#2 Gator Baseball vs #17 U Miami

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Early, but big weekend for Gator Baseball

Top 3 0-0

Leadoff triple in 2nd, cant get run in. I must say, we alway struggle to manufacture runs.

Lets go Boys

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Let's Go Gators!!
baseball-1.gif

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gators 1-0 top 5th

Last edited:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Faedo pitching a no hitter to this point?

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Bot 7
1-0 Gators. Faedo at 88 pitches, may be done

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Just got home from the game. Faedo was on fire. Minimized his pitches compared to last year. If not for Guthrie booting an easy grounder would have been complete game. Guthrie struggles more with routine balls than the tough ones. Agree Sully refuses to have guys bunt but that is Sully. Tonite man on 3rd no outs and could not score. Man on 3rd 1 out could not score. Those are not Sully's fault, but he needs to manufacture in other situations. JJ looked awful tonite. Pulling off the ball badly. But liked how Faedo allowed his defense to make plays for him instead of going deep into counts

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Just got home from the game. Faedo was on fire. Minimized his pitches compared to last year. If not for Guthrie booting an easy grounder would have been complete game. Guthrie struggles more with routine balls than the tough ones. Agree Sully refuses to have guys bunt but that is Sully. Tonite man on 3rd no outs and could not score. Man on 3rd 1 out could not score. Those are not Sully's fault, but he needs to manufacture in other situations. JJ looked awful tonite. Pulling off the ball badly. But liked how Faedo allowed his defense to make plays for him instead of going deep into counts

Is JJ trying to hit 500 ft bombs every swing like he did a lot last year? Don't get me wrong, he's a really good hitter and I'm glad we have him, I just think he could be even better.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Is JJ trying to hit 500 ft bombs every swing like he did a lot last year? Don't get me wrong, he's a really good hitter and I'm glad we have him, I just think he could be even better.

It appeared so last nite although he got caught looking once by being completely fooled on an Uncle Charlie. But lots of swings and misses pulling off the ball. I agree about him being even better. Last weekend he actually went the other way twice and that was great to see but last nite he looked exactly like last year when he was slumping mid season.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It appeared so last nite although he got caught looking once by being completely fooled on an Uncle Charlie. But lots of swings and misses pulling off the ball. I agree about him being even better. Last weekend he actually went the other way twice and that was great to see but last nite he looked exactly like last year when he was slumping mid season.

Figured as much. I'm sure it's due to the opponent and trying to do too much. He'll figure it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator