The National Signing Day Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No reason arguing with him. Donkey says he’s an x and o genius and hundreds of people PM’d him praising his know all. He’s clearly the end all be all when it comes to football :blahblah:
You shut the **** up also. Panties too tight? just figure out that the Nickelback Christmas album is not going to be discounted? you've been at least as bad as he's been.

but never forget you're my favorite hipster douchebag.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
swonkey's optimistic about #shyttersfull

I am too. And at a minimum I'm thoroughly convinced that the state has just flipped back to our favor from fsu's. They are starting their downhill slide while we are starting our climb. Happens every 7-10 years, and it's right on time, once again.
I’m glad you got over your intitial disappointment like I did. Took you a bit longer, but welcome to the :pumper:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Good God it's a Gators message board. You would expect things to be slanted towards the Gators, right?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, without a single game being played, nor a recruit being signed, if you aren’t willing to give the guy a chance before bashing him then you never will. Might as well just tune it out until the next hire is made. Hopefully, that’s in about 20 years and 3 NCs.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Look, I agree with you, Mullinz is probably not going to work out. I would have never hired him had the choice been up to me. Plenty of people within the athletic department and related to the program (former players coaches) agree. We've heard and saw in past openings that Foley agrees.

That being said it's early, hopefully the dude can turn another leaf. There are some good things on the recruiting trail, and he's a young guy who obviously wants to succeed badly. Here's hoping it works out.

You're our best x's and o's analysts on the board. We have some grumpy pumpers. Don't worry about them. I never have. They've had a rough seven or eight years.

However you don't have to engage every time. Just let them do their angry pumper thing and move on. Style points do count after all and we're here for entertainment.
Boom! This. Right on the money.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's ok to be optimistic. It's also ok to be skeptical of Mullen and be in wait and see mode. I understand some thinking he's an 8-9 win guy that can't take us to the top again. I think he can, but I don't know if he will. You know how it is, sometimes you have to get a little lucky. Getting some of these top rumored recruits right out of the gate would be a good omen and I think it would help the staff's confidence heading to February.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
At this point, without a single game being played, nor a recruit being signed, if you aren’t willing to give the guy a chance before bashing him then you never will. Might as well just tune it out until the next hire is made. Hopefully, that’s in about 20 years and 3 NCs.

X100000

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm by no means saying meyer needs mullen but when has meyer had a better offense than what we had in 07 or 08? Or a 3800 yard passer?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Good God it's a Gators message board. You would expect things to be slanted towards the Gators, right?
I’m one of the biggest “dumpers”on here when I see that our HC isn’t gonna make it. But, I decided to be optimistic about the Mullen hire because at least he’s got SEC experience, experience with one of the best HCs out there, experience at UF and he WANTS to be here and EMBRACES the expectations. I think at the very least, he’s gonna make us respectable again and provide some much needed stability.
Will he return us to greatness? I have my doubts, but we’re so far from there right now I’m just looking for a good, competitive football team right now. He’ll deliver that at a minimum IMO.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
So you're "supporters" don't have the balls to agree with you in public? Those are the exact people who I would want to provide validation to my opinions...:rolleyes3:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It was good advice, Traz. What you don't get is that Law and I and others want you to stay on the board and keep sharing your solid football knowledge. But if you keep fighting with every poster who doesn't agree with every jot and tittle of your post, you will eventually become very unhappy and leave. It was good advice. Also if you give people a little slack, they will recognize the quality of your knowledge and insights. Stay with us here.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...decision-to-transfer-from-ole-miss-to-florida

Re: Jefferson.

I like this part....

“Obviously he lives in the household and has grown up working with an NFL wide receivers coach who was a great player in his own right at Central Florida and then in the NFL for many, many years. So he’s learned how to run routes at an early age,” Hester said. “I’ve been a coach for 19 years, and he’s by far the most polished route runner that’s ever walked through the door of any school that I’ve worked at. That’s his biggest asset. He runs routes like an NFL wide receiver. Probably a little undersized weight-wise, but is a long, lean kid and able to play in the slot and on the outside.

“I think he still has yet to reach his ceiling. I think he can still continue to grow as a wide receiver, and I’m excited to see what Coach Gonzales and the staff at Florida can do with him.”

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
However you don't have to engage every time.

Awhile back, I had this niightmare: I was stranded on this deserted island for 2 years. Once rescued, I hurried to my laptop and got on GatorChatter. I scrolled & scrolled and there was only posts by Itraz. (Some nightmare huh?)

Mornengswede

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2017
I’ve been reading for awhile and I’ve seen utterly no one saying things like “we’re on top of the world! Coach Mullen has brought us back! We’re reaching new heights and the world will now know that Gator football, and Gator football alone, is supreme.”

But I have seen quite a few comments like, “this sucks! Mullen is the worst! Football at Florida is OVER! Anyone who has hope about this is an IDIOT sunshine pumper and sunshine is obnoxious and DUMB!”

Even if the former were present on this board, I know who I’d rather hang out with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb