UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Sumlin wouldn't be a bad hire which would be such a disappointment after this circus. At this point they deserve some peewee assistant defensive coordinator's son to be named head coach.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprising at all. Doeren and NC State had reached a stalemate with a contract extension/raise right before Tennessee came into the picture. Doeren used Tenn like a 5 cent hoar to get what he wanted out of NC State. Well played.

If your gotta use it to get what you want... I guess go for it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: #Tennessee may now try and hustle to get a deal done with Kevin Sumlin who is likely to be in play for some potential vacancies.
I certainly hope that does not happen. Those jagoffs do not deserve anyone decent.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like Sumlin will now get his chance to say no to Tennessee. With the Vols reaching out to him about 10th on their list, and his options with several openings, hopefully he passes on the bad guys.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sumlin will command about $7-8m. Hell, he should ask for $10m and 15 years guaranteed.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Sumlin will command about $7-8m. Hell, he should ask for $10m and 15 years guaranteed.
Absolutely. If I'm him I don't take less than being the highest-paid coach in the nation. UT is so desperate he could get it.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Absolutely. If I'm him I don't take less than being the highest-paid coach in the nation. UT is so desperate he could get it.
How long do you think until Currie is fired? I say about 10 minutes after the the next HC is announced.

g8tr72

Lifetime Member
Jun 8, 2016
Just to stop the bleeding they should make Hoke interim for next year until the chaos dies down.

But I hope they don't - this is all entertaining.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just to stop the bleeding they should make Hoke interim for next year until the chaos dies down.

But I hope they don't - this is all entertaining.
That would be the wise thing to do, but we’re talking about the Vols. They’ll end up with someone worse than the last 3 and overpay to get them.

AvgJoe

Nov 14, 2017
I was watching some of the golf awhile ago....Tiger, as he was making the turn, announced that he declined Curries' offer to coach UT.

:lol:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Yes

Takes skills to not only destroy a professional team, but a collegiate football program at the same time. Haslam is a national treasure.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
He's not going to UT. He's waiting for Jimbo to jump. I would bet Les Miles is too, but I think Miles probably ends up at Arkansas (due to his TX/LA recruiting connections) if Norvell is as toxic as it seems he may be. I don't see any of the people that have been mentioned with that job taking it. Morris, I think, is waiting for the stink to wear off at Baylor. I don't think Leach wants to leave WSU, and I think Brent Venables is staying on at Clemson until Kansas State comes open, unless Dabo jumps and he can be promoted in house. It all hinges on what Jimbo does. Although strange things do happen. Arizona State apparently naming Herm Edwards (.....?) to be the next head coach who took the job because he didn't like traveling (...!?) instead of taking Sumlin who would have done much better.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
11710465-large.jpg

Hello. John Currie? Sorry wrong number.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.