2016 Class/Remaining Targets

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm pretty sure that most of his family is in FL, and he was from here originally. I don't recall where I read that, but I'm pretty sure it was him.
Yes he is originally from Jacksonville and grew up watching UF...here is a little bit from an article back in April when he got the UF offer

Of those news options, one of those more recent offers came from Florida, a school that has long had his attention. A native of Jacksonville, Cleveland said that the Gators were the program he watched growing up and the offer was one he’s wanted through the entire recruiting cycle.

Now that he has it, he wants to go get a closer look now that he is older and has a new perspective.

“I have lots of interest in Florida. I have been watching them my whole life,” Cleveland said. “I like the pro style and the fact that they get guys to the NFL. And really, it is a championship program and I want to play for national championships.”

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland and Nixon are probably the only shot at landing another WR in this class

Dickerson is still listing fsu as his leader and Simpson will likely stay home with Clemson. Pridgeon might be the only shot at landing another OL

Burns still looking like we have a very real shot of landing him

Fulton looks like he is locked up to lsu now that we have no DB coach...just took his visit to LSU and they are now the leader

Still think we get Mack Wilson and Uche at LB and hold on to Taylor

Robinson i don't believe has taken any test yet or if he has recently won't receive his score back until after NSD so if he sticks in this class we won't know until after and he may not have a scholarship available.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland and Nixon are probably the only shot at landing another WR in this class

Dickerson is still listing fsu as his leader and Simpson will likely stay home with Clemson. Pridgeon might be the only shot at landing another OL

Burns still looking like we have a very real shot of landing him

Fulton looks like he is locked up to lsu now that we have no DB coach...just took his visit to LSU and they are now the leader

Still think we get Mack Wilson and Uche at LB and hold on to Taylor

Robinson i don't believe has taken any test yet or if he has recently won't receive his score back until after NSD so if he sticks in this class we won't know until after and he may not have a scholarship available.
Read (think it was Zach) recently that Simpson had a falling out with Clemson this fall. Sounds like he has a legitimate interest in UF, and he will not end up at Clemson unless it's his only good offer.

I wouldn't worry about Fulton too much. It sounds like a parents thing. If they are comfortable with the coaches at UF and don't mind him leaving the state, we are still in it. I believe we still get his last visit. So if his parents are excited about UF, I think he ends up here. If they are indifferent or worse he's LSU.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks for all the info on Cleveland. Sounds promising.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Mac visiting Nixon today!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida would like to land another wide receiver for its 2016 class, and Tre Nixon may now be the most likely option.

The four-star recruit from Viera (Fla.) will receive an in-home visit Wednesday from UF coach Jim McElwain and receivers coach Kerry Dixon II.

Tre Nixon is ranked the No. 10 receiver in the state of Florida.

Nixon visited UGA this past weekend and told SEC Country last month he would considertaking an official to Florida. He currently doesn’t have any other trips scheduled in January.

“I always had interest in Florida and still do,” Nixon said. “The next step would be for me to visit them again with my mom so she can meet coach McElwain and the rest of the staff.”

With Binjimen Victor committing to Ohio Stateand Nate Craig-Myers no longer considering UF, Nixon is the top uncommitted receiver target for the Gators.

They’ll host three wideouts on campus over the next two weeks, but all of them are committed elsewhere and could be tough to flip (Miami’s Sam Bruce, Houston’s Tyrie Cleveland and Auburn’s Eli Stove).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Wow MariGator ... your OP is better than what professional sports-writers produce.
Those info-facts & how presented gave me a really good feeling about the
"good-level" watching of Gator football for 2016. And all that is Mac's first
addition-edition of Gator FB.

Thanks again for your concerted effort to enhance us GC readers' experience.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Wow MariGator ... your OP is better than what professional sports-writers produce.
Those info-facts & how presented gave me a really good feeling about the
"good-level" watching of Gator football for 2016. And all that is Mac's first
addition-edition of Gator FB.

Thanks again for your concerted effort to enhance us GC readers' experience.
Thanks..i appreciate it!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac visiting Nixon today!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — Florida would like to land another wide receiver for its 2016 class, and Tre Nixon may now be the most likely option.

The four-star recruit from Viera (Fla.) will receive an in-home visit Wednesday from UF coach Jim McElwain and receivers coach Kerry Dixon II.

Tre Nixon is ranked the No. 10 receiver in the state of Florida.

Nixon visited UGA this past weekend and told SEC Country last month he would considertaking an official to Florida. He currently doesn’t have any other trips scheduled in January.

“I always had interest in Florida and still do,” Nixon said. “The next step would be for me to visit them again with my mom so she can meet coach McElwain and the rest of the staff.”

With Binjimen Victor committing to Ohio Stateand Nate Craig-Myers no longer considering UF, Nixon is the top uncommitted receiver target for the Gators.

They’ll host three wideouts on campus over the next two weeks, but all of them are committed elsewhere and could be tough to flip (Miami’s Sam Bruce, Houston’s Tyrie Cleveland and Auburn’s Eli Stove).

Hand timed at 4.38 in the 40. Kid has size and jets. Not great size. But we are in dire need of speed as well. Really good hands too.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
> PS> 19 likes and counting = well deserved.
Ox should set up a certain level of likes that get a poster into the "Payers' Saloon"
for free?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
One of the WRs just pulled out from visiting us. Not sure if it's Stove or Bruce.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Nice summary, thanks.

RB and K look like the only sure things in this class with all the other positions being made or broken on NSD.

I could be wrong but it looks like this could be a wasted QB class with just practice players and backups. With the 2 freshman and the transfer we are getting 3 bodies but not sure any of these guys are talented enough to be solid starters. Franks is highly rated but I have to say I have been underwhelmed with his film. Love his size and work ethic attitude but not sold on his arm, but what the hell do I know?

Kind of disappointed in the numbers and quality at O-line and LB which also happen to be the areas of greatest need. Hopefully we'll get some surprise flips to us on NSD.

Defensive line could be a real strength of this class as long as we don't lose either Clayton or Polite. I have a good feeling about Burns since it seem like he may come as a package deal with Eubanks since they seem to be close, and we don't have any other TE prospects. I was glad to see Eubanks doesn't have FSU in his list and Burns doesn't have Bama so we are the only school on both lists meaning if they do enroll together it makes UF the most likely destination. I guess Miami could be a long shot to keep both of them close to home.

DB is hopefully an example of strength in numbers. Lots of bodies, Gardner looks like the real deal, lots of the others are going to be wait and see how they develop.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland becomes a must get now. I had a feeling Stove was going to stay at Auburn anyway.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Cleveland becomes a must get now. I had a feeling Stove was going to stay at Auburn anyway.

Stove has been rumored to flip for about 6 months. Just like Bruce. I don't think either flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.