2017 College Football team talent composite

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Well...since Mac is 2-9 vs teams with more talent it looks like we drop several more games this season. Those 1st 2 classes has really dropped our talent level across the board. Btw...were sitting at 18th!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We still get shït tons of talent. We just don't know how to coach it. Because our coaching staffs have straight sucked.

How does our talent stack up to other schools? How about by NFL standards…

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
We still get shït tons of talent. We just don't know how to coach it. Because our coaching staffs have straight sucked.

True...however at this moment we currently 18th best roster in CFB and our record will reflect so at the end of the season if not worse. With this staff we'll do good to finish inside the top 25!

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
True...however at this moment we currently 18th best roster in CFB and our record will reflect so at the end of the season if not worse. With this staff we'll do good to finish inside the top 25!

18th... I have a feeling that we won't finish 18th or better in the year's end poll...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member

This is what has come out recently J, but the article is talking about current CFB rosters. I'm in agreement, our roster, despite getting a little better on the O side of things still sucks ballsack.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is what has come out recently J, but the article is talking about current CFB rosters. I'm in agreement, our roster, despite getting a little better on the O side of things still sucks ballsack.

And yet.. Sadly - we're more talented at the offensive skill positions than we've been in nearly a decade.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Did you see gilly play last night for pats? He balled out, happy for him.

I'd take this entire batch of skill players over the batch of skill players under chump.

Now if we're talking defense...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

You were just as excited about all those tds that Thompson, Worton and Fullwood would be scoring inevitably.

The are called talented because they haven't done anything.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd take this entire batch of skill players over the batch of skill players under chump.

Now if we're talking defense...
I'm just not impressed. Scarlett is a mediocre player who cant block, doesn't have breakaway speed, and doesn't juke or cut very well either. Callaway hasn't actually done much of anything besides that Tennessee game where he made 1 big play; hes good at running the wrong routes tho... and of course getting high and stealing. Cleveland looks good but not like amari cooper or calvin ridley good, not even by a long shot. The qbs mac has pulled in are a big bag of meh... franks is a nice kid, but he was a project and mac isn't going to improve anything from what they came in as; we know this for a fact at this point.

I'd trade that whole mixed bag just to have Grier behind center because at least he can make something happen vs a bunch of guys that might be able to respond to something happening around them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It will actually be worse bc our few bluechippers are mostly freshmen who wont be ready for two years or so.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just not impressed. Scarlett is a mediocre player who cant block, doesn't have breakaway speed, and doesn't juke or cut very well either. Callaway hasn't actually done much of anything besides that Tennessee game where he made 1 big play; hes good at running the wrong routes tho... and of course getting high and stealing. Cleveland looks good but not like amari cooper or calvin ridley good, not even by a long shot. The qbs mac has pulled in are a big bag of meh... franks is a nice kid, but he was a project and mac isn't going to improve anything from what they came in as; we know this for a fact at this point.

I'd trade that whole mixed bag just to have Grier behind center because at least he can make something happen vs a bunch of guys that might be able to respond to something happening around them.

I don't really have any idea about the WRs. We haven't had a QB who can throw them the ball or an OC that will actually call a big league game.

Hell we don't even have an OL that can block the guy in front of them. Do you really thing that every player we have is that terrible? Or maybe. Just maybe - this staff is that terrible.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You were just as excited about all those tds that Thompson, Worton and Fullwood would be scoring inevitably.

The are called talented because they haven't done anything.

Worton was a throw away from FSU. I'd say that Robinson and Cleveland are elite receivers. Maybe Green. Maybe.

Anyone else on this squad?

Eh...

Now if they can hold together this class - this will be the most talented WR class we've had since 96-97.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Worton was talented and did dick with it.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Worton couldn't get any seperation against freakin north texas.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't really have any idea about the WRs. We haven't had a QB who can throw them the ball or an OC that will actually call a big league game.

Hell we don't even have an OL that can block the guy in front of them. Do you really thing that every player we have is that terrible? Or maybe. Just maybe - this staff is that terrible.
I dont think the ones i listed are terrible. But i also dont think any of them would be starting for a legitimate top level team aside from maybe cleveland. Sorry but ive never seen callaway do anything to deserve all the butt kissing he gets. And at this point the chances are pretty good that he wont ever do anything else, good or bad. Some of those guys COULD be good to even really good players IF they actually had some legitimate coaching and development. But that's not happening either and doesn't have a prayer of occurring in the future until this group of bums from the day old bread rack are told to kick rocks. Yes, the coaching plays a part, but I still dont think we have anybody deserving of the "elite talent" type descriptions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.