2012 UF Squad should have played for the MNC

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
4-5 years ago this would have been a big deal to me, but I couldn't care less now. It's probably a good thing it didn't happen or else Foley probably would've tried to give Muschamp a 5th year.

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The defense was incredible that year. IF we had an offense ranked anywhere in the top 30 (maybe even the top 50), we would have had an undefeated season and another national title. Muschamp was so damn stubborn. Just thinking back on his time in Gainesville makes me want to puke.

What a jackass.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I remember the La Lafayette coach being interviewed after the game about his decision to sit on the ball and ultimately punt, content to go into OT rather than trying to get into hail mary range. Paraphrasing, he said he never felt the urge to press things or got swept in the idea that he had a chance to knock of the University of Florida. Rather, he said he felt great about his chances in OT. It was one of the most embarrassing moments I could ever remember(at that time) as a Gator. Here WM has future NFL starters at QB, RB, TE x2, WR(Dunbar), Kicker, a solid OL, not to mention the defense...and he couldn't even strike fear into the heart of the coach of a directional opponent.

Rankings, technicalities or otherwise, we had no business being in that game.

Besides, uga already declared that 2012 season to be their 3rd "Almost National Championship" in 10 years('02 and '07). Feels like we'd be stepping on their toes.

F v c k uga

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb