Recruiting 2017 Recruiting Standing Board

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
According to 247Sports Tedarrell Slaton is 6-4.5 and weighs 340. They rank him a 4 star that is very close to 5 star. A player needs a rating of .98 to be a 5 star and Slaton has a rating of .9642. They rank him the 3rd best OG in the nation and the 65th best overall player in the nation.

He has offers from 23 schools including Bama, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, FSU and Michigan.

The crystal ball has the Gators slightly behind FSU and Michigan. However, the top 247Sports "predictor" Steve Wiltfong (87.73% accuracy) recently predicted that Slaton will sign with the Gators.

Apparently, Slaton has decided he wants to be a DT in college and that is what has given the Gators an advantage.

The addition of Slaton alone would raise the Gators three spots in the current 247Sports recruiting rankings.

Last edited:

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
According to 247Sports Tedarrell Slaton is 6-4.5 and weighs 340. They rank him a 4 star that is very close to 5 star. A player needs a rating of .98 to be a 5 star and Slaton has a rating of .9642. They rank him the 3rd best OG in the nation and the 65th best overall player in the nation.

He has offers from 23 schools including Bama, Tennessee, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Ole Miss, FSU and Michigan.

The crystal ball has the Gators slightly behind FSU and Michigan. However, the top 247Sports "predictor" Steve Wiltfong (87.73% accuracy) recently predicted that Slaton will sign with the Gators.

Apparently, Slaton has decided he wants to be a DT in college and that is what has given the Gators an advantage.

The addition of Slaton alone would raise the Gators three spots in the current 247Sports recruiting rankings.
He'll be here the 27th, hopefully he leaves with a new Dodge Charger.

Gatorbait_007

Jan 14, 2016
There are 36 players committed to SEC schools ranked ahead of our top commit now.

UGA has 18 4/5 star recruits the rest of the SEC east has 20 combined.

Great news for Kirby. I guess some guys can recruit in their first year and some cant.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Add in FSUs 7 and it's 43
5035210.PNG

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
On December 23rd 247Sports published their predicted final recruiting rankings.

http://247sports.com/Article/247Spo...cts-final-2017-team-recruiting-ranki-49999546

1. ALABAMA
2. OHIO STATE
3. GEORGIA
4. MICHIGAN
5. LSU
6. FLORIDA STATE
7. OKLAHOMA
8. USC
9. TEXAS A&M
10. CLEMSON
11. AUBURN
12. NOTRE DAME
13. WASHINGTON
14. FLORIDA

These are the current committed players in the 2017 Florida recruiting class:

Jake Allen QB
Malik Davis RB
Daquon Green WR
Kemore Gamble TE
Zech Byrd TE
Kadeem Telfort OL
Kyree Campbell DT
Zachary Carter DE
James Houston LB
Ventrell Miller LB
Elijah Blades CB
Marco Wilson CB
Shawn Davis CB
Kadarius Toney ATH

These are the uncommitted players that 247Sports predicted would be in our final recruiting class:

Adarius Lemons RB
James Robinson WR
Tony Gray OL
Tyrone Truesdale DT
Christopher Henderson CB
Brad Stewart CB

Since the predicted rankings were published we received a commitment from:

T.J. Moore OL

These are the players with scheduled January visits that I believe that we have a really good shot at signing:

Kai-Leon Herbert OL Jan 27
Tederrell Slaton OL Jan 27
Devon Hunter S Jan 13

That would give the Gators a recruiting class of 24 players and a final 247Sports recruiting score of 268.07. Last year that score would have been the 12th ranked class. It appears that perhaps this year it would be a top 10 score.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
No inside information. Florida has a history of putting DBs in the NFL, Torrian Gray is a well respected position coach that played DB. Gray also coached at VT for a long time. If anyone can get him to back off VT, it should be Gray. Safety is also a position that should offer early playing time.

I would rather we turn Parks or Solomon, but I think Hunter is the one we'll successfully turn.

If we don't get him we will still sign another player, so the net effect on our total score would only be around 8 points.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
If we could land a DT class of Kyree Campbell, Tyrone Truesdell and Tederrell Slaton that would be huge. Literally.

Kyree Campbell 6-4 320
Tyrone Truesdell 6-3 325
Tederrell Slaton 6-4 340

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is good stuff and thanks for posting it. I hope we do have a few surprises to go with NSD as we good use a boost in the morale dept. I went back to 2015 and 16 and we were ranked by 24-7 at #21 and #12 respectively. From a talent level if we should squeak out a top 10 class combining that we are playing possibly 18-20 FR/SO today tells me we have some experience coming back. That gives me a glimmer of hope. It would be nice to see a 5* are too. BUT...that all depends on how and if this coaching staff gets their act together. That's a whole other thread.

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
That would give the Gators a recruiting class of 24 players and a final 247Sports recruiting score of 268.07. Last year that score would have been the 12th ranked class. It appears that perhaps this year it would be a top 10 score.

That would be pretty good, but not elite.It's certainly better than a 30th ranked class. If we could get some coaches to move recruiting up a notch to top 5 and then develop the talent and then develop a culture of winning, we will again become elite. Some big ifs.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see us getting Hunter. We have zero presence on 247, which wouldn't mean much, but this is a highly touted recruit, not a noname. So if there was a whisper out there, someone would take a flyer on him and predict UF.

I think we get Stewart and Henderson though. If we keep Blades, that'll make a real nice class at DB. Truesdell is likely a Gator along with another DT, even though we need 4 total.

Steve Wiltfong has a near 90% prediction rate and this is what he's predicting:
Jarez Parks - Bama
Tedarrell Slaton - UF
Aubrey Soloman - Bama
Elijah Conliffe - UT
Jordan Pouncey - Miami
Tray Bishop - UGA
Marvin Wilson - LSU
Chris Henderson - UF
Henry Ruggs - Bama
Labryan Ray - Bama
James Robinson - UF
Tony Gray - UGA
Devon Hunter - VaTech

I'm not sure how Bama is going to have room for all the kids that are projected to end up there. A Bama site said they are looking to sign 27, but they sit at 26 right now. Sounds like they'll have to drop some guys.

We need some momentum quick. It would be nice to see Robinson commit and shut it down. Not sure when Lemons ACT score comes in, but hopefully soon and acceptable. This bowl game will be huge.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Other threads are already talking about this....

Leatherwood is supposed to be an Alabama early enrollee. Bama EE's were required to be on campus today. However, Leatherwood was photographed at the Outback Bowl wearing Gator gear instead of enrolling in classes in Tuscaloosa. Reportedly he was hanging out with the team after the game.

Another forum has a thread started yesterday in which the OP stated there would be a 5 star flip by Wednesday. Wednesday just happens to be the day when Gator EE's are required to be on campus.

It appears there is a chance that Leatherwood has been trolling Bama. This might be the surprise our recruits have been tweeting about.

If we keep all of our current recruits

Jake Allen QB
Malik Davis RB
Daquon Green WR
Kemore Gamble TE
Zech Byrd TE
Kadeem Telfort OL
T.J. Moore OL
Kyree Campbell DT
Zachary Carter DE
James Houston LB
Ventrell Miller LB
Elijah Blades CB
Marco Wilson CB
Shawn Davis CB
Kadarius Toney ATH

and we add

Adarius Lemons RB
James Robinson WR
Tony Gray OL
Tyrone Truesdale DT
Christopher Henderson CB
Brad Stewart CB
Devon Hunter S Jan 13

and I think Hunter is the only real stretch in that group.

Then we get

Alex Leatherwood OL

That class would give us a final 247Sports recruiting score of 284.16. Last year that score would have been good for 5th place.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Other threads are already talking about this....

Leatherwood is supposed to be an Alabama early enrollee. Bama EE's were required to be on campus today. However, Leatherwood was photographed at the Outback Bowl wearing Gator gear instead of enrolling in classes in Tuscaloosa. Reportedly he was hanging out with the team after the game.

Another forum has a thread started yesterday in which the OP stated there would be a 5 star flip by Wednesday. Wednesday just happens to be the day when Gator EE's are required to be on campus.

It appears there is a chance that Leatherwood has been trolling Bama. This might be the surprise our recruits have been tweeting about.

If we keep all of our current recruits

Jake Allen QB
Malik Davis RB
Daquon Green WR
Kemore Gamble TE
Zech Byrd TE
Kadeem Telfort OL
T.J. Moore OL
Kyree Campbell DT
Zachary Carter DE
James Houston LB
Ventrell Miller LB
Elijah Blades CB
Marco Wilson CB
Shawn Davis CB
Kadarius Toney ATH

and we add

Adarius Lemons RB
James Robinson WR
Tony Gray OL
Tyrone Truesdale DT
Christopher Henderson CB
Brad Stewart CB
Devon Hunter S Jan 13

and I think Hunter is the only real stretch in that group.

Then we get

Alex Leatherwood OL

That class would give us a final 247Sports recruiting score of 284.16. Last year that score would have been good for 5th place.
I forget the article, but Leatherface stated that he basically couldn't tell the Bama coaches no. He was scared of them. This is the only reason why I think the flip would be possible like this. Once he shows up at UF and enrolls...game over. I really don't know why he'd wear UF gear to the game either. Just a kid and not thinking about things, i guess. I hope he flips. There appears to be some smoke here. If he were to flip after this dominant win, huge momentum swing in recruiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.