Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Just in case you had forgotten.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn't he 3 - 9 vs ranked opponents? That 3rd victory against ranked opponents got him a raise and contract extension. :bwahaha:

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Post season doesnt count Ive heard around here and they didnt finish the season ranked anyway.
Fair enough... not going to argue as I want Chip Kelly to coach my Alma Mater and the faster that occurs, the better.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
Just in case you had forgotten.

As you know, 6-5, 6-6, 7-5 and 7-5 can be followed by 9-2 and the SEC title, if you just get a guy who can coach. I am not sure the program is more broken that the last time UF went into the copy UAL mode. I do know the fix is not a multi-year things, the fix is getting a head coach with a vision.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Seriously, all kidding aside. How does he address this team? What does he say? "I'll fix it" or "You need to play harder"??

The easiest fix is to get rid of Nussmeir, but that should have been done in January. It's not unheard of for an OC to get fired mid-season. But who on this staff can call plays? We have a bunch of scrub coaches, seriously. They're all young, up-and-coming coaches w/ no OC experience. Bringing in Spurrier is a pipe dream. WTF does he do going forward? We'll win Saturday, but I would not be shocked to see us struggle and have multiple head scatching plays, series, events in that game on the O side of the ball.

This thing is ugly. Go read the Frank Frangie article on Gridiron.com, it's spot on about the play calling.

McElwain has become a national joke....and so has our program. With the extension he got this offseason....plus all the 2-year, 3-year contracts we gave to the assistants I doubt anyone gets fired except Nussmeir. However, if I was an outside OC I'd demand at least one of my own buddies come w/ me (to coach WR's, RB's, TE's or OL)....which makes Nord an easy fire as well. This thing is so out of control. There's talent on this team. It's inexcusable what we're watching.

Anyone who thinks McElwain is still "the man" are the same people who clung to Muschamp til the bitter end.

And it's going to be really ugly when South Carolina trucks us this year....

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously, all kidding aside. How does he address this team? What does he say? "I'll fix it" or "You need to play harder"??

The easiest fix is to get rid of Nussmeir, but that should have been done in January. It's not unheard of for an OC to get fired mid-season. But who on this staff can call plays? We have a bunch of scrub coaches, seriously. They're all young, up-and-coming coaches w/ no OC experience. Bringing in Spurrier is a pipe dream. WTF does he do going forward? We'll win Saturday, but I would not be shocked to see us struggle and have multiple head scatching plays, series, events in that game on the O side of the ball.

This thing is ugly. Go read the Frank Frangie article on Gridiron.com, it's spot on about the play calling.

McElwain has become a national joke....and so has our program. With the extension he got this offseason....plus all the 2-year, 3-year contracts we gave to the assistants I doubt anyone gets fired except Nussmeir. However, if I was an outside OC I'd demand at least one of my own buddies come w/ me (to coach WR's, RB's, TE's or OL)....which makes Nord an easy fire as well. This thing is so out of control. There's talent on this team. It's inexcusable what we're watching.

Anyone who thinks McElwain is still "the man" are the same people who clung to Muschamp til the bitter end.

And it's going to be really ugly when South Carolina trucks us this year....

Didn't Kansas State fire their coach and put Bill Snyder in as the interim?

I'd say either put in Steve as interim and have him lead the search for the new coach - or put in Skipper as interim - and still have Steve lead the search for a new coach.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Didn't Kansas State fire their coach and put Bill Snyder in as the interim?

I'd say either put in Steve as interim and have him lead the search for the new coach - or put in Skipper as interim - and still have Steve lead the search for a new coach.

Agree that Spurrier should be involved if there's some type of "national search", but honestly I don't think McElwain gets canned. I was saying it would be a "pipe dream" to have Spurrier come in THIS year and take over play calling....I wasn't suggesting taking over as interim head coach, as I don't think the admin would fire McElwain during the season....or even after the season, unless we go 2-10 or something.

The easiest fix is to say that he lost control due to the debit card thing.....and say that it was his fault and fire him "for cause". He'd sue, but we could probably get out of some of the buyout.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The fact that he gave his buddy Nuss a golden parachute was a travesty. He's stealing money from the coffers. Strick is looking like nothing more than Foley's hand puppet.

SMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator