2016 College World Series

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Another year, another dead dream in Omaha. Again Im a fan of Sully, but until he changes his approach with leadoff runners on, this will happen every year. People who say the skipper has little affect on outcome just dont know baseball..

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
It's odd how Sully micromanages pitchers (visits the mound 3 times an inning it seems) yet our hitters flail away and continue to go up to bat with terrible approaches.

Need to change some approaches boys.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
How about we bust it wide open here in the bottom of the eighth! Who's with me??!?!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Another year, another dead dream in Omaha. Again Im a fan of Sully, but until he changes his approach with leadoff runners on, this will happen every year. People who say the skipper has little affect on outcome just dont know baseball..
If you look at analytics and metrics, bunting the runner up to 2nd doesn't actually increase your odds of scoring.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I just don't know much about baseball, but with the poor offense, should Sully be looking to upgrade the batting coach?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I just don't know much about baseball, but with the poor offense, should Sully be looking to upgrade the batting coach?
They scored 6 runs/game this year and went cold in Omaha. It's inexplicable other than they've faced a couple of really good pitchers. If you had told me our guys would only give up 4 total runs the first two games, I'd think we were playing to get into the championship series.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Got a bunch of tight buttholes again. Time to bring in a sports psychologist...

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014

Probably. That pitch Scwartz swung at and hit into the double play a few innings ago looked well outside the strike zone. Not sure why he reached so badly for it. Hell, taking a called 3rd strike for the second out was a better alternative than the double play. I wonder if the coaches ever thought about telling him to make the pitcher throw a strike over the plate before you think of swinging the bat on that payoff pitch.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Done with this game.

Hitting is pathetic. Batters swing away at any old crap. It's no wonder our pitchers are always 30-40 pitches up on the opposition by the 6th or 7th. Teams actually work the pitcher and look for something good. This team just swings at any random crap thrown up there.

Drastic changes are needs IMO.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Something about this park changes our hitters approaches. I'm thinking it's something like this:

"These dimensions are HUGE, this mean I have to swing extra hard to hit it out of the park!"

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only guy that did his job today was Faedo. The rest of the guys show no heart, fire or emotion. It's as if they are playing an exhibition game for god's sake. Maldonado is pretty much useless. No wheels or range in the outfield. Modest stick and eye at the plate. Obviously it was a mistake pitching to their best player with 2 down and a man on third.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.