Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Readily admit I'm mid 30's and dont understand all this internet jive speak so please help if you know.

1. What in the heck is "MOM"? Please no jokes about my mom, i really dont understand what everybody means when they say it's MOM.

2. What is this "bye felicia" comment that people always post on espn articles talking about winston or fsu's collapse?

Help a guy out please. Thanks.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well, I'm way older than you and likely less computer literate, but at least I know what #1 is: Man on Moon, or in other words, 'that's yesterday's news, man'.
I've only seen the 'Bye Felicia' one once and that was just 5 minutes ago in the Gerald Willis thread; but using the powers of the internet (c'mon Durty, I know you can do it too), I googled it and this is what I found out: 'When someone says that they're leaving and you could really give two ****s less that they are. Their name then becomes "felicia", a random bitch that nobody is sad to see go. They're real name becomes irrelevant because nobody cares what it really is. Instead, they now are "felicia".'

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Felicia, and that scene, is the from the movie "Friday". She was their annoying neighbor who kept begging for crap, to get rid of her they would simply say that.

Great movie btw.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
in my defense, i did google MOM once... and as you can expect, it was hard to come up with anything other than mother related articles. after that i just didnt bother.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Is this the new Lounge thread where we ask any two questions?

What's for dinner?

What is the average air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;n146609 said:

What's for dinner? Meatloaf & veggies

What is the average air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? 24 mph

Those are easy - see above (in bold).

Oh, and I found this as well regarding question 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4 (which explains why you asked it).
Kewl.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
You need the full scene to appreciate that quick clip. The bridgemaster had several others thrown off for not being able to answer his questions prior to that. Movie worth watching if you haven't already.

GatorBart;n147366 said:
Who?

and

Why?

If not you, then who? (If not now, then when?)

Because I said so, and I am the adult here!

==============================

What's our projected record next year and the year following, right at this moment with no further information of/about/from our coaching staff and the dead period ongoing with recruits?

Ever wake up with a hangover, stumble over and stare at that face in the mirror thinking "I don't feel that pissed off" then realize you are staring at a UF poster with Will Muschamp on it?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TLB;146609 said:

What's for dinner?

What is the average air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

African or European?

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What year was the war of 1812?

Who's buried in Grant's tomb?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member