2017 CWS: UF National Champions!

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Do or die today Gators. Hopefully Sully can finally breakthrough and bring us that elusive baseball championship that we've been knocking on the door for awhile now. How many schools have won championships in the big 3 sports?

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You are just delusional. I am not happy. I wanted us to win but we had a cushion and tonite is must win. Kowar was outstanding for 3 innings then they caught up to him and he missed some pitches badly. Couple that with a botched play in left field, a botched play in center field, India not throwing home for a force play and a jackwad 3rd base coach and it just snowballs. That is baseball. the part that falls on Sully is the India play and a little of the 3rd base coach b/c that is basic fundamentals, knowing the situations, and attention to detail. But that is who Sully is. So hopefully we can right the ship tonite. But you have no idea what it is like to be an objective fan b/c all you are is an end result person. WIN=everything great. Loss=Disaster to you. You can't understand or see a process!

I'll blame Sully for poor lineup decisions and for bringing in Milchin, but not the India play or the 3B baserunning fiasco. Sully can't physically or mentally control the 3B coach to make a good decision there, that's on the 3B coach himself. And India got greedy trying for the DP which wasn't smart, but again, that's not on Sully. I can promise you Sully wanted him to go home with it and any player knows that's the right play.
Just my 2 cents.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Never mind looked it up and Ucla, Michigan, Stanford, Cal, and Ohio St have the trifecta.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ONCE AGAIN, FireFoley shows up when we LOSE. Funny how that happens just about EVERY time. He had NOTHING to say after we WON those first 2 games. WHY is that??!!?? Trolls will be Trolls. A Loss is a disaster for me cause then the Haters and Complainers and Trolls win.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
ONCE AGAIN, FireFoley shows up when we LOSE. Funny how that happens just about EVERY time. He had NOTHING to say after we WON those first 2 games. WHY is that??!!?? Trolls will be Trolls. A Loss is a disaster for me cause then the Haters and Complainers and Trolls win.
Tired Shtick bro

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Tired Shtick bro

Are you going to point that out to the dozens of others here who have their own brand of tired shtick? Maybe I'm just not as sophisticated as some, but Jboss amuses me. He is a delightful ray of sunshine amongst a big sky of dark clouds.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

Go back and look at the entire thread JACKA$$. I commented after both games!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
First & foremost, the cause of UF being in danger in an elimination tourney is coach-manager Sullivan's shortfall.

1) In Schwartz, he had a freshman poised to be an HR leader in all CBB. Schwartz seems to have gotten zero or wrong hitting instruction-practicing.

2) Sully watched all season as his team developed zero hitting prowess, little run producing lineup. Hitting is 50% the attitude that the batter brings to the plate,(his grip, the balance & readiness for stride of his stance) and along with the "in game" by side coaching he gets "memorizing" the hints given off by the pitcher's arm angles for each style of pitch he throws. All Gator batters should be ooached and drilled in laser-stare at the ball from the time it leaves the pitchers hand 'til it reaches the "sweet-spot" of his swing. That creates aggressive line drive hitters. All season in 70% of our games we've had such little RBIs as to depend too much on our pitchers dominating opposing hitters who all approach hitting in that aggressive style.

3) During a "control your destiny game", a smart coach does not choose an 175 lbs, .181 BA outfielder (Horvath for season 2 doubles, 0 HRs) over a 6', 230-lb OF (Bell for season .275 BA, 2 HRs)?? Plus there were about 4 better hitters on the roster recruited and used during the season.

4) Third base coach of such little foresight to be out of position as to not properly signal the baserunner. Also, some coach should have waved Horvath to set up 8 yards deeper. An outfielder can cover far faster running forward than retreating. Why wasn't the shortstop pre-informed to throw home to stop that scoring base-runner?

5) All season long, outfielders should be coached to dive for a fly (Langworthy) anytime there is any chance of catching it, knowing that a "so-taught" teammate will take care of any fetch & throw-in should that catch fail. That is similar to a team's training in smart base running. In the CWS you want to cause your opponent discouragement not encouragement.

6) Of course, there's always that GatorJ thingy. {Just kidding J. I don't believe in deja-view ... so watch-on tonight, J -- we want to break a drought = CWS and yours.}

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
First & foremost, the cause of UF being in danger in an elimination tourney is coach-manager Sullivan's shortfall.

1) In Schwartz, he had a freshman poised to be an HR leader in all CBB. Schwartz seems to have gotten zero or wrong hitting instruction-practicing.

2) Sully watched all season as his team developed zero hitting prowess, little run producing lineup. Hitting is 50% the attitude that the batter brings to the plate,(his grip, the balance & readiness for stride of his stance) and along with the "in game" by side coaching he gets "memorizing" the hints given off by the pitcher's arm angles for each style of pitch he throws. All Gator batters should be ooached and drilled in laser-stare at the ball from the time it leaves the pitchers hand 'til it reaches the "sweet-spot" of his swing. That creates aggressive line drive hitters. All season in 70% of our games we've had such little RBIs as to depend too much on our pitchers dominating opposing hitters who all approach hitting in that aggressive style.

3) During a "control your destiny game", a smart coach does not choose an 175 lbs, .181 BA outfielder (Horvath for season 2 doubles, 0 HRs) over a 6', 230-lb OF (Bell for season .275 BA, 2 HRs)?? Plus there were about 4 better hitters on the roster recruited and used during the season.

4) Third base coach of such little foresight to be out of position as to not properly signal the baserunner. Also, some coach should have waved Horvath to set up 8 yards deeper. An outfielder can cover far faster running forward than retreating. Why wasn't the shortstop pre-informed to throw home to stop that scoring base-runner?

5) All season long, outfielders should be coached to dive for a fly (Langworthy) anytime there is any chance of catching it, knowing that a "so-taught" teammate will take care of any fetch & throw-in should that catch fail. That is similar to a team's training in smart base running. In the CWS you want to cause your opponent discouragement not encouragement.

6) Of course, there's always that GatorJ thingy. {Just kidding J. I don't believe in deja-view ... so watch-on tonight, J -- we want to break a drought = CWS and yours.}
Sully is our Mike Martin...he always chokes under the bright lights. Maybe tonight will be different...we'll see!

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
"Do as i say not as i do"
#LiberalLogic
That makes no sense since can't find one post where I've called people out or trolls, and I'm actually a right wing nut gun clinger, that's enjoying the fruits of his labor at this point in life.
Not meaning you don't make sense, btw

Marianna-FL_Gator

#GangGang
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
That makes no sense since u can't find one post where I've called people out or trolls, and I'm actually a right wing nut gun clinger, that's enjoying the fruits of his labor at this point in life.
:lmao2: bro that wasn't directed at u

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I know this is very premature as we have to win tonight but Ill throw it out there. Who would we rather face in the championship, LSU or Oregon State? I'm leaning towards Oregon St. I don't think I want to play an LSU team that we've faced already this year. I just think we may have a better chance if we're facing a team fresh where neither side knows the other's tendencies. Maybe it will motivate our guys and give them an extra spark. Thoughts?

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Personally I have some good friends that are LSU fans and I really don't want to have to listen to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.