Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone remember, back in the day, when this used to be the recruiting thread? Good times.....

True, each time I check here I am hoping to see posts about mighty fine new commits. Perhaps a
monumental win Saturday will release a logjam of new commits for us. Wait to see.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@GatorDave_SEC: #Gators QB commit Jalon Jones @j4ymyles so far tonight with a 72 yard TD run, 60 yard TD pass, and a 30 yard TD pass as Henrico leads 34-0.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How is he only a borderline 4 star? Dude is legit.

He didn't do the camps. Plain and simple. If he had attended all the camps he'd be a top 100, like EJ was. The one camp he went to he killed it....and he measured 6'4 203lbs. Most of the services still had him listed as 6'2 180 before that camp. There's a linked article.....somewhere in this thread....about his parents, his dad was a football star and his mom was an Olympian. His sister is a starter at UNC woman's basketball. The joke is he's the least gifted athlete in the family (so far). He's going to kill it under Mullen....we just need some talent to go along with him.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He didn't do the camps. Plain and simple. If he had attended all the camps he'd be a top 100, like EJ was. The one camp he went to he killed it....and he measured 6'4 203lbs. Most of the services still had him listed as 6'2 180 before that camp. There's a linked article.....somewhere in this thread....about his parents, his dad was a football star and his mom was an Olympian. His sister is a starter at UNC woman's basketball. The joke is he's the least gifted athlete in the family (so far). He's going to kill it under Mullen....we just need some talent to go along with him.
I hate how that works. Seems like some of these guys get rewarded for attending camps that are likely sponsored by these very same recruiting services. Makes it hard to figure out how talented some of these guys truly are. That said, I’m surprised he didn’t go to some more - doesn’t seem like the kind of kid who’s struggling for money.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I hate how that works. Seems like some of these guys get rewarded for attending camps that are likely sponsored by these very same recruiting services. Makes it hard to figure out how talented some of these guys truly are. That said, I’m surprised he didn’t go to some more - doesn’t seem like the kind of kid who’s struggling for money.

Sometimes it is as simple as parents who see the benefit of a child having a childhood. Sports or recruiting camps are not what every family thinks is best for their children.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Sometimes it is as simple as parents who see the benefit of a child having a childhood. Sports or recruiting camps are not what every family thinks is best for their children.
That’s a really good point that probably gets lost far too often. Nicely said.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My prediction is Emory will transfer at some point because of Jalon.

Emory will start the next 2-3 years. That would make JJ a starter as either a redshirt frosh or soph. Which is about the right schedule.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Emory will start the next 2-3 years. That would make JJ a starter as either a redshirt frosh or soph. Which is about the right schedule.

If Jalon is as good as most of us think he will be, then I’m thinking he’ll be pushing Emory hard long before that. Just hoping we can keep both and they can coexist on the same team. Understand that they’ll be a point that both will expect to start, I just want some decent QB depth for a change.

leogator

May 5, 2018
He caught passes at 1:00, 1:13, 1:40, 1:53, 3:00, 4:05, 5:22, 5:30. Due to his very small size, he probably could not get off the line against bigger defensive backs if he lined up as a traditional WR. I'd jam him like crazy. So him coming out of the backfield against LBs is the right way to use him since he could get a good head of steam before catching the ball without interference. He was not used like Harvin because he was not Harvin. He was caught from behind too many times to be like Harvin.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jalon's stats from game 1:

Jalon Jones, Henrico: 12 of 17 passing, 211 yards, 2 TDs, INT; 2 carries, 102 yards, 2 TDs in 68-0 win over Hermitage

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014

It probably helped that he had the attention of UF and other big schools. If he was comfortable with those offers, maybe he didn’t worry about the rankings. I like competitors, but there’s something to be said about a kid who doesn’t get wrapped up in the stuff that’s really just about vanity and ego. He might be that consummate team player and leader who will elevate UF’s program back to where we used to be.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Jalon is as good as most of us think he will be, then I’m thinking he’ll be pushing Emory hard long before that. Just hoping we can keep both and they can coexist on the same team. Understand that they’ll be a point that both will expect to start, I just want some decent QB depth for a change.

Emory was the top DTQB for about half the cycle. He’s no slouch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.