2015 SEC Championship Odds

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I expect a rough season this year but big improvement in year 2.

Dec 10, 2014
MJMGator;n176919 said:
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning the SEC next season. We're either going to have walk-ons or undersized 18 year olds starting on our OL. We don't have a proven QB, our WRs are substandard and we just hired a guy for minimum wage to coach them up and we're an injury or two away from having DBs playing linebacker. Does that about sum it up, Law? :lol:

I sense some sarcasm ...

Looking at a three-year window, I think this year or year three is our best shot. It won't be next year.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n176976 said:
Yep it goes back a ways. I remember us beating Ole Miss I think in 07 then losing to them in 08 and I think Zook lost one to them also.
And we barely beat em in 07

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n176929 said:
2015 will be the learning year, 2016 will be the year we are in the SEC CG
I think this is our year if we're going to do it within the next 2.Even though it's a transition year and our o-line is thin,we have some talent at the position. But if you look at 2016 we could be losing some really good juniors and seniors on the d-line and secondary. Not to mention demarcus Robinson (if he has the year I think he could), we could lose our best play maker. I don't know how good our roster will look in 16.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Gator Fever;n177000 said:
Tennessee does worry me this season some. That QB of theirs looks like the real deal and they had a lot of young players get experience last season. I am glad we play them at home. Ole Miss unless they kept that transfer that got into a lot of trouble has some major issues at QB and its hard to say how they are likely to do this season.

"That transfer that got into a lot of trouble" is Chad Kelly the nephew of Jim Kelly, yes, that Jim Kelly who played for U. of Miami and became a Buffalo Bills Hall of Famer. Chad Kelly got thrown off Clemson and spent a year at East Mississippi Community College in Scooba. Supposedly reformed after his year in Scooba, Kelly signed with Ole Miss and right after that got in a bar fight with a bouncer in a Buffalo, New York night club. He sounds like the Marshall Henderson of football.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wild thinking … but let's not forget Malzahn's one-year turnaround at Auburn. Couldn't coach Mac pull a
65% Malzahn ?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n177431 said:
Wild thinking … but let's not forget Malzahn's one-year turnaround at Auburn. Couldn't coach Mac pull a
65% Malzahn ?
Afraid not with our OL issues. Hope I'm wrong, but this game is won in the trenches and we just don't have the big uglies to get it done yet.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is going to turn some heads with UF this year. Tall task to win the SEC but anything can happen. I would bet on year 2. Oh no, wait a minute....UToothless is going to win them both. Its the offseason so they are world beaters now.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Meh, it would be something else if we won it next year. Still might throw $10 or $20 down on those odds.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n177431 said:
65% Malzahn ?

I doubt it. I think a lot of that was due to teams not being used to defending an offense like that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Captain Sasquatch;n177645 said:
Meh, it would be something else if we won it next year. Still might throw $10 or $20 down on those odds.

That's kinda how I look at it also. It is CFB after all and over the last 5 or 6 years there always seems to be a couple of unexpected suprises, teams that come out of nowhere like Auburn,TAMU and Mizzou....Who honestly thought Mizzou would win the east 2 years straight. We've got some talented players and with a little luck who knows?

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
AlexDaGator;n176921 said:
2015, not 2016.

If it was 2016 I'd put money on it.

Alex.

^ This! I think we can win the East next year. My resoning is if the "experts" are picking bUTtchug then we have just as good as chance as anyone else. I just think we are about 2 years away.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really care what the odds makers think.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator