UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Chip didn't embarrass the university for 10 months and then sneak away in the middle of the night like a weasel. It was horrific what he pulled on that school.

And he sucks balls as a head coach anyway.
Chip is one case. I don't trust public institutions generally and universities will say anything when searching for a football coach. Not sure Lane is a bad coach.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Do you really think this is about the child rape allegations at PSU? Tenn fans hated the Schiano hire because he was a bad choice from the start. The fans and boosters dug up the testimony as a way to force the administration to move on and continue the coaching search.

Let me ask you this; if Gruden agreed to coach at Tennessee and had the same allegations levied against him, do you think boosters and UT fan's would've said a damn thing? In fact, they would've made him Governor of Tennessee and changed the name of Knoxville to "Grudenville," for starters.

I do think it is about the allegations, and yes if he was famous that would have been a much lesser issue. I live in Tn. the governor would not be doing that.

Now I actually think he is one of the best choices that they could make, much better than say the last 3 or 4, there are so many I lose track.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Chip is one case. I don't trust public institutions generally and universities will say anything when searching for a football coach. Not sure Lane is a bad coach.
If they wanted Kiffin, don't you think they would have gotten to him by now? They are 10 coaches in.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
What would Alvin say?

Here it is from an old forum

Give the good people of Tennessee a standing ovation how they put together a grassroots rebellion against that immoral scumbag from hell, Greg Schiano. There was one overriding issue with this desperate hire by the UT Athletic Department. Schiano failed to report sexual assault while an assistant coach at Penn State under Joe Paterno and alongside the convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky.

We could not live with the shame of the University being associated with a lowlife pedophile enabler.

You are welcome.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here it is from an old forum

Give the good people of Tennessee a standing ovation how they put together a grassroots rebellion against that immoral scumbag from hell, Greg Schiano. There was one overriding issue with this desperate hire by the UT Athletic Department. Schiano failed to report sexual assault while an assistant coach at Penn State under Joe Paterno and alongside the convicted child molester Jerry Sandusky.

We could not live with the shame of the University being associated with a lowlife pedophile enabler.

You are welcome.
That is such BS. Do you think if Jon Gruden had been on the PSU staff at that time they would have cared? So disingenuous, and I'm glad the whole country sees through it.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
That is such BS. Do you think if Jon Gruden had been on the PSU staff at that time they would have cared? So disingenuous, and I'm glad the whole country sees through it.

You must have missed it that is what Alvin posted over at the old forum.

And yes if Gruden was the person involved it would have mattered not.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A buddy of mine is a Memphis grad. He said he had heard it was gambling. Take it for what it's worth.

Tunica is about a 40 min drive away. Maybe someone saw him at the Grand playing black jack?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Shouldnt Cutcliff be part of the thread title? Dude has Tennessee roots and still chooses Duke. At this point they'll be interviewing the assistant jizzmopper from the nudie booth soon.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
These loonies are actually planning another mass protest and painting of rocks again to try to block the hire. This is astounding.....

.....and I'm loving it! :dance:

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Just think. A scant couple of days ago we are flailing at each other over hiring Dan Mullen. Now, we stand united in glee at the misery of the delusiVols. And that is what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown...

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
You do have to factor the campii Virtue Signalers into this calculus. The facts certainly didn’t matter.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Too bad. This could have worked out well. Guam.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.