Decommits coming?

DeltaGlamma

Born a Gator
Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2014
There is really only a very small, vwry vocal segment of the population who thinks Taggart is good.

I will say this, Mullins wanted this job very much, he always has. You could see it in his expressions every time we hired and took someone else. He was bitter about it. Maybe they will drive him.

He also COULD have really punked us, demanded 7 or 8 mil knowing we were over a barrel.

Maybe he can pull it off again, winning with solid D and ST, and just enough O. Hevesy and Billy G are solid assistants who know how to get it done. Hopefully we can get the recruiting going bc this roster is ugly right now.

OMG, I am shocked at a semi positive message from donk....maybe there is hope after all.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
What’s our “decommit to pages” ratio at? Does it factor in recruits showing interest or no? I’m confused...

NetEngGator

Nov 5, 2017
There is really only a very small, vwry vocal segment of the population who thinks Taggart is good.

I will say this, Mullins wanted this job very much, he always has. You could see it in his expressions every time we hired and took someone else. He was bitter about it. Maybe they will drive him.

He also COULD have really punked us, demanded 7 or 8 mil knowing we were over a barrel.

Maybe he can pull it off again, winning with solid D and ST, and just enough O. Hevesy and Billy G are solid assistants who know how to get it done. Hopefully we can get the recruiting going bc this roster is ugly right now.

zE6qR_s-200x150.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
@SECCountryUF: Florida loses commitment from 4-star prospect due to coaching changes http://sec.news/2ArbZAW #GatorNation

I'm not usually a WDWHA guy, but his "Oh I'm gone!" comment about the possibility of Shannon not being retained tells me a lot about him. Not interested in a kid who thinks he makes all the rules, and isn't even willing to give UF a chance to hire a new DC to replace the old.

I'll also add this. When Richt was fired at uga, he was very clear with Eason and his family that he should stick with his uga commitment--even after he was hired at um. That's class. For all the "class guy" talk I've heard regarding Shannnon and how much he values UF, you'd think he could do a little of the same reasoning with these kids, but I guess not.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You can't wish for a coach to be fired and at the same time be shocked when players decommit. I am honestly happy that we haven't seen more at this point and Mullen and team have been brought on with enough time to hopefully land us a solid Top 10 class. That would be impressive during a transition.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I'm not usually a WDWHA guy, but his "Oh I'm gone!" comment about the possibility of Shannon not being retained tells me a lot about him. Not interested in a kid who thinks he makes all the rules, and isn't even willing to give UF a chance to hire a new DC to replace the old.

I'll also add this. When Richt was fired at uga, he was very clear with Eason and his family that he should stick with his uga commitment--even after he was hired at um. That's class. For all the "class guy" talk I've heard regarding Shannnon and how much he values UF, you'd think he could do a little of the same reasoning with these kids, but I guess not.
Good luck to this kid. Hope he has a good career at Jacksonville State after whatever trouble he gets in due to his self-importance, I'm-bullet-proof, you-need-me-more-than-I-need-you attitude.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Maybe Mullen visited him and told him if he didn't like the new DC he should leave.... ?

But I am very nervous about his ability to recruit.

ncargat1

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member

You are making a ton of assumptions. We have no idea what Shannon said to this kid. But, kids have every right to change their mind based on the coaches. Once they sign, they lose that freedom, so I have no problem in what Divaad did here. This is no different than us just flipping a UCLA commit, possibly because of their coaching change.

The shame of it is, he is a pretty good corner back prospect, and we are very short on true corner backs. We basically have Marco, who had a decent freshman season and then.....not much. Mullen and Co and going to have to move quickly to find a good replacement for him in this class because the corners have to be better than just "decent" for as often as Grantham will leave them on an island.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Divaad Wilson loves Chump. I think he’ll be a gamecock when said and done.
He is actually a 3 star....just sit back and see what Mullen brings in, we wont miss this kid one bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.