2017 College Football Power Index

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're projected to finish 8-4 and only have an 8% chance to win the SEC :headslap:

We have a 4 lost coach, with multiple loses to the NFL... Until McElwain is replaced or he proves other wise we are a 4 loss team.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we'll hire Molly Hatchet to play the Gator Growl so we can beat the odds again.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We have a 4 lost coach, with multiple loses to the NFL... Until McElwain is replaced or he proves other wise we are a 4 loss team.
I think we'll lose about 5 or 6 this upcoming season because We'll be starting a RS Freshman QB and we'll also have the least talented defense we've seen at UF in yrs!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we'll lose about 5 or 6 this upcoming season because We'll be starting a RS Freshman QB and we'll also have the least talented defense we've seen at UF in yrs!

I wouldn't be shocked.... this will be the first time 60% of our roster will be McElwain's. This is a huge year for him to show what he is building, and the only saving grace is the East is still bad.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I wouldn't be shocked.... this will be the first time 60% of our roster will be McElwain's. This is a huge year for him to show what he is building, and the only saving grace is the East is still bad.

I think starters is higher % wise than 60% as the whole projected starting offense I think is Mac recruits except maybe one guy. On defense there may be like 4 or 5 Muschamp guys still starting however I think. I am not counting the kickers.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think starters is higher % wise than 60% as the whole projected starting offense I think is Mac recruits except maybe one guy. On defense there may be like 4 or 5 Muschamp guys still starting however I think.

I'm referring to the roster, in a 5 year eligibility cycle, we are in year 3 of McElwain... so 60% of that roster in a 5 year eligibility cycle is his. This is the first time in his tenure that the majority of the players are his recruits.

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Agreed...if he sh*t's the bed this season it will show he isn't the right man for the job.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Chump went 4-8 with his guys. Y'all put too much emphasis on whose guys are whose. Plus we've had a top ranked defense the last few years. What are we going to fall to 10th? 20th? That would be sufficient (to compete) if the offense kicks in.
Or slit your wrists. I'm perfectly fine with that.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm cautiously optimistic.....

I'm thinking we win 9 or 10 games plus a bowl game.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Chump went 4-8 with his guys. Y'all put too much emphasis on whose guys are whose. Plus we've had a top ranked defense the last few years. What are we going to fall to 10th? 20th? That would be sufficient (to compete) if the offense kicks in.
Or slit your wrists. I'm perfectly fine with that.

I think it could drop to 25th to 30th ranking type defense. Remember the 07 defense was in the 30s I think and even with that great offense we lost 3 SEC games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb