The National Signing Day Thread

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I wonder about two things, I haven't heard that he's been a recruiter. Wonder if he's always been shaky on OSU or if he's just not taking an initiative.

The other thing I'm curious about is how much the board is going to expand once we get passed the 20th. I'm guessing they put up a bunch of effort for the early signing guys, and now the game will change. I really hope to see a lot more names come out Thursday.

The game will shift, especially since this is the first year of early signing.

Remember also that the 20th isn’t necessarily a big deadline for EEs, including JuCo guys that will enroll in January. They can wait right up until classes start.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The game will shift, especially since this is the first year of early signing.

Remember also that the 20th isn’t necessarily a big deadline for EEs, including JuCo guys that will enroll in January. They can wait right up until classes start.
Good point, which is the exact reason I called it early signings. I should have pointed out that we'll certainly be working on EE's and JUCO's after the dead period, but thanks for doing so. I actually expect some JUCO's that we haven't heard about to sign with us.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It really is marvelous to see a snapshot of such an incredible recruiter in action. Take notice Gator Nation: this man recruited almost as well as Skip Holz.
When it comes to Slick Willy T versus skip Holtz, there really is no debate that Skip Holtz has the much better resume.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
God you and your reading comprehension. It's embarrassing. And if that's when you were on S&C during that time, no telling what type of drugs you were/are on. Maybe that's why you can't follow normal comprehension.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
God you and your reading comprehension. It's embarrassing. And if that's when you were on S&C during that time, no telling what type of drugs you were/are on. Maybe that's why you can't follow normal comprehension.

Chill on the constant personal attacks.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously - you two take it to PM, or take it to the lounge, or just grudge fk each other and get it out of your systems.

One way or another - end it in this thread. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Skip Holtz 125-99 record, 5-3 in bowls, six seasons w 9 or more wins

Slick Willy T 47-50, one season w 9 or more wins (out of eight seasons), 0-1 in bowls

Thats right. Clown Town paid 5.5 mil for a guy who has never won a bowl game.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I despise the gangsta mentality. I don't want Copeland or his kind here at any time, for any reason. STFU and GTFO
tenor.gif
Gangsters are only black?
:racist:

TheAlumni

Oct 29, 2017
Here’s a novel idea. Let’s start a thread. Sticky it and everyone can piss and moan or cheer to their hearts content about the hire. And let’s leave this one to recruiting.
This is the best thing I've read all day....its seems like the thread has deteriorated into a giant pissing match to see who has the most inside information which has nothing to do with recruiting.....

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014

There was a 247 article that said he was very physical. Seems we are targeting. Bigger and taller DBs.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

I haven’t seen him play a down, but that doesn’t impede opinion!

I like that he’s a top 100 Florida player. Decent size. I like that he’s from Mainland. That’s an important pipeline to have open.

My concerns are how fast he plays in terms of read/react plus speed. Can he get there to make the big play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.