• Kyle Trask

Votes: 58 35.6%

• Total voters

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
2nd practice is underway:

McCoy at 3rd team Center, behind walk-on Nick Villano (Buchanan still #1).

Joseph still running at 1st team LB. Heggie still 2nd team OG. Gourage & Delance #2 OT's.

A lot of special teams practice. Umstead Sanders has two partial blocks in punt-block drills. Several other players get blocks.

Wilson, Bleich, Dean, Edwards, Clayton, Carter and a few others are reported to be significantly bigger.

There is an "updated" roster in the UF Media Guide....but still has many of the same weights from last year's roster (such as Wilson weighing 177lbs....and reports are he's gotten much, much bigger). CeCe's weight is listed at 261; still has Clayton at 220lbs (he's supposedly over 260, possibly 270), still has Emory at 192lbs (same as when he arrived), older Reese is listed at 244, Zuniga is down to 245? (he's been listed at 260), Franks is listed at 219....and he said he's 245 just yesterday. It's freaking amateur hour by the UAA putting out a roster like this.

Here's the PDF of the media guide:

2018 Florida Football Media Guide - Florida Gators

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
2nd practice is underway:

McCoy at 3rd team Center, behind walk-on Nick Villano (Buchanan still #1).

Joseph still running at 1st team LB. Heggie still 2nd team OG. Gourage & Delance #2 OT's.

A lot of special teams practice. Umstead Sanders has two partial blocks in punt-block drills. Several other players get blocks.

Wilson, Bleich, Dean, Edwards, Clayton, Carter and a few others are reported to be significantly bigger.

There is an "updated" roster in the UF Media Guide....but still has many of the same weights from last year's roster (such as Wilson weighing 177lbs....and reports are he's gotten much, much bigger). CeCe's weight is listed at 261; still has Clayton at 220lbs (he's supposedly over 260, possibly 270), still has Emory at 192lbs (same as when he arrived), older Reese is listed at 244, Zuniga is down to 245? (he's been listed at 260), Franks is listed at 219....and he said he's 245 just yesterday. It's freaking amateur hour by the UAA putting out a roster like this.

Here's the PDF of the media guide:

2018 Florida Football Media Guide - Florida Gators

Glad to see the emphasis being put on special teams again. If we could be half as good as we were under Meyer on special teams, it would be a vast improvement over what we’ve been.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Glad to see the emphasis being put on special teams again. If we could be half as good as we were under Meyer on special teams, it would be a vast improvement over what we’ve been.

I got a buddy who's a "reporter" (he does a radio show and some weekly articles) who's been at the first few practices (yesterday and today) sending me some info. I'll try to get some more info if he's not too busy....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Here's how true winners "lean out."

The UAA really sh*t the bed w/ this strategy - to promote his PBJ fettish. They also pushed the 'no socks' thing......then the BBQ sauce - before it all came crashing down. "Hey, look how cool our new coach is!!" Another failure on Foley and the UAA.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I got a buddy who's a "reporter" (he does a radio show and some weekly articles) who's been at the first few practices (yesterday and today) sending me some info. I'll try to get some more info if he's not too busy....
i knew you a dooley were pals. ive suspected this for years!

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did they sleep with Mrs. Mullen? McCoy is on the Rimington Watch List.
http://www.rimingtontrophy.com/watchlist/

Heggie seemed to be coming along before the injury. What the hell happened?

I asked that same question (first off, it's pretty well known that McCoy is on the outs w/ this staff - he doesn't seem to fit at Center with what Hevesy wants. IMO, he's not big or strong enough). They are not in full pads, just helmets. I think they're feeling things out and then once pads come on we'll see some movement. Heggie is the best OL on the team. He's coming off a bad injury, so they're probably just evaluating where he is right now.

Unfortunately, I think Jordan and/or Johnson will be a starter (one will be the 6th man).

I'd love to see Delance, Moore, or Gouraige make a move.

IMO, Buchanan is a big surprise. He probably won't be the starter, but looks like he'll play a lot. He's gotten bigger and stronger and he's got experience.

SaltGator

Founding Member
Midline
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Always appreciate your info, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.