Happy Anniversary! Jim McElwain fired

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Simply, I think Mac attempted to exert himself as another Nick Saban, minus of course, all of the accomplishments.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Am I alone in thinking Mac's arrogance is a cover for insecurity?
Uhhhhhh.... maybe. It usually is. But I really think he just isnt particularly smart also and has close to zero people skills. Just totally unfit for the job.

Saban can make almost anyone look OK bc the have a staff of hundreds with jobs that are so specialized and with so much other support.

Fioley was NOT going to give up on the "just hire a saban" plan though. he d probably hire Dooley if he were still here.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Podcast summary: you are all Gidiots. I knew it all the time but I was sure he would get one or two years and they had to tell me to stop writing pro-Butters articles the day before he was fired.

Last edited:

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Podcast summary: you are all Gidiots. I knew it all the time but I was sure he would get one or two years and they had to tell me to stop writing pro-Butters articles the day before he was fired.
Pat Dooley maybe does as much harm to the Gator brand as Butters has. Besides being a dumbfcck, he has this attitude of superiority that is mind boggling. He’s like the King in the movie Role Models

TheSaintThing05

Founding Member
Frost or death
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, I still feel like I need to be pinched. It feels damn near surreal that we got rid of Butters as swiftly as we did. I had accepted the grim reality we'd be stuck with him and his teeth until Nov 2018. Is anyone else still on cloud 9?

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, I still feel like I need to be pinched. It feels damn near surreal that we got rid of Butters as swiftly as we did. I had accepted the grim reality we'd be stuck with him and his teeth until Nov 2018. Is anyone else still on cloud 9?

:raisehand:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pat Dooley maybe does as much harm to the Gator brand as Butters has. Besides being a dumbfcck, he has this attitude of superiority that is mind boggling. He’s like the King in the movie Role Models
Two peas in a pod. Both with room temperature IQs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I had heard the AD's office didn't like him... but they never do. SOS and Foley didn't get along. CUM and Foley didn't either. Only Zook and Chimp were liked, so I guess I didn't take it as necessarily a bad thing and I didn't get the info that it was bad enough they wanted rid of his fat azz.
Oh well.

A great weight off of the program. The longer he stayed, the more damage he would have done.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Benefit from what he's done? You mean continue to mire our program in lower mediocrity? I certainly hope not!

Uh, yeah...the PB&J station at the team training table is top notch.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I am rejoiceful. Got me to wondering, what if our players gradually realize that football is switching from fakery to reality? And from that all players, all recruits get happier and enthused.

Treebeard

Oops, just stepped on a Lorax.
Lifetime Member
Dec 23, 2015
There's an old joke about a company CEO who was universally despised. When he has a heart attack and dies, his receptionist had to inform callers requesting to speak with him that he had died. These calls gradually trailed off to just one per day, but the receptionist noticed that it sounded like the same person each time. One day she confronted him: "you are calling every day for Mr. so-n-so, and I tell you every day that he is dead. Why do you keep calling?"
His response: "I just like hearing it!"

Although there really is no new news in this thread, I like clicking on it multiple times a day...:swampqueen::stars::sohappy:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's an old joke about a company CEO who was universally despised. When he has a heart attack and dies, his receptionist had to inform callers requesting to speak with him that he had died. These calls gradually trailed off to just one per day, but the receptionist noticed that it sounded like the same person each time. One day she confronted him: "you are calling every day for Mr. so-n-so, and I tell you every day that he is dead. Why do you keep calling?"

Although there really is no new news in this thread, I like clicking on it multiple times a day...:swampqueen::stars::sohappy:
Billy-D_Approves.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

You need to post more often, Treebeard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.