Mac and Company on the Trail

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
... solve recruiting problem with "new hire" ... singular ??

Apparently we're 1 recruiter short of being great. :eek3:

The theory is Shannon will be DC and coach DBs, Tim Skipper, who was a LB in college would move over to defense and coach LBs. Then Mac will hire a top notch recruiter to take over RB coach.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like he'll end up at Texas
@OB_JasonS: Per a source close to the situation, #Longhorns have picked up a commit from RB Toneil Carter. Huge pick-up at a need position. #HookEm

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's official - I'm off the train. I don't blame Mac, I like him. He was just a(nother) bad hire, and is in over his head. Maybe with time he could figure it out, but I'm just too tired to wait.

The straw for this camel's back was this recruiting cycle, and while I don't believe a majority of what I read on the interwebs, the amount of smoke, the smoke alarms going off, and the warm "glow" from behind the door tell me - there's a fire. This is, and has been, a personnel problem. With the right players, I liked what Mac was doing on the field.

But the #1, #1a, and #1b problem from his hire date is BODIES. A comment like the one he made tells me that it hasn't been a priority, and the stories/results prove it.

If some miracle occurs on Feb 1, maybe I'll get back on, but that's a Yuuge IF that I sadly don't believe will happen.

Fuuuuuuuuuck!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's official - I'm off the train. I don't blame Mac, I like him. He was just a(nother) bad hire, and is in over his head. Maybe with time he could figure it out, but I'm just too tired to wait.

The straw for this camel's back was this recruiting cycle, and while I don't believe a majority of what I read on the interwebs, the amount of smoke, the smoke alarms going off, and the warm "glow" from behind the door tell me - there's a fire. This is, and has been, a personnel problem. With the right players, I liked what Mac was doing on the field.

But the #1, #1a, and #1b problem from his hire date is BODIES. A comment like the one he made tells me that it hasn't been a priority, and the stories/results prove it.

If some miracle occurs on Feb 1, maybe I'll get back on, but that's a Yuuge IF that I sadly don't believe will happen.

Fuuuuuuuuuck!
Welcome to the party! :bananaburn::banghead::barfaway::boom::couch::cry2::deadnanner::gah::sadnanner:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I'll never forget going to bonefish and seeing caesar ruiz and three other img players being bought dinner by a michigan recruiter.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
... solve recruiting problem with "new hire" ... singular ??
Just because other news is coming out, doesn't mean Mac is going to confirm it. He is talking about Collins leaving. He damn sure better be making a hire to replace Nord. Summers too if we don't get two elite recruiters.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
I've been saying Truesdell would be a Gator for a couple of months now but it Looks like we have picked up a little momentum with him and a couple of others. We need to get this bowl win to gain some more! Screenshot_2016-12-20-10-26-36.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.