1st Crewed Launches on the schedule for this year.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So as I said it looks like we will get the first* (since the Shuttle) astronauts in space from American soil this year.
Both Boeing and SpaceX have put flights on the schedule at Cape Canaveral.

Oct 6: Boeing will launch an uncrewed test flight of the Starliner Crew Capsule which will dock with the ISS to simulate a crewed mission.

Nov 11: SpaceX will launch an in-flight abort test with an uncrewed Dragon Capsule. This should be pretty cool since the Falcon 9 will be blown up as part of the test.

Dec 17: SpaceX will get the glory as they will be the first* when they launch two astronauts to the ISS

Dec 30: Boeing will launch two men and a woman I assume that also will be docking with the ISS.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why blowup the Falcon 9?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Why blowup the Falcon 9?
Cuz it will look cool.
But it's a good question. First it's an abort test. One of the things that are looked at in an abort test is if the crew capsule can clear the area in the event of the rocket blowing up. So imagine that is part of it. Also, I doubt they'd use a new Falcon 9. They'll prolly use one that has already flown. They seem to be retiring them at around 4 launches but I'll look up some info.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Hmm. Don't know what that is. I don't see it here:
Latest Contract Releases
Could be payment for services rendered.

Regarding Launches coming up:
Oct 17th Starlink L1 SpaceX Falcon 9
Nov 4th Starlink L2 SpaceX Falcon 9
Starlink, if we haven't discussed it, is Elon's attempt at a global satellite network for internet - if it works he can fund Starship.
Nov 11th Customer Satellite SpaceX Falcon 9
Nov ? Starliner OFT ULA Atlas N22 - Uncrewed test flight of the Boeing's crew capsule
Nov ? SpaceX Dragon Crew Capsule Abort test
Dec 4 SpaceX resupply mission to ISS
Dec ? SpaceX Falcon 9 launches a customer satellite
Jan ? Starlink L3 SpaceX Falcon 9
Jan ? Starliner Crewed test flight - looks like Boeing will be the first* to launch astronauts to space
Jan ? SpaceX Demo 2 - SpaceX will follow up with crewed mission.

So as it stands right now Boeing will win the race.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Just checking the schedule The launch of SLS Artemis 1 is scheduled for January 2021. SLS is the rocket that will get NASA to the moon. It uses Shuttle boosters and Shuttle engines. SLS1 is slated for a three week journey around the moon - Uncrewed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.