The National Signing Day Thread

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Brunson might be our most talented LB.

He’s also our only 2* (exceptions always exist to the rule.)

I didn’t expect my deadwood examples to be comprehensive. There’s easily enough that the 85 limit won’t be an issue. A few may benefit from the fresh start, others may not fit. We won’t know who exactly until April.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

There is A LOT more dead weight than that: Trash, McWilliams, Burnett, Jordan Smith, Rayshad Jackson, Desir Jones, Givens, Andrew Fvkking Mike, Moral Stephens, and plenty of other that are expendable too (the not quite deadweight but merely guys with a oulse Ancrum/Riles/Harkless zone).

Andrew Mike is still around??? How old is he, 37?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

There is A LOT more dead weight than that: Trash, McWilliams, Burnett, Jordan Smith, Rayshad Jackson, Desir Jones, Givens, Andrew Fvkking Mike, Moral Stephens, and plenty of other that are expendable too (the not quite deadweight but merely guys with a oulse Ancrum/Riles/Harkless zone).
Jordan Smith is gone already :jog:

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017
Andrew Mike is still around??? How old is he, 37?

He is. I think he could be gone though at the end of this spring semester. I have a few guys listed as redshirt juniors, meaning they will be redshirt seniors next season. You get five years to play four. These guys redshirted as freshmen, so they are technically finishing their senior year in May. This would be like what we did with Cam Dillard last year.

TE Moral Stephens
OL Andrew Mike
OL Kavaris Harkless

The only problem with this is that these guys aren't going to effect the 85 limit we are trying to stay under on signing day next month.

Transfer risks:
QB Jake Allen- not a fit for spread
WR Rick Wells- credit card fraud, airsoft gun incident, hasn't played a down yet
OL Nick Buchanan- has played in one game and actually didn't play bad (FSU last year) but he's going to be in the same category with Stephens, Mike, and Harkless this time next year
DT Luke Ancrum- same category as Buchanan, but has had much more playing time than Buchanan. Still a non-contributor
DT Richerd Desir-Jones- see Buchanan but has not played a down here. Credit card fraud
DE Keivonnis Davis- will be a redshirt junior, didn't play a down this past year because of that car wreck. I think he'll get a medical hardship and not be counted against the 85 limit. Part of the credit card fraud too
LB Lacedrick Brunson- played sparingly behind walk on linebackers as a freshman. Also didn't have other freshmen to go against and still didn't get playing time (Smith was injured, Houston/Miller were credit card fraud)
LB Ventrell Miller- credit card fraud, can't remember if it was him or James Houston who got the weed charge with James Robinson last summer
LB James Houston- see Miller
CB McArthur Burnett- look at every guy UF is offering at DB. 6'0 and taller. Most of them are 6'2 or 6'3. Burnett is listed at 5'7. Played special teams and got passed up by our freshmen almost immediately this past year. Couldn't get playing time at DB when we were riddled with injuries the past two years.
CB CJ McWilliams- I think he has a great shot to stay because he got some playing time last year and at times he had rave reviews in the spring. Needs to stay healthy or he'll get passed up by our incoming freshmen too
S Quincy Lenton- see McWilliams

All of the guys above could benefit from the new staff, but I expect a good amount of transfers that will help us with our class size in 2019 (only counting 11 seniors next year at the moment).

gatorgrad'02

Aug 10, 2015
I still have hope for McWilliams. He’s a top level athlete, who needs to learn what it means to be a football player. Maybe a good kick in the arse during S&C this offseason will help him put it together.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
Anyone else think that Mullen is going to slow play the debit card players in case he can actually pull in a larger class or have a larger than expected attrition. I'm not so sure we don't end up with close to 85 scholarship players.
Personally I don't think so. I think he'll go along with the decisions handed down by whatever authority is adjudicating this humiliating mess, and maybe he'll add in some extra time with Doc Savage. My thinking is that he wasn't around when this shyt happened so he won't be heavy handed, he'll just go along, but I hope that if and when there's a next time that he'll just kick them the hell out.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
(from Candy on gatorcountry's recruiting board):

UF D-Line Class: If I had to guess today I would go Malik Langham, Jefferson and Gerald. If UF gets that I will be happy. The staff pulled out the stops so to speak on a visit with Langham. Hopefully it has the desired effect. Lovette will also come for a visit and I view him as a backup plan. That does not mean the staff rates these guys like I do but time will tell.

UF O-Line: UF re offered Trente Jones and he is projected 100% to UF. Don’t get excited as this is a 2019 kid but a good one.

As for this years class, I am a bit concerned at this point. I like the two early guys but would feel much better with some good news from Barnes, UF is still the favorite. I would be happy at this point with him and Montilus. I don’t know what happened but Montilus is now projected to NC. For months now, the two have been projected as a package. So there you have it, one leaning NC and one leaning UF. As for NPF, no one knows for sure what is up with him. UF does have the duo of Barnes and Montilus (sounds like a law firm) scheduled for an OV and I still think they will choose UF in the end.

Lb’er: I’ll make this one short and sweet. Caleb Tannor, Caleb Johnson and or Andrew Chatfield. UF is out with Quay Walker and will not be allowed to recruit Xavier Peterson. If my observations are correct Peters will be in the NFL in 3 years. So I was hoping against hope his grades were going to allow UF to bring him in. Johnson is not rated as highly as Tannor and I’m not sure why as their films are compatible. I expect 2 of the three added to the class in the end.

Preferred Walk-on: I spoke of this in a previous candy gram that UF had been in contact with several potential PWO. Marco Ortiz is one of them and it’s a good get. I do know of a couple of more but I don’t know when they will pop. Ortiz was a different situation than the others I know about.

•Class of 2018 long snapper Marco Ortiz, from Richmond, Va., announced he has committed to Florida.

Isaac Taylor Stewart: The #2 ranked Corner got his offer today, 1/17/18. Hey why not give it a shot.

UF DB class: Loosing Randy Russell is not good for the class but I really hurt for the kid, He stayed true through the coaching change and I wish the guy all the best. In a show of respect, Randy’s HS team mate and UM commit Cam Davis will wear #21. I don’t like the Canes but I have to like the gesture by Davis.

I don’t know where UF goes but they would like to get one more DB. My best guess at this point is Wildgoose or Noah Boykin. The argument could be made that UCF is the competition here for Wildgoose who reneged on his UGA commit after a OV. My guess is UGA felt good about Campbell and may not have given the goose much love. I could sugar coat it but Tyson Campbell was higher on my rankings than Surtain. Mario Goodrich is most likely the top choice of the staff but I think he is lsu bound. Griffin will stay out west or go UT so UF could end up with what they already have. Not the worst case IMO. Do not take a reach here please. That said, I would take either or both of the Goose and Boykin.

UF WR: I still say add Copeland and Watson and call it a class. There are several +1 guys here but UF could end up with just adding Watkins.

Chauncey Manac: There has been some noise that UF leads for his commitment. It is ironic that just a few weeks ago we were discussing over signing on O-line and not having choices on D-line. Is it possible that UF is now going to have to make choices on the D-line? Do you take Manac, Gerald, Jefferson, Langham and then tell Miller we are full if he wants to come?

It looks as if I was correct in the lsu would finish strong with their final 3. Former UF commit Jamarr Chase and family visited lsu last weekend. My contact to Tiger land is confident they finish with Chase and Surtain. He is probably correct but I just have a funny feeling about Surtain, not to UF but somewhere besides Baton Rouge.

Glenn Beal: The John Curtis TE will not have a spot in the lsu class as even if Chase or Surtain fall through, they will go a different position. Beal is scheduled to visit UF and he is at Jimbo land this weekend. As for UF, TE is pretty much done unless this staff views Dante Lang as an either side of the ball guy.

8-10 spots: As of today here is the Candy projections to finish the class.

OL-Barnes and Montilus

WR: Watkins and Copeland

DL: Gerald, Jefferson, Langham

LB: Chatfield, Johnson

DB: Boykin

The only +1s I see are, ranked in order of probability, Miller, NPF, Bush, Griffin, Stewart, Surtain and Silvera.

About Xavier Peters: I have a contact in the admin side. Peters truly was interested in UF and the staff would have loved to get him. Based on what I was told, UF just couldn’t make it happen academically.

GatorWarfare

Nov 11, 2017

UF D-Line Class: If I had to guess today I would go Malik Langham, Jefferson and Gerald. If UF gets that I will be happy. The staff pulled out the stops so to speak on a visit with Langham. Hopefully it has the desired effect. Lovette will also come for a visit and I view him as a backup plan. That does not mean the staff rates these guys like I do but time will tell.

UF O-Line: UF re offered Trente Jones and he is projected 100% to UF. Don’t get excited as this is a 2019 kid but a good one.

As for this years class, I am a bit concerned at this point. I like the two early guys but would feel much better with some good news from Barnes, UF is still the favorite. I would be happy at this point with him and Montilus. I don’t know what happened but Montilus is now projected to NC. For months now, the two have been projected as a package. So there you have it, one leaning NC and one leaning UF. As for NPF, no one knows for sure what is up with him. UF does have the duo of Barnes and Montilus (sounds like a law firm) scheduled for an OV and I still think they will choose UF in the end.

Lb’er: I’ll make this one short and sweet. Caleb Tannor, Caleb Johnson and or Andrew Chatfield. UF is out with Quay Walker and will not be allowed to recruit Xavier Peterson. If my observations are correct Peters will be in the NFL in 3 years. So I was hoping against hope his grades were going to allow UF to bring him in. Johnson is not rated as highly as Tannor and I’m not sure why as their films are compatible. I expect 2 of the three added to the class in the end.

Preferred Walk-on: I spoke of this in a previous candy gram that UF had been in contact with several potential PWO. Marco Ortiz is one of them and it’s a good get. I do know of a couple of more but I don’t know when they will pop. Ortiz was a different situation than the others I know about.

•Class of 2018 long snapper Marco Ortiz, from Richmond, Va., announced he has committed to Florida.

Isaac Taylor Stewart: The #2 ranked Corner got his offer today, 1/17/18. Hey why not give it a shot.

UF DB class: Loosing Randy Russell is not good for the class but I really hurt for the kid, He stayed true through the coaching change and I wish the guy all the best. In a show of respect, Randy’s HS team mate and UM commit Cam Davis will wear #21. I don’t like the Canes but I have to like the gesture by Davis.

I don’t know where UF goes but they would like to get one more DB. My best guess at this point is Wildgoose or Noah Boykin. The argument could be made that UCF is the competition here for Wildgoose who reneged on his UGA commit after a OV. My guess is UGA felt good about Campbell and may not have given the goose much love. I could sugar coat it but Tyson Campbell was higher on my rankings than Surtain. Mario Goodrich is most likely the top choice of the staff but I think he is lsu bound. Griffin will stay out west or go UT so UF could end up with what they already have. Not the worst case IMO. Do not take a reach here please. That said, I would take either or both of the Goose and Boykin.

UF WR: I still say add Copeland and Watson and call it a class. There are several +1 guys here but UF could end up with just adding Watkins.

Chauncey Manac: There has been some noise that UF leads for his commitment. It is ironic that just a few weeks ago we were discussing over signing on O-line and not having choices on D-line. Is it possible that UF is now going to have to make choices on the D-line? Do you take Manac, Gerald, Jefferson, Langham and then tell Miller we are full if he wants to come?

It looks as if I was correct in the lsu would finish strong with their final 3. Former UF commit Jamarr Chase and family visited lsu last weekend. My contact to Tiger land is confident they finish with Chase and Surtain. He is probably correct but I just have a funny feeling about Surtain, not to UF but somewhere besides Baton Rouge.

Glenn Beal: The John Curtis TE will not have a spot in the lsu class as even if Chase or Surtain fall through, they will go a different position. Beal is scheduled to visit UF and he is at Jimbo land this weekend. As for UF, TE is pretty much done unless this staff views Dante Lang as an either side of the ball guy.

OL-Barnes and Montilus

The only +1s I see are, ranked in order of probability, Miller, NPF, Bush, Griffin, Stewart, Surtain and Silvera.

About Xavier Peters: I have a contact in the admin side. Peters truly was interested in UF and the staff would have loved to get him. Based on what I was told, UF just couldn’t make it happen academically.

Since he wasn't in the plus one category, does that mean he thinks we will also son Richard Gouraige?

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

OL-Barnes and Montilus

Eh i think this guy is completely clueless. I dont think we get most of the guys hes talking about. Langham is all bama and youd have to be brain dead not to know that. Only way we get langham is of bama wont take him.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is gonna be Clayton’s breakout year.... and Debose’s

I think Clayton breaks out in reality as he played about as good as those starters did in the Spring game last season. He was giving Taylor fits and he should be up to true DE size this season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb