Mac and Company on the Trail

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
There's a VIP thread about Wade getting upvoted on 247. Obviously I don't know what it is but looks like some kind of good news

The good news is he isn't going to Bama, the bad news is he's sticking with OSU.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't have the grades to get into UF.
Never that impressed and didn't like the gangsta angle. Not going to lose any sleep over these two.

Just grab some Fla kids.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The good news is he isn't going to Bama, the bad news is he's sticking with OSU.
I hope he enjoys not seeing the sun from November through April.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just grab some Fla kids.

That might be harder to do than it should be with this staff.

Looking at the top 25 instate players (according to ESPN) we've struck out big time since Mac's arrival.

FSU: 16
Miami: 9
Alabama: 6
Clemson: 6
Ohio state: 6
Auburn: 5
Florida: 5

:eek3:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
a1Vsvor.jpg

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Looking at the top 25 instate players (according to ESPN) we've struck out big time since Mac's arrival.

Frustrating and disheartening. It's one thing to lose your state to in-state rivals. It's another when teams outside the state (five) pull in as many (if not more) than you.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

We have 5 of the top 25? That is a HUGE improvement over last year, where we signed 5 of the top 60.

Inexcusable to have 4 out of state programs pulling in more (or equal) than we are. Seriously, WTF are they doing in Gainesville? They need to stop spending all these resources on out of state players. If we get a few, that's great (especially kids from Georgia). But to spend time in California and Michigan and other ridiculously far away states is - essentially - a waste of time. Get 20 of 25 of your recruits from our own state and we should be in great shape EVERY year. It's not rocket science.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We have 5 of the top 25? That is a HUGE improvement over last year, where we signed 5 of the top 60.

Inexcusable to have 4 out of state programs pulling in more (or equal) than we are. Seriously, WTF are they doing in Gainesville? They need to stop spending all these resources on out of state players. If we get a few, that's great (especially kids from Georgia). But to spend time in California and Michigan and other ridiculously far away states is - essentially - a waste of time. Get 20 of 25 of your recruits from our own state and we should be in great shape EVERY year. It's not rocket science.
That's 5 total since he's been here I think... so zero since last year.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

This is absolutely pathetic and a reflection of their recruiting prowess or lack thereof. The longer we keep Mac the further we get behind.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Update: 23rd on Rivals and 16th or 17th in star average(3.29)

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

Win the state of FL in recruiting or die. Both Mac and Chump made reference to that, but hasn't worked out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Update: 23rd on Rivals and 16th or 17th in star average(3.29)

Well, we should finish inside the top 20 as we're one of the few schools w/ less than 15 commits at this point. We'll likely have another 5-10 commits, which will boost our ranking. And if we do pull a few 4-stars it will go a long way to moving well inside the top 20. But again, these are Butch Jones' type classes. Nothing terrible, but nothing spectacular. At this point, I just want to snag 2 more DT's and 2 more OL's and I won't panic.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Also, this is the kind of DT and OL's we should be looking at. Why are we visiting 2-star RB's this late?
If you're arrogant enough to make a commitment video, you shouldn't be allowed to
decommit.

This goes for Hansard and this Herbert kid. How you going to make a commitment video and then back off the pledge? :lol:

They are making videos because they are fun and these kids are 18. They get to do some acting and have their friends be part of them... maybe the drive a nice car.. why not do a commitment video if Bleacher Report is going to pay for it and help produce it.

If I am a senior in HS I do it and I pick the school I think I will go to, but if I want to change my mind.. I do that... it is a big choice and kids have to do what is right for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator