• Total voters

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah but any GatorChatter confirmation?

I can confirm that if you'll take time to watch it yourself you will know more than most reporters and all the posters that speculate on this board. O-line starts at 22:00 if you are too busy to watch the whole thing. The only player who will miss game time due to injury at this point is Quincy Linton according to Mullen.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

did Dan Mullen really just say the one receivers are going to play 45 plays and the twos are going to play 35? so we can rotate them and keep them fresh?

anybody want to do the over under on how many offensive plays we average? I'm fairly certain the meerkat time of possession offense is not going to be anywhere near that many plays. how does he say these things and the reporters not question him about it.

maybe he switched to the Chip Kelly offense.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
did Dan Mullen really just say the one receivers are going to play 45 plays and the twos are going to play 35? so we can rotate them and keep them fresh?

anybody want to do the over under on how many offensive plays we average? I'm fairly certain the meerkat time of possession offense is it going to be anywhere near that many plays. how does he say these things and the reporters not question him about it.

80 is way too many. O/U is probably 65-ish.

Heggie is out of the boot, but not practicing yet. He will either supplant Jordan at OG or Buchanan...eventually.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

anybody want to do the over under on how many offensive plays we average? I'm fairly certain the meerkat time of possession offense is not going to be anywhere near that many plays. how does he say these things and the reporters not question him about it.

Things an important lawyer such as yourself should know:

Poetic License
Figure of Speech
Proportionality

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018

Heggie is out of the boot, but not practicing yet. He will either supplant Jordan at OG or Buchanan...eventually.

That’s not far off of what MSU averaged per game last season. They averaged 76 plays per game. Sounds like the correct ball park to me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
That’s not far off of what MSU averaged per game last season. They averaged 76 plays per game. Sounds like the correct ball park to me.

Sure, if our qb gets his sh*t together. 3 and outs don't equal a lot of plays.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Surprising. I was expecting 50 ish.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm fretting enough that I'll need inebriation even the first game = thus I'm soptimistic about the DM-Gators.
Kickoff excitement is building.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

Couldn’t there be 1s and 2s on the field at the same time? Those don’t have to be added together - 1s could average 45 and 2s average 35 and it be 65 plays, right?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Couldn’t there be 1s and 2s on the field at the same time? Those don’t have to be added together - 1s could average 45 and 2s average 35 and it be 65 plays, right?
I thought about that, but he said so the 1s could get a rest, so it isn't just five receiver sets or whatever.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

What am I missing 45 & 35 = 80 ??

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I thought about that, but he said so the 1s could get a rest, so it isn't just five receiver sets or whatever.

What am I missing 45 & 35 = 80 ??

Let us not overthink this....Don Millens comments are not exactly etched in stone quite yet.

DMVGator

Aug 15, 2018
Surprising. I was expecting 50 ish.

Not gonna flex, I didn’t want Mullen either. I think Urban was the mastermind behind those teams regardless of Adazzio the clown. Dude needs to pick it up in recruiting because we all know that he can’t “do more with less”. That’s straight FACTS.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016

I was just talking about this with my brother last week. Mullen averaged like 75 plays a game on offense at msu. One of the really good stat guys on here can look it up exactly if they care. I'm sure he plans on trying to run 75+ plays a game here. He knows the fanbase is restless. He's got to run a bunch of plays, be exciting on offense in some way & score TDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator