UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

PaterLacerta

Who’s Your Daddy?
Jan 19, 2016
If UT gets Gundy they got the better coach.

Substitute "Gundy" for "Mullen" in all the critical posts and you wouldn't know the difference. Are you sure these reports aren't just misspelling Gruden?

It's my understanding Davenport did not sign the MOU. I'm not an expert on all this but what I'm told the MOU required 4 signatures to be valid.
As for the defamation, UT officials and representatives were on board with the hire. It was the masses on twitter and fans at the stadium that were slandering him over the child rape stuff. I even made a comment. I'm far from an attorney but I don't see where he can sue for defamation. Someone that knows more can help me here. Can Schiano sue me for my comment?:fear:
Do you have deep pockets or will you need a "Go Fund Me" page?

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Why does everybody think Gundy would destroy Mullen? Serious question. Gundy with all of T Boone Pickens money and facilities hasn’t built a winner at OK State.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I would agree with this. 6+ mil a year is a strong incentive.
They would have to give him 7+. Maybe even 8. Hell, if I was Gundy I would ask for 10. There is no more desperate team than the Vols at this very moment. I'd soak the hell out of them.

Frankly, it's an awful job and the poor sap that takes it deserves 10 million.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
They would have to give him 7+. Maybe even 8. Hell, if I was Gundy I would ask for 10. There is no more desperate team than the Vols at this very moment. I'd soak the hell out of them.

I'll take the job for that, and work on getting fired as quickly as possible. :handraised:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This can't be true i heard it here first that he was unattainable... very strongly worded responses too

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Why does everybody think Gundy would destroy Mullen? Serious question. Gundy with all of T Boone Pickens money and facilities hasn’t built a winner at OK State.

If they win their bowl game they will have like five 10 win seasons in the past seven years. He has kind of been like Richt just not winning conference championships. The year he did win the conference they screwed them over and sent Bama to the BCSCG instead in that rematch with LSU.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Y’all are still thinking Gundy is 40, well he’s 50. In the 10(+) years he’s been there how many times have they won the Big10? How many times where they in the BCS/Playoffs? How many times did he beat OU? Gundy is a third tier coach

Durty's Toe

drunk AF
Sep 2, 2017

He must be doing the right way, building champions of life. P.S. Are you implying T Boone’s money could buy players?

SecVolfan13

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014

Why is it an awful job?
It's no more of an awful job than any other SEC coaching job Ox. The fan base is loyal to coaches who win games and downright hostile to those that don't. No different than here, Baton Rouge or College Station. You succeed you get paid 5,6 or 7 million dollars a year. You don't meet expectations or go 4-8 you're ran out of town.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

I know that I do not. Gundy is simply Larry Fedora with financial support. A GREAT offensive mind and fantastic OC, but not so much of the head coaching and game prep kind of guy. I would not have minded him at Tenn. We would still own them.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@Brett_McMurphy: Sources: Mike Gundy has decided to remain at Oklahoma State. He met w/Tennessee officials Tuesday in Dallas. Gundy reportedly had a 6-year, $42 million deal from Tennessee, but will remain at his alma mater https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy

Wasn’t sure if it was a twitter troll account, so went to volnation to see if they had it. Trying to open the page was like downloading Gone With The Wind on 1998 dial up.

Tells me all I need to know. Yikes.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Y’all are still thinking Gundy is 40, well he’s 50. In the 10(+) years he’s been there how many times have they won the Big10? How many times where they in the BCS/Playoffs? How many times did he beat OU? Gundy is a third tier coach
I am certain that in all the years Gundy has been at Ok st, he has never won the Big 10 :suspect:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wasn’t sure if it was a twitter troll account, so went to volnation to see if they had it. Trying to open the page was like downloading Gone With The Wind on 1998 dial up.

Tells me all I need to know. Yikes.

Here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.