Mac and Company on the Trail

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We need some CBs who can come in and play. This kid looks good and Blades is going to be a star if he sticks. Really hope the staff can close well... getting tired of the disappointment
I think Stewart will play Safety in college. He's a big/strong/fast/physical kid who will light that a$$ up if you are slipping! :lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
So do you think we are doing better than it seems? I sure hope so. I am sick of seeing everyone else get good players.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
On the off chance we pick these guys up the class may not stink to high heaven. Still need about 6 more bodies though.
We still need about 16 bodies.

Wouldn't be wonderful to finally be off the 10 or more man scholarship penalty we've been under since CUM's last year?

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
So do you think we are doing better than it seems? I sure hope so. I am sick of seeing everyone else get good players.
We'll finish with a top 12-15 class...so we aren't doing as well as we need to be doing. In my opinion...for us to get back to winning championship's we need to stack 2 or 3 top 3-8 full classes in a row.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Stewart will play Safety in college. He's a big/strong/fast/physical kid who will light that a$$ up if you are slipping! :lol:
His 40 time's a little slow (4.76) but we know that may not be entirely accurate of how fast he really is. Safety does seem to be a good fit for him, similar to Chauncey.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looks like we can scratch 4* California LB Rahyme Johnson off the board. Looks like he's eliminated us and will choose between Oregon,Oregon state,UCLA and Nebraska on Jan 6th.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Looks like Mac and co are in "scramble mode" after the news about Johnson. We just offered Orlando's (Dr Phillips) 3* LB Nick Smith. Screenshot_2016-12-20-17-39-05-1.png

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Looks like Mac and co are in "scramble mode" after the news about Johnson. We just offered Orlando's (Dr Phillips) 3* LB Nick Smith.

I have no problem with this. I wish we were hearing about Plan B DT's getting offers.

Thanks for all the updates.

I agree w/ Law, we need more than 25 in this class. Going into every year under 80 scholarship players is getting old.

I'll take any of the DT's listed and hopefully we get the OL from NC. They need to find a few more Plan B's to fill out this class (at OL). Looks like the other prospects are actually 4-stars or very sought after 3-star kids (w/ good offer lists).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree w/ Law, we need more than 25 in this class. Going into every year under 80 scholarship players is getting old.
I count 76 right now, including LDR but not the other walkons.

We re never going to get there at this rate.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like we can scratch 4* California LB Rahyme Johnson off the board. Looks like he's eliminated us and will choose between Oregon,Oregon state,UCLA and Nebraska on Jan 6th.

Does not surprise me, we should stay the hell out of California. Very rare we get a recruit from there. Stay focused in state and states around us like Georgia.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
for us to get back to winning championship's we need to stack 2 or 3 top 3-8 full classes in a row.
Im not sure we will ever win championships with this staff but for us to compete we need at least as many bluechippers as the top guys for 3 years. Some years that means top 3 some years it means top 5.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I wish we were hearing about Plan B DT's getting offers.

What? I've seen several new names pop up recently, including some renewed interest by Solomon. Not saying we land them all, but Mac seems to be checking all options.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What? I've seen several new names pop up recently, including some renewed interest by Solomon. Not saying we land them all, but Mac seems to be checking all options.
From my perspective, this issue is that Mac is way behind in checking all options. He should have been in front for these guys...now we are trying to flip kids and this staff is not a staff that can flip.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Alabama has signed the following classes according to rivals:
2013 - 25
2014 - 26
2015 - 25
2016 - 24
----
Are those numbers what they actually have done? I always assumed they get around it somehow. But they have 25 committed right now so it will be interesting to see if they take anymore.

We signed over the same period.
---

Yes we could legally sign 15-16 more. While we're stating the obvious it we also be great if they are all 5*s.

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
Does not surprise me, we should stay the hell out of California. Very rare we get a recruit from there. Stay focused in state and states around us like Georgia.

The guys film was bad anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.