Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
giphy.gif

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Suggestion: https://maryvilleathletics.com/2016/12/27/new-head-football-coach-derek-hunt-2/
He's young and has his team in the hunt for the 6A State Title! With a day job as a 7th grade math teacher, his buyout is probably reasonable which is important given how much jet fuel they have used trying to get a head coach and the sizeable buyout they likely owe to a guy who will never coach a down for them.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
That is the same reaction I had. :bwahaha:

Serious question: How toxic does it seem as a Vols fan? What are your fellow vols fans saying?

Keep in mind I don't visit Volnation or any of those crazy sites. My circle is pretty logical folks. We are disgusted with Currie and Davenport. Currently the frustration lies with why would Currie run up and ink a deal with Schiano when its clear that Gundy and Brohm would sit and listen? That is mind boggling. I have a hunch that if you're Gundy or Brohm, don't you wonder if the AD you're talking to is even going to be there in 30 days. That could be part of the problem.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Keep in mind I don't visit Volnation or any of those crazy sites. My circle is pretty logical folks. We are disgusted with Currie and Davenport. Currently the frustration lies with why would Currie run up and ink a deal with Schiano when its clear that Gundy and Brohm would sit and listen? That is mind boggling. I have a hunch that if you're Gundy or Brohm, don't you wonder if the AD you're talking to is even going to be there in 30 days. That could be part of the problem.
This, you hit the nail on the head. Putting aside the Penn state allegations, pursuing Schiano made absolutely no sense.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
Is it possible that Schiano was forced upon Currie?

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Do you have any idea why Mike Norvell is untouchable for anyone? With your connections I thought you may have heard something.

This was discussed a few days ago. Norvell was on the initial short list. Top 5 candidates. He started to fade away pretty quick after the vetting processes started. Not just for us. Miss St nor Arky have given him much attention. Agree with 5 star, something ugly may be lurking beneath the surface with Norvell. I never got a definite answer as to what.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

All the Tenn fans think this is a done deal.....so juicy!

I like Brohm but I dont think he is dangerous at Tinerc. He isnt a top recruiter and you have to be a receuiter for that place.

I really enjoy watching this dumpster fire burn.

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
Is it possible that Schiano was forced upon Currie?

Jimmy Haslam that owns the Browns interviewed Schiano for the Browns job in Jan 2014 and liked him a lot. Rumor is Haslam was pushing Schiano up the list. So to answer your question, yes, I think Haslams influence is why Currie was so fast to get in front of Schiano.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Having been stationed in Cleveland and observed the browns for a few years, I’m not sure why haslam would think he’s qualified to identify a good coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator