2016 College World Series

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are the favorites for the first time in our history. Vegas has us at 9-5.

Match ups/contenders (everyone is a contender because the favorite rarely wins). So here are the most likely contenders on paper...

Okie State, to me is the one team that is playing well enough to be called the next favorite, outside of UF. Their coach, Hollaway, is a great story. They are the best team in the Big 12, which happens to have 3 teams in the CWS. They pitched their way to a 1-0 victory against UCSB. Biggest threat, but we have to make the finals to see even them.

Miami has the bats. I like cow pokes better, but they are still a serious threat. Arizona is beating them 3-0 at the moment.

Texas Tech has a great coach and experienced line up at the plate. The rotation features three talented freshmen. This is a dangerous combo, and the most likely threat in our haff of the bracket.

TCU has been to Omaha three straight years after eliminating a talented aTm team for the second year in a row. The TCU vs Tex Tech round game tomorrow should be the best 1st round matchup.

Coastal Carolina is at a talent disadvantage, but they have the sluggers. However the ballpark favors pitching and defense, plus they will have to face Shore in game one. A great matchup of pitching vs power.

I'm glad we still get to enjoy watching our boys play this time of year. Go Gators!

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not overlook Coastal. They won't be intimidated and have quality pitching and play aggressive.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Let's not overlook Coastal. They won't be intimidated and have quality pitching and play aggressive.
I agree. I didn't elaborate past their deep ball threats. They are very well coached too. Also, the favorite hasn't won this tourney since '99. So we can't overlook anyone.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
LF, #29 is the scrappiest mofo I've seen in a long time....Marks? He will take every extra base and then some. His eyes look like he is on speed and will pop out of his head at any second or he will go Manson ....

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
I agree. I didn't elaborate past their deep ball threats. They are very well coached too. Also, the favorite hasn't won this tourney since '99. So we can't overlook anyone.

Especially don't overlook a team that took down LSU in Baton Rouge to reach Omaha. I bet Tiger fans were already planning where to eat and sleep in Omaha when they drew Coastal in their super regional.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Especially don't overlook a team that took down LSU in Baton Rouge to reach Omaha. I bet Tiger fans were already planning where to eat and sleep in Omaha when they drew Coastal in their super regional.
That possum is dead. Didnt we take them out in Hoover? FSU was probably the toughest matchup for any home super regional.

So far, pitching has beaten hitting in Omaha....again. The new park favors pitching, defense and small ball. I like our chances, but it's still a crapshoot.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is way more important for a Gator. I love the NBA playoffs, but it will be on the iPad.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No Bart, he retired after last season.

Why are you so curt to poor Bart ?…. now, you post an apology to Bart.

Coastal Carolina hit 94 HRs this season and then some in eliminating LSU.
Gators hit … like 52 HRs. Hope that far-fence negates CCU's slugging.

Last edited:

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why are you so curt to poor Bart ?…. now, you post an apology to Bart.

Coastal Carolina hit 94 HRs this season and then some in eliminating LSU.
Gators hit … like 52 HRs. Hope that far-fence negates their slugging.
The fence is one thing, but the Chanticleers didn't face SEC pitching all season.
:exactly:

It's like Faedo's run support vs Puk's. Faedo's faced off against the opposition's #3 all year. We were naturally going to score more runs.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Gren has the right idea. Not saying nbaloveovergatorlovejay26 can't watch both but at least I know where my true loyalties are.
Just sayin'...

I'll have the Gator game on the TV and NBA on the iPad. NBA sucks for the most part, but this Game 7 is an intriguing one.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As expected, great game going on in the other half of our bracket.
2-2 bottom of the 8th

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.