The National Signing Day Thread

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Not real sure about higher-profile. Corral certainly knew how to get himself in the news. Im not even certain that EJ is a better quarterback, but I'm very certain he's going to be a better quarterback in this system and that Corral would have been a flop.
And then Grimes transfers.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
We all know it takes talent. It appears things are beginning to turn around there. Damn, it's about time.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member

giphy.gif

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Wow. I never imagined this. Cousin Eddie may be getting a snowball rolling.

Turns out most Florida kids probably don't want to spend half the year in slush and under gray skies. This could be huge for us.
It seems, he'd probably rather had played in the Arctic than commit to Mac and Nuss lol

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... yeah... yeah....

Poor drunk Dough Dumpsterfire keeps landing bad QBs at Fla, Meetchikin and Bammer and that's why his awesome offense doesn't work. Whatever.

Mullinz/Creyer offense is so easy even Jordan Reed can run it. No problem.

I will say this, you remained in "Defend Butters and Dumpsterfire Mode" til the butter end.

fify

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@onlygators: Top 150 offensive playmakers (QB/RB/WR/TE) signed by #Gators coach ...

Dan Mullen -- 4 (and counting) in 25 days
Jim McElwain -- 5 in three classes

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Also, I think he sat out the whole year basically so a waiver isn’t out of the question

The two have nothing to do with each other. Remember the 5 year clock. He has to petition for a medical hardship waiver.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The two have nothing to do with each other. Remember the 5 year clock. He has to petition for a medical hardship waiver.
I think he was just saying that since he already missed most of a season due to the family illness, that the panel may believe it's a sincere and genuine request, and may be more incline to grant. As opposed to someone who played all season despite the illness and then filed for hardship

SwampChomp

Lifetime Member
Nov 30, 2017
per 'athleticscholarships.net'

Family Hardship Waivers
Family hardship waivers are some of the most common and most controversial waivers decided by the NCAA. The reason it is so controversial is many student-athletes in football and basketball request these waivers, and whether one is granted or denied can seem inconsistent.

The key thing to remember is that a student-athlete is arguing that the best thing for the athlete and his or her family is to allow the athlete to play immediately and that the athlete needs to transfer to assist with an ill or injured family member. The NCAA measures this in three areas.

• Nature of the injury or illness: The injury or illness should be life-threatening and involve an immediate family member (parent, legal guardian, or sibling). Waivers that are denied typically involve an extended family member (aunt, uncle, grandparent, etc.) unless that family member raised the student-athlete.
  • Student-athlete’s responsibilities related to the care of the family member: The more involved the student-athlete is in the day-to-day care for the family member, the more likely the waiver is to be granted.
  • Chronology of events: Waivers are more likely to be granted if something changed that prompted the student-athlete’s transfer like a diagnosis, the actual injury, or a worsening condition. Waivers are less likely to be granted if a family member has been ill or injured for a while, and nothing changed that require the student-athlete to transfer.
When requesting the waiver, the school must submit at least three sets of information, much of which will come from the student-athlete or his or her family:

• Documentation from the doctor who diagnosed the family member;
  • Documentation from the doctor who is currently treating the family member; and
  • A letter from the student-athlete explaining the need for a waiver.
These documentation standards can be hefty. Medical documentation typically includes both a letter from the doctor and medical documents like charts, treatment orders, and prescriptions.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think he was just saying that since he already missed most of a season due to the family illness, that the panel may believe it's a sincere and genuine request, and may be more incline to grant. As opposed to someone who played all season despite the illness and then filed for hardship
Yes. I’m saying it can be part of his argument for the waiver. Doesn’t hurt

Yeah I was just practicing being an ass hole. You do know that if you don't word something just right here you will be drawn and quartered. I think I said this earlier, I would bet money that knowing the kids situation, Urban probably was some part of the Grimes/Mullins decision. If his mom has that serious of a health problem, the NCAA would be really coldhearted to deny him a waiver.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The two commits yet to sign
4* OL Richard Gouraige
3* WR Corey Gammage
That puts us at 15 and leaves us 10 spots plus or minus.

So names being thrown around:
4* WR Anthony Schwartz (Don't understand why this isn't a done deal)
4* OT William Barnes (Apopka)
3* OG Ed Montilius (Apopka)
5* OT Nick Petit Frere (Tampa)
4* WR Tommy Bush
4* WR Trevon Grimes (transfer)
JUCO DT Noah Jefferson 6'6 330

Two names I forgot about
5* CB Patrick Surtain Jr.
4* CB Brendan Radley-Hiles

By my count we have room today for 6. I’m sure there will be attrition of at least 2-3 more for NFL, medical, disciplinary or playing time reasons.

I like your list except we do need to either recruit or grow bigger DE’s for the 3-4 base set.

I saw an article expecting Burney to play OLB. That makes sense and we’ll see a lot of 3-2-6 and 3-3-5 anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.