The National Signing Day Thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Mim Jacelwain is going to get a vacation for handing out dislikes to everyone for no reason. I'm removing them.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mim Jacelwain said he's here to drink beer and give out dislikes, and he's all out of beer.
alright-alright-alright.jpg

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Worth noting that UF rocketed past UCLA yesterday. Mullen whipped Kelly out of the gate.

Among teams who changed HCs, UF was just slightly behind Oregon (or slightly ahead if we count Jefferson).

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Worth noting that UF rocketed past UCLA yesterday. Mullen whipped Kelly out of the gate.

Among teams who changed HCs, UF was just slightly behind Oregon (or slightly ahead if we count Jefferson).
Yeah, but wasn't Oregon at #5 or something like that last week?

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

So the ILB in a 3-4 scheme is ideally a "thumper"-type player, correct? You want big guys there who are man enough to stop the run? Like Hightower or Mosley from Alabama?

Are you thinking that some of the undersized defensive ends on the UF roster will now move to ILB? Or are they better suited for OLB?

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Biggest thing to me is new SnC program. Our big boys, on both lines, would get a step slow early in the games. They seemed to be concentrating on big lbs on the plate and not in weights or explosiveness. Bullard (when he was here) and Tav (when he tried) seemed to be all them and not from coaching.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014

Ok. I like Cece a lot and think he plays hard and is a great representative of the program.....but.....doesn't seem like he's played like a 5-star very often. Can't recall him taking over games too often like maybe Fowler used to do. Is that scheme related? He's mostly been forced to play out of position? Or has he been better than I have perceived him to be? Would this new scheme enable him to dominate?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you are referring to Jacoby Brissette as the NFL QB, that's true, but it's also true that Jeff Driskel is an NFL QB, he's a back up QB for the Cincinnati Bengals......so moving him to H-back would have been a bad move, considering what he did after leaving UF...

Driskel has done nothing in the NFL. Cincy signed him solely for his physical traits after SF cut him for Driskeling in the pre-season. QB is the one position some NFL teams will keep you around a year or two based on just physical traits even when you show you can't play the position well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but wasn't Oregon at #5 or something like that last week?
That wasnt the case. The Taggart Justice Warriors kept saying he had a #1 class. I have no.clue where that came from. It wasnt on any ranking I ever saw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.