UT hires Jeremy Pruitt; Vol fans claim it's the Hire of the Century

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Why is it an awful job?
It's no more of an awful job than any other SEC coaching job Ox. The fan base is loyal to coaches who win games and downright hostile to those that don't. No different than here, Baton Rouge or College Station. You succeed you get paid 5,6 or 7 million dollars a year. You don't meet expectations or go 4-8 you're ran out of town.
Are you kidding? After what your fan base did to Schiano? The national media is unanimously calling the UT job toxic. Your gonna end up with a middle of the road coordinator.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It's a b!tch having body odor, Vols... go rocky flop!

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
The Vols should consider The Man in Black, Jerry Glanville. Hell, Arizona State is interviewing Herm Edwards.
Or Butch Davis. He managed to clean up Dennis Erickson's stench at Miami. Then again, he's 66.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: Contrary to reports, #SMU coach Chad Morris is not expected to interview tomorrow with #Tennessee, source tells me.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCES: #Tennessee chased Mike Gundy & came up empty. What next for the #Vols? #NCState's Dave Doeren, #Purdue's Jeff Brohm and maybe #USC OC Tee Martin... http://on.si.com/2BtO2Xo

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Will someone here please tell us what's going on over at the Vols board.
Ox???

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Pat Jones says SS offered the Florida job to Gundy and he turned it down.

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
And peter King blasts the Vols also.

I think this story about Greg Schiano having a deal to coach Tennessee, then having the deal walked back Sunday evening because of the outcry over what might have happened at Penn State connected to the Jerry Sandusky case, over what was never proven and denied by the relevant parties under oath, over what Tennessee never investigated thoroughly, is a disgrace to thinking people. It also emboldens the screamers on social media, a nod to those who think if you scream loud enough in this current iteration of America you can overcome reason, and a totally unfair slap at a good man in Schiano. The pathetic result of this caper is that the social-media lynch mob won and no matter how well Schiano does as an assistant at Ohio State, it may never be good enough for him to get a head-coaching job. The water has been poisoned by the crazies. In America today, that matters.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/27/n...eelers-greg-schiano-tennessee-peter-king-mmqb
Wish I could give this post a dozen "likes".

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
How bad is it when you basically try to double a guys salary 4.2 to 8 million and he says thanks but no thanks? Ole Rocky flop

completely toxic

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Anyone who is smart has got to be avoiding that situation like it is radioactive. They've obviously started leaking names to gauge fan base reaction. It's just my opinion, but I think they are going to end up with a first time head coach.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
@BruceFeldmanCFB: SOURCES: #Tennessee chased Mike Gundy & came up empty. What next for the #Vols? #NCState's Dave Doeren, #Purdue's Jeff Brohm and maybe #USC OC Tee Martin... http://on.si.com/2BtO2Xo
Tee Martin is really their best shot, imo. They can pitch him the "come home and save us" line and way over pay him. I think he has shown flashes and could be a guy down the road, but I think starting as a HC at UT would end in sadness and disaster for both parties. Not only would it further mess up their situation, but it would also tarnish the memory of their lone national championship in the era of color television. Obviously I'm hopeful they will pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.