1st Atlanta Pop Festival-1969

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was 17 going on 27. I drove up to Hampton Ga from Jax with a friend. I had never seen or been a part of anything like this before. July 4th weekend, surrounded by over 100,000 of my closest friends.
69%20ATLANTA.jpg
The 1969 Atlanta Pop Festival set the standard for large-scale festival events. Prior to Atlanta, most “festivals” were not much more than concerts held at fairgrounds that ended at midnight. Atlanta was the first where the festival goer could eat, sleep and listen to music for two days without getting off of their blanket. The artwork used for the 1969 Atlanta Pop Festival Lithograph is from the original Version 2.

Here's a link to a site that was posted in 2007 that has photographs taken of the performers and people in the crowd.
http://phillipraulsphotolog.blogspot.com/2007/09/the-atlanta-pop-festival-photo-memories.html

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was 17 going on 27. I drove up to Hampton Ga from Jax with a friend. I had never seen or been a part of anything like this before. July 4th weekend, surrounded by over 100,000 of my closest friends.
69%20ATLANTA.jpg
The 1969 Atlanta Pop Festival set the standard for large-scale festival events. Prior to Atlanta, most “festivals” were not much more than concerts held at fairgrounds that ended at midnight. Atlanta was the first where the festival goer could eat, sleep and listen to music for two days without getting off of their blanket. The artwork used for the 1969 Atlanta Pop Festival Lithograph is from the original Version 2.

Here's a link to a site that was posted in 2007 that has photographs taken of the performers and people in the crowd.
http://phillipraulsphotolog.blogspot.com/2007/09/the-atlanta-pop-festival-photo-memories.html
I was born 10 years too late to enjoy the 60s (I was only 5 when that festival happened); I still love the 60s music and all the other stuff that went with it. :bandit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator