Recruiting 2017 Recruiting Standing Board

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Speaking of last seasons recruits does anyone know how Clayton is coming around. He was a big time recruit but just needed to add a bunch of weight.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Last I heard about a month ago Clayton was below 230 lbs. guess he could switch to linebacker. :dunno:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If we keep all of our current recruits

Jake Allen QB
Malik Davis RB
Daquon Green WR
Kemore Gamble TE
Zech Byrd TE
Kadeem Telfort OL
T.J. Moore OL
Kyree Campbell DT
Zachary Carter DE
James Houston LB
Ventrell Miller LB
Elijah Blades CB
Marco Wilson CB
Shawn Davis CB
Kadarius Toney ATH

and we add

Adarius Lemons RB
James Robinson WR
Tony Gray OL
Tyrone Truesdale DT
Christopher Henderson CB
Brad Stewart CB
Kai-Leon Herbert OL Jan 27
Tederrell Slaton OL Jan 27
Devon Hunter S Jan 13

and I think Hunter is the only real stretch in that group.

Then we get

Alex Leatherwood OL

That class would give us a final 247Sports recruiting score of 284.16. Last year that score would have been good for 5th place.
I hope you're right. That's still waaay too few DTs. I still think Truesdale will be the most important player out of that bunch. Both of the DTs MUST arrive on campus ready to play right damn now.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
He's not fast enough. Look, the reason these 220-230 lb kids are listed as DEs is BECAUSE they aren't fast enough to play LB.

Antonneous Clayton was rated the 2nd best WDE in the nation coming out of high school. However, he reportedly ran a 4.75 40. That would indeed make it difficult to chase down or cover RB's in the SEC.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I don't understand how Antonneous Clayton was rated a 4 star by 247Sports. According to their rating system an athlete has to have a .98 score or higher to get the fifth star. They had Antonneous Clayton with a score of .9821 and yet only 4 stars.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Because they suck.

If you just spent your time on Rivals, you'd pay less and get the right answers from the beginning.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They better get him up to 250 plus by next season. Cant believe he is still that light.
He got sick at the beginning of the year. I think he got down to around 215 or so. Set him back.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Are we recruiting the blackman qb thats committed to fsu? There's a vip thread with quite a few upvotes on TOS. Also, a few weeks back Blake alderman was on the radio saying we had contected him and there was some mutual interest there.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Are we recruiting the blackman qb thats committed to fsu? There's a vip thread with quite a few upvotes on TOS. Also, a few weeks back Blake alderman was on the radio saying we had contected him and there was some mutual interest there.
Old thread...it was about Treon ;)

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just giving you some shyt. Looked him up, poor offer sheet for a 4*. Doubt he is that good of a pro-style prospect, but he looks pretty solid to FSU.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just giving you some shyt. Looked him up, poor offer sheet for a 4*. Doubt he is that good of a pro-style prospect, but he looks pretty solid to FSU.
I think we need to add another qb to this class though. 2018 doesn't look to be a great year for us to get a qb. I'd be happy if we stole him from fsu. Of Francois leaves after next year, they'd be screwed if they lost him now that Henry's transferring.

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
So, will we get any good players this year?

:dunno:

EuroGator

Founding Member
Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We've got you!

:stars:

2-star at best...
2-star.png

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
I hope you're right. That's still waaay too few DTs. I still think Truesdale will be the most important player out of that bunch. Both of the DTs MUST arrive on campus ready to play right damn now.

Tedarrel Slaton is rated the 3rd best OG in the nation. However, he has stated that he wants to play DT in college. Slaton is 6-4 and weighs 360. Bama had Mt. Cody, looks like we'll have Mt. Slaton.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tedarrel Slaton is rated the 3rd best OG in the nation. However, he has stated that he wants to play DT in college. Slaton is 6-4 and weighs 360. Bama had Mt. Cody, looks like we'll have Mt. Slaton.
That would be HUGE...literally. He's obviously a talented kid and if his heart is at DT even better because we could use a big run stopper like that. Can't remember a time we've ever had a HUGE body at NT. Floyd is the biggest i can remember and i don't believe he was ever a NT.

Gator2222

Nov 25, 2016
Out of these who do we really have a shot at:

OT 4* Kai-Leon Herbert (Plantation, FL. American Heritage) Hard Michigan commit
LB 4* Levi Jones
( 6-2, 215, Austin, TX, Westlake) (6%)
S 4* Devon Hunter (6-1, 205, Chesapeake, VA. Indian River) Va Tech lean
DT 5* Aubrey Solomon, Leesburg, Ga. Bama or GA
DE 4* LaBryan Ray, Madison, Ala. Alabama commit
LB 4* Rahyme Johnson, Los Angeles UCLA Taking a free trip
DB 4* Brian Edwards 6-3, 195, Hollywood, FL. Miramar) Free trip
OL 4* Stephan Zabie (6-6, 290, Austin, TX. Westlake Oklahoma Commit
OL 3* Caleb Chandler (6-5, 295, Jefferson, GA. High) Louisville Commit
WR 4* Henry Ruggs (6-0, 175, Montgomery, AL. Lee) Alabama commit
WR 3* Jordan Pouncey (6-2, 185, Winter Park FL) Miami Lean
DT 3* Alec Jackson (6-5, 270, Montgomery, AL. Jeff Davis) Auburn commit
DT 3* Cory Durden (6-4, 283, Newberry, FL. High) Florida State commit
OL 4* Kendall Randolph (6-5, 290, Madison, AL. Bob Jones) Alabama commit
DB 4* Tray Bishop , Dawson, Ga. (Dawg Fud)
DE 3* Markaviest Bryant, Cordele, GA. (Cancelled visit)
OL 5* Alex Leatherwood 6.1 6'5" 298 Pensacola, FL Bama Commit

My opinion, for whatever it's worth......

OT 4* Kai-Leon Herbert is a Michigan commit, but I think we have very good odds of flipping him.

LB 4* Levi Jones was considered a heavy Texas A&M lean, but recently stated that he wanted to go out of state. The most recent 247Sports prediction was this morning and picked Florida. On January 2nd Levi Jones tweeted this

It looks like this one will come down to FSU and Florida. It doesn't hurt that Randy Shannon coached his father in college and the two are still close.

S 4*Devon Hunter is a heavy Virginia Tech lean, but he visits Florida on January 13. It's a long shot, but we are still in the race.

DE 4* LaBryan Ray is a heavy Bama lean as is DE 4* Jarez Parks. However, Bama just signed the #1 JUCO DE and has a nearly full class. Rumor has it that if Parks signs with Bama then Ray signs with second choice Florida.

OL 5* Alex Leatherwood is the subject of a lot of rumors right now. He is a Bama commit, but many think he will flip to Florida. He was spotted at the Gators bowl game. He also has family members that live in the Gainesville area. He's probably going to sign with Bama, but you never know.

DT 3* Cory Durden is an FSU guy all the way. Even though his family lives in the extended Gainesville area, they are diehard Noles. If Durden signed with anyone other than FSU it would be a shocker.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.