2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
He lost it mentally and it affected his control. No way the happens to Faedo.

He gave up 6 hits with 2 being huge, run-scoring misplayed balls by our OFs. This ain't on him.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You're correct about the misplayed balls in the outfield being big but don't get ahead of yourself here...Kowar was below average tonight. He still gave up 4 earned runs.

They were earned because they weren't caught...there were two outs when both plays happened if I'm not mistaken.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Overall, the entire team sucked and double that for the coaching staff. What did they do to prepare? Same ol' shyt I guess, get to the CWS and just fukoff and wait for it to come to you.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Watched/still watching the game. The wheels started coming off for Kowar in the 3rd.

Bottom line is if we make plays we should have made behind Kowar, he gives up 1, maybe 2 runs. Crappy defense and hitting is doing us in (and poor in game choices).

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Bottom line is if we make plays we should have made behind Kowar, he gives up 1, maybe 2 runs. Crappy defense and hitting is doing us in (and poor in game choices).

Don't get me wrong, it's not entirely on him. As I noted earlier in this thread, as a team the players stunk it up and Sully shyt the bed before the game even started but Kowar wasn't great tonight. He gave up too many hits, walked guys, threw wild at the most inoportune times, etc. He was far from stellar.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
FireFoley happy tonight cause he gets to Hate and Complain on UF...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Our boys were in this very same position against Bethune-Cookman and Wake Forest and still pulled it out in the elimination game. They got this.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Don't get me wrong, it's not entirely on him. As I noted earlier in this thread, as a team the players stunk it up and Sully shyt the bed before the game even started but Kowar wasn't great tonight. He gave up too many hits, walked guys, threw wild at the most inoportune times, etc. He was far from stellar.

I don't think it was a stellar performance although it started like it. I just think he pitched well enough for us to win, that's all.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
An embarrassing loss on the national stage. The good news is we get another shot at redemption. Sully got us this far. Surely he as a plan to get rid of these jokers and get us into the final.

Humiliating to hear the announcers talk about us as has-beens when we've already beaten TCU. Gottammee Sully wake dafuk up and get serious. Tomorrow could change everything.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like the girls in the WCWS, I don't think we make it through tomorrow. I hope I'm wrong.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Now that's the spirit. Gators are just 3 wins from being National Champs. Why not us?
Perhaps you haven't been around the past 10 years to watch our stellar Coaching or how our guys play in the clutch?

Last edited:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
Now that's the spirit. Gators are just 3 wins from being National Champs. Why not us?
We don't have the pitching, Friday was a must win, now even if Faedo gets us to Monday we'll have Kirby and then nothing but short rest or bullpen games for the 2/3 games.

In short...we're dead.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Feado vs Johnny Bullpen. Let be honest, we should have no issue winning this game and moving on. If we dont, tip your hat to Tcu.

We have our ace against a worn down TCU. Put Larson batting ninth, Nelly in RF, and DH Kolo and we in ship.

We lost 1-3 games, TCU wont beat us 2-3 times. Go Gators

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
FireFoley happy tonight cause he gets to Hate and Complain on UF...

You are just delusional. I am not happy. I wanted us to win but we had a cushion and tonite is must win. Kowar was outstanding for 3 innings then they caught up to him and he missed some pitches badly. Couple that with a botched play in left field, a botched play in center field, India not throwing home for a force play and a jackwad 3rd base coach and it just snowballs. That is baseball. the part that falls on Sully is the India play and a little of the 3rd base coach b/c that is basic fundamentals, knowing the situations, and attention to detail. But that is who Sully is. So hopefully we can right the ship tonite. But you have no idea what it is like to be an objective fan b/c all you are is an end result person. WIN=everything great. Loss=Disaster to you. You can't understand or see a process!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.