Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yes. There are some smoking Georgia gals..
UGA-Fans-Never-Expect-Ring-MEME.jpg

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
All the talk about Mullen - hopefully - landing a top 5 class, Jimbo proclaimed he's going to have a top 5 class in 2019. He just landed another commit and has the 3rd best class in the SEC and 5th nationally - so far - w/ 8 total commits. Who thinks Mullen will have a higher ranked class?

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/texas-picks-commitment-2019-state-olb-rj-orebo/

The Aggies now have eight players in their 2018 recruiting class, all of whom are from the state of Texas. Per 247Sports, it’s the No. 3 class in the SEC and the No. 5 class nationally.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Who thinks Mullen will have a higher ranked class?
I don't care much about Texas or Texas recruits. Jimbo can fight the longhorns.

All I care about is us dominating the State of Florida recruiting again. Give me a high 3 star OL All State Floridian over some kid from NJ or Md who has never played against another Div 1 player every day of the week.

It will be nice if we have close to the same number of bluechips as the top tier but if we are within one or two and are rated 6 vs. 2, or whatever, it matters not to me.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't care much about Texas or Texas recruits. Jimbo can fight the longhorns.

All I care about is us dominating the State of Florida recruiting again. Give me a high 3 star OL All State Floridian over some kid from NJ or Md who has never played against another Div 1 player every day of the week.

It will be nice if we have close to the same number of bluechips as the top tier but if we are within one or two and are rated 6 vs. 2, or whatever, it matters not to me.

Agree, mostly. Mullen is recruiting nationally (or outside of the SE). But there's no need for us to battle Texas/A&M for Texas kids. We need the top FL HS kids looking/committing to us. If we get 14-16 blue-chippers I think that keeps us competitive w/ most of our competition. We need to close the gap a bit on UGA, but it looks like they're on their way to another Alabama type class. I'd like to see a 5-star or two in this class as well.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The state of Mississippi is loaded w/ talent this year (much more than their usual years). Hopefully Mullen can take advantage:

Talented in-state athlete Diwun Black decommits from Mississippi State

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/m...lete-diwun-black-decommits-mississippi-state/

Joe Moorhead and Mississippi State received some tough news Sunday night.

Four-star athlete Diwun Black decommitted from MSU. The Forest, Mississippi, native is ranked as the nation’s No. 67 overall player, the No. 6 overall athlete and the state of Mississippi’s No. 3 prospect for 2019, according to 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Black had been committed to MSU since last September, but he’s visited Ole Miss unofficially twice over the last month. Along with the Rebels, the Florida Gators (and Dan Mullen) are a real player, too.

The 6-foot-3, 205-pound prospect shared his decommitment via his Twitter account, “I thank Mississippi State and their fans for everything. I now want to say I am opening back up my recruiting and decommit from Mississippi State. Respect my decision!”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd like to land this kid....

4-star DE Hunter details recruitment
SEC east foes battling it out for a four-star DE

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...lorida-Gators-and-Georgia-Bulldogs--115856881

With 40 scholarship offers to his name already, Fort Myers (Fla.) Dunbar defensive end Derick Hunter is one of the top high school recruits in the 2019 class. After backing off an early commitment to the Miami Hurricanes, hunter has been a priority for several schools.

The four-star defender recently was a guest on the SEC Recruiting Buzz Podcast to give some insight to his recruiting process.

“It’s been a lot of up’s and down’s every single night and just thinking where you’re going to land at for the next three to four years. You have to realize [coaches] say the same thing to every recruit and you have to think outside the box and think bigger than what they are saying. Like the program and the academic side of the school too and where has the university been at in the like five or ten years.”

The Florida Gators were the most recent visit for Hunter, when he spent the weekend in Gainesville at the end of February.

“I wanted to commit to Florida as a freshman,” Hunter explained. “They didn’t want me to commit because I was so young, they wanted me to enjoy the process. That’s why I fell back off of them a little bit and went towards Miami. At the same time, it’s the University of Florida and I know it like the back of my hand. When I am there, I love it and I have so much fun.”

That recent visit to Gainesville, gave Hunter a better view of the inner workings of Florida’s program.

“They’ve set the bar high and I know if I went there I’d have three to four tutors at the same time. I know my academic part will be handled and I can focus on them. I can worry on trying to get a starting job, and I know some of the players already there.”

The Gators have been a factor in this recruitment for quite some time now, and remain heavily in the mix under Dan Mullen’s new coaching staff.

“If I was to sign my letter of intent today it would be with the University of Florida because I know the academic side and I have been there 24/7 and I know how to get around the city. Also at the same time, my head and my mind are telling me to go to Georgia.”

The Bulldogs have surged in this recruitment since landing an offer from their staff last month. Georgia is coming off a strong season under second year head coach Kirby Smart, and has Hunter’s full attention.

“Competing every single year in the SEC for games and just fighting for that National Championship. Basically, separating myself and where I feel like I can think outside of the box for the next three to four years and realize where I’m at and figure out where I’m going to be at after college. That type of area I feel like I can go to, I’m a country boy and I’m not an inner-city type of kid. Athens is the country and I feel at home there, can go fishing with coach or go hog hunting, that is the type of stuff I do here at home.”

The 6-foot-4, 281-pounder even went as far as to give the Bulldogs the edge in his recruitment currently.

“It’s all Georgia everyone else is chasing them,” Hunter explained. “I just want to see the academic side of the school and I want to feel the atmosphere around campus and see what it’s like. I want to build a relationship with the coaching staff that we’ve talked over on the phone.”

The 247Sports Composite, an industry generated average, currently ranks Hunter as the Nation's No. 185 overall prospect in the 2019 recruiting class.

The entire interview with Hunter can be found below:

Author
Blake Alderman

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Gators commit Wardrick Wilson connects with new staff

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-wardrick-wilson-update

Wardrick Wilson updates recruitment
Wardrick Wilson is one of three 2019 recruits who did not de-commit from Florida after the coaching changes.

The 3-star tackle from Doral Academy (Doral, Fla.) joined Florida’s class last summer after camping at Friday Night Lights on July 21.

Wilson told SEC Country he is still solid with the Gators.

“Florida feels like home to me,” he said. “I haven’t been back since I committed, but I like the new staff. I’ve talked to the head coach [Dan Mullen] and the O-line coach [John Hevesy].”

Wilson said he received an offer from Hevesy last year and already has a connection with his future position coach.

“I like him,” Wilson said of Hevesy. “He offered me when he was at Mississippi State, so we linked back up at Florida and it’s a really good bond.”

Hevesy is serving as the primary recruiter for Wilson, who transferred to Doral Academy from Miami Norland High School. He also has been in contact with Mullen.

“We have talked and we text each other,” Wilson said. “He told me, ‘Welcome to the family’ and that he can’t wait to have me there. He has a great offense and I think it’s a good fit for me.”

Wilson is ranked the nation’s No. 42 tackle in the 247Sports composite and plans to be an early enrollee.

Despite his commitment status, Wilson is still being pursued by a pair of SEC programs — Missouri and Tennessee.

Former Florida assistant Brad Davis is the new offensive line coach at Missouri and recruited Wilson to the Gators. The 6-foot-4, 295-pound tackle received an offer from Tennessee on Jan. 23.

“I’m trying to go take visits to Tennessee and Missouri,” Wilson said. “I’ll be back to Florida this summer.”

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
I'm as greedy and unreasonable as the next guy, but facts are facts. We have sucked to a pretty horrifying degree for almost a decade, and that isn't helping recruiting one iota. Also, we've got a new HC who has been standing in a hole (Starkville) recruiting-wise, and it remains to be seen how he fares in the "big leagues." Although he did quite well with his transition class, talent-wise, he's still well behind the elite teams we will be facing on a regular basis. The key to turning things around quickly will be a season in which real, unmistakable progress is made across the board. A couple of surprising wins against quality opponents wouldn't hurt either. Generally, I'm much more confident that DM can get it done than I was immediately after the hire was made. Like him or not, he's made some good moves and brought some much needed energy to the program. All will be revealed in the fullness of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb