be one of the "next hot coaches". The fact that Purdue was his only "real" job offer says a lot though (that he hasn't convinced the higher level P5 schools that he's quite ready).

I'll say it again, my top choice (and it should be yours too) is Bryan Harsin at Boise. The guy is 40 years old and has the pedigree and coaching record to have a 20 year run at the right school. I'd break the bank if I was Strickland.

And for those who think McElwain is going to be around much longer than 1 year....you better start paying attention to these threads (about a possible future coach for UF)....because he AIN'T gonna be around more than 1 or 2 years. The writing is on the wall. It's been a complete failure.

Kiffin must not have liked the buyout agreement.

That's exactly it. It was an issue from the get-go. Sexton (the agent) isn't playing that non-sense (the big buyout) when his client has a shot at a P5 school and even more money.

What a major fail (pun-intended) on Houston's part. They specifically stated they wanted to make a big splash hire. What a joke. I'm sure Applewhite is ready for a head coaching gig somewhere, but this is a let down if you're a Houston fan or donor.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: HUGE ripple effect of Major Applewhite getting Houston is not only Lane Kiffin>LSU or USF but Todd Orlando now expected to become #Texas DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator