Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Hilinski kid committed to Muschamp is the #2 pro-style QB on the board....and from the west coast. Why TF would he want to play in that 100th ranked offense? I don't get it.

The chicks are pretty darn hot in South Carolina. Just sayin'.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GC podcast suggests Mullen did not realize just how damaged the UF brand is at this time, hence the suggestion in an earlier post that he and the staff are just expecting kids to want to come here..
Yeah, but not so damaged that Butters' recruiting luck improved greatly the second he hired Jujuan Seider, and Shyttersfull did fine during the early signing until he fired him.

A great recruiter or two can fix this. He needs to get it done and fire the ones who cant bring home the groceries.

Im tired of waiting til the next HBC is hired. We need to break the damn bank if necessary to give him an elite staff to overcome his warts. It is cheaper than empty stadiums and buyouts.

The brand is damaged, but this staff appears just as damaged as the last one.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Yeah, but not so damaged that Butters' recruiting luck improved greatly the second he hired Jujuan Seider, and Shyttersfull did fine during the early signing until he fired him.

A great recruiter or two can fix this. He needs to get it done and fire the ones who cant bring home the groceries.

Im tired of waiting til the next HBC is hired. We need to break the damn bank if necessary to give him an elite staff to overcome his warts. It is cheaper than empty stadiums and buyouts.

The brand is damaged, but this staff appears just as damaged as the last one.

+1. It plays into what Miss St fans said where Mullen expects players to come to him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Pump the brakes on the podcast. It was those two knuckleheads at Gatorcountry. They make excuses for everything and the "he didn't realize the brand was so broken" must be their company line over there.

Mullen is not a retard and - regardless of what some on here think - is a solid coach. Sure, he could have done a little better for all of our liking at Miss State, but he also did a little better than I think most pundits thought he would do. He also stuck around there a lot longer than expected - most thought he'd bolt for the first "better" job offered, and he was offered several ACC jobs including NC State and UVA; he was also in on several B10 jobs (he's from that part of the country). He stuck around there and left Miss State in great shape.

If you think he doesn't talk to Urban or hasn't visited Saban and other schools for insight you're just hard headed. He literally just got back a month ago from touring Clemson's facilities (and he was just on USC's campus two weeks ago). He's made an offer to every 5-star recruit that will listen, unlike Butters, and unlike Muschamp (at least the offensive recruits). The brand is broken as hell. But I agree w/ everyone....it's an excuse. And so far, has he (Mullen) himself used it as an excuse? All I see is him recruiting his ass off, holding camps every weekend he's allowed, going to other schools camps, doing way more booster club events than anyone since Spurrier, etc. He's just not landing the big fish......yet.

He hasn't coached a single game. So I'm going to sit back and see what happens. If we find a QB we should see some serious improvement. We have enough blue-chip talent on the roster to compete w/ most of teams on our schedule. I'm optimistic, but - like most of you all - I'm also very, very concerned about recruiting.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Well, we made the top 3 for K. Jones (if we don't land him we may not get another 4-star in the class):

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
LB recruit Jesiah Pierre to commit on July 1st. He's 100% CB'd to UF:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
- most thought he'd bolt for the first "better" job offered, and he was offered several ACC jobs including NC State and UVA; he was also in on several B10 jobs (he's from that part of the country)..
:lmao2:

You cant possibly believe that shyt.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
:lmao2:

You cant possibly believe that shyt.

You were specifically who I was talking about when I said, "regardless of what some on here think". The guy had MSU ranked #1 in the polls and got no job offers....okay, Law. You can believe that.....

:drunk2:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He got no offers for the same reason he was Tinerc's #7 choice, he is an azzhole, cant recruit and is at best a mediocre coach.

No one is looking for a coach w a losing conference record.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
LB recruit Jesiah Pierre to commit on July 1st. He's 100% CB'd to UF:

Be nice to flip a top FLA 100 guy away from scUM.....

We need to hope that somehow, someway, even though we're stacked at RB, that we pull Sanders. We need a 5 star tent pole recruit for the class.

I knew we weren't completely dead in the water with Keiondre. OL class starts looking very good with him in it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Krull is officially in:

Krull moved onto Florida’s campus on Tuesday, and will begin classes during Summer B session on Monday. Krull is a redshirt sophomore and will be available to play for the Gators this coming fall.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.