Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
So who’s the “practice” QB?

Practice qb and practice squad are not necessarily the same. During the season, Cody Kessler will be the jags practice qb. He’ll also be the backup to Bortles since most teams only carry 2 qbs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This may be one of the dumber things said on this board. He's in his 3rd year with the bengals. He's the backup QB and playing very well. So well, he earned reps with the ones against Dallas. I imagine he will eventually get his shot as a starter if he keeps progressing as fast as he has. He was terrible at UF. It seems clear now that wasn't on Driskel. It was in MusChump and his awful coaching staff.

He played like crap for SF and they cut him. The only reasoning the Bengals could have had for picking him up was his physical attributes. He hasn't shown anything to suggest he could perform at anything more than a mediocre level at QB in this league. He is basically staying on an NFL roster the same way he did at UF and yes some players get a few years in the NFL even when they didn't earn it with their actual playing skills due to physical attributes and teams hoping the light comes on for them eventually.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Practice qb and practice squad are not necessarily the same. During the season, Cody Kessler will be the jags practice qb. He’ll also be the backup to Bortles since most teams only carry 2 qbs.
Youre talking out your azz. The #2 QB does NOT play on the practice squad. The #2 Qb plays with the team and learns only the team's playbook. He takes reps versus the practice squad defense who plays the next oppoent's defese.

The practice squad QB learns the OTHER team's playbook and runs the other team's plays versus the Bengals #1 defense. That is what Dipshyt does.

Last edited:

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
We all know that Jeff had far less than a stellar career at UF. He took the verbal abuse like a man and never caused any problems. By all accounts he is a decent young man.

As a former Gator he deserves respect. I would hope that there are others who feel as I do and is hoping that he continues to improve and realize his dreams. What a great story it would be for him to find his way to an NFL field! At this point it does not matter to me what happened in the past....just rooting hard for this kid to find success.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Youre talking out your azz. The #2 QB does NOT play on the practice squad. The #2 Qb plays with the team and learns only the team's playbook. He takes reps versus the practice squad defense who plays the next oppoent's defese.

The practice squad QB learns the OTHER team's playbook and runs the other team's plays versus the Bengals #1 defense. That is what Dipshyt does.

Child please! Stop posting drunk. Sober up. Come back later.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
We all know that Jeff had far less than a stellar career at UF. He took the verbal abuse like a man and never caused any problems. By all accounts he is a decent young man.

As a former Gator he deserves respect. I would hope that there are others who feel as I do and is hoping that he continues to improve and realize his dreams. What a great story it would be for him to find his way to an NFL field! At this point it does not matter to me what happened in the past....just rooting hard for this kid to find success.
I agree, but since he earned a UF degree, I regard him as a Gator until he says he isn't.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
Even then he was getting rolled until FSU lineman realized they weren't going to get called for holding in the second half of that championship game.

Auburn D let up for some reason in the second half. Maddening

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018

So Driskel is the practice QB?

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would pay pretty good money to see our local internet-tough-guy(s) in the same room with people they've mocked from behind their keyboard. It would be really priceless seeing him... er, them squirm.

If they were half as smart as they purport, they would treat people with respect, or at least some decency.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I would pay pretty good money to see our local internet-tough-guy(s) in the same room with people they've mocked from behind their keyboard. It would be really priceless seeing him... er, them squirm.

If they were half as smart as they purport, they would treat people with respect, or at least some decency.
Interesting thought. Which matchups would you want to see, why, and who wins?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Alright azzholes...I come to this thread for recruiting news, so keep all the other BS elsewhere!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We dont actually have any recruiting going on, bro. We've had two commitments in the last four months.

Just wait til September though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.