Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Go Gators!

GAINESVILLE Super Regional (BA Preview)
--------------------------------------
Wake Forest: (season stats), (RPI/schedule)
FLORIDA: (season stats), (RPI/schedule)
Saturday, June 10th, 3:00 PM: Wake Forest @ {3} FLORIDA (ESPN)
Sunday, June 11th, 3:00 PM: {3} FLORIDA @ Wake Forest (ESPN/ESPN2)
(Monday, June 12th, TBD - if necessary)

Fort Worth Super Regional
Saturday, June 10th, 6:00 PM: Missouri State @ {6} TCU (ESPNU)
Sunday, June 11th, 6:00 PM: {6} TCU @ Missouri State (ESPN2/ESPNU)

Louisville Super Regional (BA Preview)
Friday, June 9th, 12:00 PM: Kentucky @ {7} Louisville (ESPN2)
Saturday, June 10th, 12:00 PM: {7} Louisville @ Kentucky (ESPN)
(Sunday, June 11th, 12:00 PM: TBD - if necessary (ESPN/ESPN2))

College Station Super Regional (BA Preview)
Friday, June 9th, 3:00 PM: Davidson @ Texas A&M (ESPN2)
Saturday, June 10th, 6:00 PM: Texas A&M @ Davidson (ESPN2)
(Sunday, June 11th, 6:00 PM: TBD - if necessary (ESPN2/ESPNU))

==============

Corvalis Super Regional (BA Preview)
Friday, June 9th, 9:00 PM: Vanderbilt @ {1} Oregon State (ESPN2)
Saturday, June 10th, 9:00 PM: {1} Oregon State @ Vanderbilt (ESPN)
(Sunday, June 11th, 9:00 PM: TBD - if necessary (ESPN2/ESPNU))

Long Beach Super Regional (BA Preview)
Friday, June 9th, 6:00 PM: Cal State Fullerton @ Long Beach State (ESPN2)
Saturday, June 10th, 3:00 PM: Long Beach State @ Cal State Fullerton (ESPNU)
(Sunday, June 11th, 3:00 PM - TBD if necessary (ESPN/ESPN2))

Clowntown Super Regional
Saturday, June 10th, 12:00 PM: Sam Houston State @ SWAC (ESPN2)
Sunday, June 11th, 12:00 PM: SWAC @ Sam Houston State (ESPN/ESPN2)

Baton Rouge Super Regional (BA Preview)

Saturday, June 10th, 9:00 PM: Mississippi State @ {4} LSU (ESPN2)
Sunday, June 11th, 9:00 PM: {4} LSU @ Mississippi State (ESPN2/ESPNU)

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Ky vs Louisville at noon today could be interesting

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wish they didn't pair up two SEC teams
6 of the 16 teams remaining are SEC teams. With that many teams remaining, SEC vs SEC was bound to happen by how they set up the regionals, ya know, regionally. They didn't pair them up, it's just how the regionals shook out.
But don't ask me how Oregon State and Vandy ended up in the same Super Regional. I guess they had to spread the SEC teams around the country in the regionals format since there were so many.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
6 of the 16 teams remaining are SEC teams. With that many teams remaining, SEC vs SEC was bound to happen by how they set up the regionals, ya know, regionally. They didn't pair them up, it's just how the regionals shook out.
But don't ask me how Oregon State and Vandy ended up in the same Super Regional. I guess they had to spread the SEC teams around the country in the regionals format since there were so many.

Vandy ended up at OSU b/c OSU was the #1 overall seed and theoretically Clemson was the #16 seed and hosted a regional. It just so happened that Vandy was the #2 seed in the Cemson regional and won that regional so they travel to OSU. That was probably right because Clemson being ranked #16 and Vandy #17 seems about right.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wake Forest leads the NCAA in HR's. Should be an interesting matchup vs our starting rotation.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014

Or that Sam Houston State is closer to two other regionals and get Tallahassee.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Sam Houston and the douche clowns knotted at 6 in the 8th

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Blue Sky and Lightning delay..another day in Gville...terrible timing as Alex was in zone.

Doubtful he comes back out

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Blue Sky and Lightning delay..another day in Gville...terrible timing as Alex was in zone.

Doubtful he comes back out

Looks like there might be night baseball at the Mac as it appears to be clearing. Maybe a 5+ hour rain delay. And I agree that both starting pitchers will not return, and sadly I think that favors WF b/c they have been a marginal pitching team and a big hitting team all year. Some of their power numbers were staggering considering they play in a very good league. With that said I have a thought on what to do about the pitching if/when the game resumes. With UF up 1-0 in the 4th and our bullpen being well below average (sans Byrne), how about getting Kowar ready to go out to resume Game 1. He has not pitched since Friday a week ago. Try and win it and don;t throw the bullpen guys yet. Singer goes Game 2 either way and if there is a game 3, then you figure out a starter and have Faedo come in from the bullpen if you need him. He threw about 60-70 pitches so I think he could toss another 50 or so on 1 days rest, provided that mound visit by the trainer was nothing serious. Think I will head back to the park for the resumption tonite. See you there!

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I understand the thinking but Singer was different tonight. Lets go win it

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to argue with putting Byrne in there. Best closer in the country and hasn't blown a save all year. That'd be like the Yankees not putting in Rivera 15 years ago. Sh*t happens sometimes, but we have a chance to walk it off.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Sully is a complete MORON, a total jacka$$. I was sitting at the game and walked out when Byrne came out of the bullpen. Not b/c I do not like Byrne, I do and he has been a savior of the bullpen, but Singer was ALMOST unhittable tonite, the best he had looked in weeks. And Singer had not thrown that many pitches. Had Singer given up that HR, I would not have said a word. I don;t blame Byrne, but Singer was throwing 95 with movement, and you bring in a soft tosser who is always around the plate. UF may still win this game and may still win the series, but taking Singer out was totally bufoonish. For a guy who does not always manage by the book, decides to lift a fresh Brady Singer who was throwing darts after 50 or so pitches. I am so sick of Sully's BS. If he leaves I would not be disappointed!!!!!! I was going to praise Sully for using Singer after the delay (I would have used Kowar, but the thought is the exact same), Sully then pulls maybe the dumbest move of his entire UF career when a game was within his reach!!!!!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sully is a complete MORON, a total jacka$$. I was sitting at the game and walked out when Byrne came out of the bullpen. Not b/c I do not like Byrne, I do and he has been a savior of the bullpen, but Singer was ALMOST unhittable tonite, the best he had looked in weeks. And Singer had not thrown that many pitches. Had Singer given up that HR, I would not have said a word. I don;t blame Byrne, but Singer was throwing 95 with movement, and you bring in a soft tosser who is always around the plate. UF may still win this game and may still win the series, but taking Singer out was totally bufoonish. For a guy who does not always manage by the book, decides to lift a fresh Brady Singer who was throwing darts after 50 or so pitches. I am so sick of Sully's BS. If he leaves I would not be disappointed!!!!!! I was going to praise Sully for using Singer after the delay (I would have used Kowar, but the thought is the exact same), Sully then pulls maybe the dumbest move of his entire UF career when a game was within his reach!!!!!!
I know whining and crying is sort of your MO, but putting in your All-American closer who hasn't blown a save all year is never a bad call. Ever.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Quote the contrary, not whining or crying and not pissed at Byrne. I am a process guy, and the process would have been to leave the hot hand right where he was and not use Byrne b/c your staff is so thin you could have saved him for games 2 and 3. I am not an end result guy. I praised Sully for going to Singer to begin the game after the delay but I will never be convinced that pulling Singer for any closer in that situation was a smart move!. Singer was en fuego and if it ain't broke don;t fix it!!!!!!

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
We can agree to disagree and I am just stating an opinion as are you, but speaking of process I lastly will say this. How do you think the Wake Forest team felt in the top of the 9th inning when they saw that Singer was not taking the mound? About the same, less optimistic thinking that they can't hit anyone tonite, or more optimistic thinking that the dart thrower is out so maybe we can catch up to the new guy? My guess is they were a bit more hopeful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.