UF Announces Dan Mullen as HC $36 Million over 6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Look we have a ton of rebuilding to do.. The UAA has to get off there butts and get the facilities upgraded. That is going to take several years. Hang on it going to be a bumpy long ride...

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Well, let's do it now that we have the worlds greatest coach EVAH! Schedule predictions and scores!

2018 Florida Football Schedule
  • September 1 – Charleston Southern (Gainesville, Fla.) WIN! 100 - 0
  • September 8 – Kentucky (Gainesville, Fla.) WIN! 45 - 0
  • September 15 – Colorado State (Gainesville, Fla.) WIN! 70 - 0
  • September 22 – at Tennessee (Knoxville, Tenn.) WIN! 60 - 0
  • September 29 – at Mississippi State (Starkville, Miss.) WIN! 40 - 0 [Danny shows some feelings toward his ol' bosses]
  • October 6 - LSU (Gainesville, Fla.) WIN! 60 - 0
  • October 13 - at Vanderbilt (Nashville, Tenn.) WIN! 50 - 0
  • October 20 - Bye
  • October 27 - vs. Georgia (Jacksonville, Fla.) WIN! 90 - 0 Eat it Kirby!
  • November 3 - Missouri (Gainesville, Fla.) WIN! 80 - 0
  • November 10 - South Carolina (Gainesville, Fla.) WIN! 70 - 0
  • November 17 - Idaho (Gainesville, Fla.) WIN! 100 - 0
  • November 24 - at Florida State (Tallahassee, Fla.) WIN! 70 - 0
12 - 0!
  • December 1 - SEC Championship (Atlanta, Ga.) WIN [As long as it's not Alabama or Auburn] 50 - 0
  • Jan. 8 - NC - WIN! 40 - 0 [as long as it's not Alabama or Auburn]
National Champs!

PUMPERS UNITE!

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Look we have a ton of rebuilding to do.. The UAA has to get off there butts and get the facilities upgraded. That is going to take several years. Hang on it going to be a bumpy long ride...

Facilities? Seriously, this isn't about facilities. This is about competence in coaching and beating teams you've never beat before as a head coach. [see Alabama & Southern Alabama]

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Let me go on record today that I disagree with this hire....strongly disagree. DM wasn’t low on my list.....he wasn’t on it at all. Frost was my guy but I could have accepted Kelly. These were the two I thought could unite the fan base and rid us of the pumper/dumper concept. But of course...we get the guy who will bring out the dumper in even more fans.

However, I will continue to support the team....coaches and players. I will attend as many games as I can get to....and on the rare occasion I can’t get there will always watch them At home or in a bar. Will always root for them and never be done with them. It’s my team for better or worse.

Been gone for awhile but got back in time to get up to hog town on Friday....check into the Holiday Inn for 2 nights and head over to the Salty Dog with one son and a daughter and a buddy and had a ball. Again spent way too much money but had a great time and closed the joint. Got up Saturday morning and ate breakfast ....University Holiday Inn....finally has a real breakfast cafe and the breakfast was comped.....which considering the stay was $573 a night it was the least they could do. Then went Gator gear shopping as if we needed more sh*t but came away with a few new items that we won’t wear because we prefer our old faded sh*t. From there headed to The Social for a few cold ones to help set the mood and then to the Champions Club where they put out a nice spread of baked ziti which we filled up on before the game. Proceeded to watch that disaster but still yelled like maniacs and then headed back to the Social until freaking closing. Dragged our azzes out of bed this morning and hit Chueys on the way out of town as my daughter insisted we do so. Hit the road southbound and our normal 3 hour 45 min drive took 6hours without even a wreck....just ridiculous holiday traffic.

Summed up...the loss and the traffic were disasters. The weekend? Huge win. Family, party, game, bonding. We had a great time and that is what UF means to us. I can’t give it up....or give up on them. We’re ride or die.

I don’t like Mullen but I’m all in and hope like hell he is everything I thinks he’s not. He can start by saving our 2018 and 2019 recruiting classes.

Last edited:

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Facilities? Seriously, this isn't about facilities. This is about competence in coaching and beating teams you've never beat before as a head coach. [see Alabama & Southern Alabama]
You think the facilities had nothing to do with it? Facilities help coaches get recruits.. Makes their job easier. Hot yong or established coach has a choice between crappy facilities and state of the art.... come on man.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let me go on record today that I disagree with this hire....strongly disagree. DM wasn’t low on my list.....he wasn’t on it at all. Frost was my guy but I could have accepted Kelly. These were the two I thought could unite the fan base and rid us of the pumper/dumper concept. But of course...we get the guy who will bring out the dumper in even more fans.

I take it you just crawled out from beneath a rock.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let me go on record today that I disagree with this hire....strongly disagree.

I haven't been to your thread yet which I am sure you are calling us all names but thank you for your honesty.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Well, when I heard the news I was kinda WTF! Bullshyt! Better check BSPN. After it sunk in I realized that I didn't want Tagger and Strong. Frost is in the Cornhusker bag, and Norvell is staying put or going Arky. What's even more funny is that UToothless is an abortion of a mess and they are all jumping off the ledge. We could have it a lot worse. I will only back Mullen because he is a Gator. He did play a big part in our success when Coach Prevacid was here. Lets hope he's learned something and knows you'll never win shyt at Cowbell. At this point he's probably better than Mustank, damn sure better than Butters, and this means that Pussmeier is gone. Not what I wanted at all, but I am relieved that its over. I think other team out there like slUT and Arky are in for a tough road. Hang in there my Gator Brothers and Sisters. We have butters gone, so lets see what happens. FINGERS CROSSED.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanted to say kudos to Tennessee for running shciano before he got there. For the first time ever, i envy thise basterds.

OBG

Lifetime Member
Nov 14, 2017
There was a thread here a few weeks ago where she was interviewed for local radio in Mississippi and inferred that UF fans are such awful horrible scourge of the Earth that she had to literally drive ALL THE WAY to Orlando just do her grocery shopping to get away so she wouldn't be heckled or hear about losing a game.

I'm indifferent on the hire, but don't let the fact that she worked for the Golf Channel in Orlando and had to drive ALL THE WAY there just for groceries.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah Tim only threw for over 9,000 yards 88 TD to 16 INT during his career at UF. In the 2 years starting with Mullen he threw 32 and 30 TD and dropped to 21 as a SR after Mullen left. But yeah we never threw the ball
2007 was a pretty good year passing but we went away from that for some reason and that didnt change when he went to cowbell (not Meyer's influence).

Most of his "passing" were "shuttle passes" (just a forward pitch) on triple options and 3 yard underneath routes that Percy used to snap ankles and take to the house.

Btw, guys, all of our receivers got the "cant run routes" ratings by NFL scouts, not that it will matter in this offense.

MooseSmack

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm indifferent on the hire, but don't let the fact that she worked for the Golf Channel in Orlando and had to drive ALL THE WAY there just for groceries.

Frankly I don't give a crap how she feels as long STFU

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I just wanted to say kudos to Tennessee for running shciano before he got there. For the first time ever, i envy thise basterds.
If only our UAA had the balls.

TheGatorsRGreat

Banned
BANNED
Nov 13, 2017
Hard for me to really get excited about Mullen, but I don't get all the b1tch-tastic whining in here. What did everyboody expect? Everybody wants to fire the coach at the first sign of trouble, and this is what you get. Don't believe it, look around at TN and elsewhere.

Chip Kelly would have been great, but realistically he wasn't coming here (not withstanding the fake news and fake sources posted on this site). Scott Frost is probably a 1 in 3 chance coming here at best (Stay at UCF, Go to Nebraska, Come to UF). Beyond that your next two logical choices are Mullen and Strong. I'd almost have preferred Strong, as we know he can recruit FL, he turned around Louisville and USF. I tend to think he was out of his element at TX. But obviously he wouldn't have been a risk free hire.

Mullen has made MSU competitive, he had productive offenses when he was here, so he isn't a bad pick. I'm surprised he came given his wife's thoughts, but at least we know who wears the pants in the family.

I'm willing to give the guy a shot. At least we aren't f'n TN.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
2007 was a pretty good year passing but we went away from that for some reason and that didnt change when he went to cowbell (not Meyer's influence).

Most of his "passing" were "shuttle passes" (just a forward pitch) on triple options and 3 yard underneath routes that Percy used to snap ankles and take to the house.

Btw, guys, all of our receivers got the "cant run routes" ratings by NFL scouts, not that it will matter in this offense.

You don't suppose that was due to a stable full of 4.3 backs and a bulldozing offensive line.

ccsdk

True Gator
Nov 12, 2017
Lets see if he can salvage the top 5 recruiting haul we once had. That would be a good start. Spring ball is the next test. Summer conditioning and then fall camp. If he does the right things here we should see a turn around, assuming he has the right QB. It will be clar very soon if he begins to earn 7 million dollars. That is a lot of money!

PaulDrake

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
You think the facilities had nothing to do with it? Facilities help coaches get recruits.. Makes their job easier. Hot yong or established coach has a choice between crappy facilities and state of the art.... come on man.

LOL! $7 Million man. SEVEN. I would coach out of a shack for that much loot.....

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Funny the feeling is mutual on their side. They would have Mullen in a heartbeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator