--------------------S---------------------S-------------------

Must be 3rd and 74

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think we're going to have a rush end/ hybrid 4-3 as you have labeled it. I think the outside linebackers are going to be outside linebackers hopefully either which has the ability to Blitz or cover.

Without knowing who are starting safeties art stuff to know who the starting nickel might be. if you made me guess I'd say Chauncey will slide from safety to nickel.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't think we're going to have a rush end/ hybrid 4-3 as you have labeled it. I think the outside linebackers are going to be outside linebackers hopefully either which has the ability to Blitz or cover.

Without knowing who are starting safeties art stuff to know who the starting nickel might be. if you made me guess I'd say Chauncey will slide from safety to nickel.

The D in that chart is what was run mostly in the spring (according the Goldkamp). I imagine it will change depending on down/distance, obviously. I was thinking the RE and/or the Nickel could (or would) be a hybrid (in this defense) - either a lighter LB/DE like Moon, Reese II, Chatfield, K. Johnson, CeCe, Nick Smith - or - a bigger Safety - Burney, Chauncey, Lenton.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We will see.

Rush End/Jack/Buck whatever isnt a concept Grantham uses but I will check w my friend who worked with him to verify.

I know what you mean but generally the hybrid moves back to DE for third and long.

Weve played a bunch of nickel last year and in the spring just because we didnt have competent linebackers (ie good enough to beat out a walkon) and elected to play another safety instead.

We will see. I honestly havent paid much attention to the defense while spending quality time w old Cowbell games. Im just assuming our defense will be above average, not elite, pretty much every year under Grantham.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
In the spring game I think it was Polite you saw quite a bit early in that game playing standing up. I think he was on the right side more than the left when he was in there.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Meh... I have about the same feeling for this fall that I had this time last year. Season is going to be long and painful and before it's over, we'll be wishing it already was.

:pumper:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I used to enjoy the "best player to wear # ____ jersey" threads leading up to the season. So I'm hijacking this one. I say Bennie Alexander with Everett a close second.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I used to enjoy the "best player to wear # ____ jersey" threads leading up to the season. So I'm hijacking this one. I say Bennie Alexander with Everett a close second.

I don’t think Bennie lived up to the hype. I’d take the helmetless hero any day.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Please Lawdy let football start.

Go Gators kick some arse

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watching Tenn game repeat. We played dumb. Not prepared to act at all. Not disciplined. That should change. Do we have a kicker or punter?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Nine seasons of futile chasing after past glory. We're faced with a new reality. We're starting from Ground Zero. What we need more than anything is steady growth.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Watching this Tenn game there are some Florida players playing with heart. It sucks they had the ladder kicked out from under them by the poor coaching.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nine seasons of futile chasing after past glory. We're faced with a new reality. We're starting from Ground Zero. What we need more than anything is steady growth.
This! Steady growth and stability. I hope Mullen can get us back to championship level, but right now we just need to get the recruiting going and show improvement year after year.

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This! Steady growth and stability. I hope Mullen can get us back to championship level, but right now we just need to get the recruiting going and show improvement year after year.
Mullen will make us more competitive, stronger, and more competitive. He will be an overall positive impact on these young men. A definite step up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb