Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good work, Law.

IMO, it's either Jalon Jones or Baldwin. I think we land 2 IMG kids this year also, not sure if one of those two will be Baldwin or not. I'm concerned Jones may be headed to Ohio State (their QB board looks real good for a 2019 HS kid).

Jalon Jones’ rise is similar to Justin Fields.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jalon Jones’ rise is similar to Justin Fields.

Yeah, he was committed to Miss State. Now he's getting offered by Meyer. Big jump, no matter how many 'stars' he has or where he's ranked.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
This would be a very nice "get".
http://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/diabate-likes-the-florida-gators-plan-for-him-on-defense/

The Florida Gators are set to host a lot of prospects over the next few days and on Wednesday they kicked things off with an out of state visitor.

Linebacker Mohamoud Diabate (6-4, 220, Auburn, AL. High) was on campus with his family and enjoyed his visit on Wednesday.

“It went well, it was a great visit,” Diabate said of Wednesday’s visit. “We went to the academic center, to the nutrition center, took a campus tour and sat down and talked with the coaches and watched film with them. Overall it was a great day. I got to see all aspects of the university and see what they can provide for me from the athletic side of things to the academic side of things.”

While on campus Diabate got to speak with several coaches including head coach Dan Mullen.
“I spoke with Coach Mullen, Coach [Sal] Sunseri and Coach [Todd] Grantham,” he said on the coaches he spoke with. “Those are the people that I talked to the most but I greeted all of the coaches. I got to talk to them and get to know who they were and they got to know who I was.”
The Gators coaching staff spoke with Diabate at length about where the Gators see the 2019 prospect fitting into the Florida defense if he chooses the Gators.

“They’re going to be running a 3-4 so they want me as a 3-4 outside linebacker,” Diabete said on where Florida wants him playing. “I love that, I feel like that is where I will flourish at. I feel like I can be a really good player there with the correct coaching and with hard work. I was really excited to hear that and excited to see the film of the players that have played there.”

Defensive coordinator Todd Grantham explained to Diabate that there is a big need for players at his position in Gainesville.

“He just basically said that changing defenses they really don’t have the players who are accustomed to playing that position,” he said on Grantham’s message to him. “He said with me coming from high school and being used to playing the position that coming in, I would have a chance to play early. They have a lot of seniors and people who might go to the draft so me coming there I would have a chance to earn playing time early.”

Defensive line coach Sal Sunseri’s background is something that caught Diabate’s attention because of his history in the NFL.

“It shows me that he has extensive knowledge that a top NFL team like the Oakland Raiders would hire him,” Diabate said of Sal Sunseri. “For him to coach one of the best players in the league in Khalil Mack shows me a lot, shows me when he’s telling me something he knows what he’s talking. He knows what it takes to get a player to that level in life.”

Mullen’s conversation with Diabate on Wednesday was one that stuck out to the linebacker because the two got to learn a lot about each other during that talk.

“Coach Mullen just let me know that coming there I would have to work,” Diabate said on Mullen’s message to him. “He said that everything I earn at the University of Florida isn’t going to come easy but he just set the stone and let me know that if I wasn’t a hard worker that Florida wasn’t the place for me. I really liked hearing that from him. He let me know what he’s about by telling me that. I really enjoyed my talk with him.”

Heading into the visit Diabate knew about Mullen’s past success at Florida and he believes the Gators head coach can get Florida back to that level.

“I know what he accomplished before and he went over that with me again,” he said on Mullen’s past success at Florida. “I believe he can get back there and he has the tools to do that. He has the coaches and the facilities to do that. I believe he has the talent to get Florida back to where they were before he and Coach [Urban] Meyer left. I’m a believer in him.”

The visit was a good one for Diabate and before he left he got the chance to talk to a former player who raved about Mullen and the Gators coaching staff.

“It exceeded my expectations a lot,” he said of the visit. “I was impressed by Florida athletically, academically and by Coach Mullen. I was talking with Taven Bryan and he was just telling me how much he believes in Coach Mullen. He wouldn’t have any reason to lie to me because he’s not on the team anymore. He was telling me about how the culture around there has changed.”

INSIDERS TAKE: Diabate says he doesn’t have a leader and doesn’t have a timeline for his decision. The linebacker said he would like to sign early in December with a school and he hopes to get back to Florida soon.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Son of Emmitt Smith a talented back as well
Former Florida Gators All-American and NFL star Emmitt Smith has a talented son that is considered one of the nation's best running backs.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...talented-four-star-football-recruit-116254621

Running back Emmitt Smith had a brilliant career with the Florida Gators before moving to the NFL, where his success continued as an eight-time All-Pro, MVP, three-time Super Bowl champion, and eventual induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

There is another talented Smith toting the ball on the gridiron, Emmitt’s son EJ Smith. The Dallas (Texas) Jesuit 2020 running back has early offers from Arkansas, Georgia, Ohio State as well as the Florida Gators.

The younger Smith also added a new accolade to his list of accomplishments — becoming a four-star recruit. 247Sports ranked Smith as the nation’s No. 184 overall prospect in the 2020 class with its release of the Top247. Smith is considered the nation’s No. 2 all-purpose back and the No. 23 player in the state of Texas.

As a sophomore, Smith rushed for 1,177 yards and 24 touchdowns. He also caught 33 passes for 540 yards and seven more scores. It’s clear, the 5-foot-11, 190-pound Smith was blessed with a bit of his father’s talent on the football field.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I'd love to get this kid:

UF spring visit possible for 5-star RB
Gators looking to get five-star on campus this spring.

https://florida.247sports.com/Artic...-Sanders-could-visit-UF-this-spring-116253858

HOMESTEAD, Fla. — Five-star running back Trey Sanders is a top target for several programs across the country. Florida is one that continues communicate with the Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy standout.

“I text with them still,” Sanders said of Florida. “I text the running backs coach.”

The message from Florida is simple.

“He’s pretty much telling me to come make Florida great again,” Sanders said. “Get to that real good run they had with Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey, and all them. They want to rebuild that.”

It’s well known that Sanders’ mother is a fan of the Gators. The two recently visited Miami together. Can Florida get them on their own campus?

“Probably sometime this spring, we’ll try to make it, take her to go see the campus, because she really likes Florida a lot. She grew up loving that school, so I think it would be good for her to check it out too.”

The industry-generated 247Sports Composite currently ranks Sanders as the nation’s No. 6 overall prospect in the 2019 class.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Start of spring ball should lead to commitments

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-start-spring-ball-commitments

Florida has five commitments in its 2019 class, which is ranked No. 16 nationally in the 247Sports composite.

The Gators landed a pair of pledges during their junior day event on Feb. 24, with linebacker Jammal Abrams and wide receiver Dionte Marks. It’s been almost a month since those additions, but Florida should get more commitments in the coming weeks.

Spring practice begins Friday and the Gators are scheduled to host some of their top targets this weekend, including 5-star defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux (Thousand Oaks, Calf.), 4-star wide receiver Mycah Pittman (Calabasas, Calif.) and 4-star defensive end Derick Hunter (Fort Myers, Fla.).

Those three won’t be making their decisions anytime soon, but Florida will have dozens of visitors throughout the spring. Some of those trips will inevitably result in commitments for the Gators, especially with the anticipated turnout for the Orange & Blue game on April 14. Florida has landed a recruit at its spring game in each of the last two years.

The new coaches have already shown they can produce pledges when recruits come to town. Florida coach Dan Mullen and his assistants had five official visit weekends during the 2018 recruiting cycle and they landed at least one official visitor from each of those five weekends.

Now the 2019 recruits will be exposed to the coaches in a football setting, which Mullen feels is critical to the recruiting process. He spoke this week about how he encourages prospects to attend practice because seeing the staff’s coaching style helps them determine whether Florida is a good fit.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The state of Mississippi has an unusual amount of 4-stars this year. This kid, 4-star DE, just de-committed from LSU:

According to the 247Sports composite, Handy is the No. 7 strong-side defensive end in the class of 2019 and the No. 6 overall recruit from the state of Mississippi.

Handy already has offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and others, so it’ll be interesting to see which teams emerge as his favorites over the next few months.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I hate it that "we now have a shot" at this Florida kid because Bama has had staff turn over.

Staff turnover at Alabama gives Gators a shot with DB Brendan Gant

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-brendan-gant-gators-alabama

Brendan Gant plans to attend Gators spring game
Top-150 overall recruit Brendan Gant committed to Alabama three months ago, but he said his recruitment isn’t over yet.

The 4-star safety from Kathleen High School (Lakeland, Fla.) is still considering other programs and plans to use his five allotted official visits. He is ranked the nation’s No. 5 safety and No. 130 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite.

“I’m still enjoying the process and trying to take it all in,” Gant told SEC Country. “I’m committed, but I still got a lot of time. So I keep an open mind, but I never know what could happen in the future. At the end of the day, my final decision is going to be what’s best for my future.”

Gant’s future came into question less than a month after making his pledge to the Crimson Tide. His primary recruiter and future position coach at Alabama, Derrick Ansley, joined the Oakland Raiders staff on Jan. 11.

His departure has had an impact on Gant, who is now being recruited by Alabama offensive coordinator Mike Locksley.

“Coach Ansley, that’s who I was really talking to and we would have phone conversations like every day,” Gant said. “It’s been kind of different with him gone, but I’m still going through the process. Alabama hasn’t really been on me like they were at first.”

Gant said he plans to visit Alabama for its spring game on April 21. He took trips this month to Georgia, Georgia Tech and Miami, and he has a few more schools on his mind.

“Ohio State and Miami are recruiting me the hardest. They text me every day,” Gant said. “Clemson is kind of starting to come along. I talk to Coach [Dan] Mullen and the Florida coaches. I hear from Coach [Willie] Taggart every now and then.”

Gators tight ends coach Larry Scott is Gant’s primary recruiter and has been pursuing him along with Mullen. Florida linebacker and Kathleen alum Ventrell Miller also is recruiting his former teammate to Gainesville.

“Coach Scott and Coach Mullen tell me every day they want me to come up and they can’t wait to see me,” Gant said. “I know I’m going to the spring game for sure, but I’m not sure of other dates. We’re still trying to get that stuff together.

“But I’ve been hearing good things about them from Ventrell. He told me it’s way different at Florida now. Last year they used to goof and play around, but this year it’s more serious and he feels like they’re going to have a pretty good team.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida Gators visitors list for March 16th weekend

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/florida-gators-visitors-list-for-march-16th-weekend/

This weekend is a big weekend for the Florida Gators football program as they start their first spring practice on Friday afternoon under new head coach Dan Mullen.

Mullen and his staff will also play host to several big name prospects who will be on unofficial visits to watch Florida practice and watch how the new coaches work.

GatorCountry brings you a look at this weekend’s visitors list as prospects are scheduled to be on campus starting on Friday afternoon.

Offensive linemen coming to town
This may sound like a broken record but once again the Florida Gators staff is focused on signing a big offensive line class as they look to regain the numbers wanted under Mullen.

This weekend the staff will host three offensive linemen on campus for visits as they get to watch and get to know new offensive line coach John Hevesy.

Offensive lineman Charles Turner (6-5, 265, Bradenton, FL. IMG) is scheduled to be on campus on Friday with his father. Turner has an offer from Florida and several other big programs. This will be his first visit to Gainesville.

Another lineman making his first visit to Gainesville this weekend is scheduled to be offensive lineman Donavan Beaver (6-6, 275, Fredericksburg, VA. Massaponax) who will make the long trip down after picking up an offer from Florida recently.

Joining those two guys will be offensive lineman Ethan White (6-5, 315, Clearwater, FL. Superior Collegiate Academy) who recently visited Florida for junior day. White has a lot of interest in the Gators early on but hasn’t named a leader yet.

California duo visiting
The Gators are scheduled to host two visitors who will make the long trek from the state of California for a visit to Gainesville on Saturday.
One of those players is defensive end Kayvon Thibodeaux (6-5, 235, Thousand Oaks, CA. Oaks Christian) who is regarded as the top player in the country. Thibodeaux is open to a lot of schools but most feel as if USC is the early favorite but getting him on campus so early is a huge plus for the Gators.

Joining Thibodeaux in Gainesville this weekend is receiver Mycah Pittman (6-0, 195, Calabasas, CA. High) who has been very vocal about his interest in the Gators. Pittman has an older brother at USC which makes them a team to watch but Florida is a team that Pittman likes early on.

Defensive targets visiting
Joining those guys on campus this weekend are scheduled to be three more prospects on the defensive side of the ball. Two of those guys will make the trip from out of state to see the Gators.

Defensive end Derick Hunter (6-4, 281, Fort Myers, FL. Dunbar) will be on campus for the second time in as many months. Hunter really liked his visit to Florida for junior day but the Gators still trail Georgia for the defensive end. The Gators however continue to get Hunter on campus which helps the staff.

Joining Hunter on the defensive line is defensive tackle Jaelin Humphries (6-5, 301, Lawrenceville, GA. Mountain View) who will be on campus for the first time on Saturday. Humphries can play offensive or defensive line but would like to play on the defensive side of the ball. Georgia is the early team to beat but Humphries admits to having a lot of interest in the Gators.

Florida will also host linebacker Tra Wilkins (6-2, 210, Stone Mountain, GA. Stephenson) this weekend and it will be the first time on campus for Wilkins. Georgia once again is the team to watch for Wilkins but the linebacker says he wants to meet the new Gators coaching staff.

Underclassmen visiting
Joining the 2019 guys on campus this weekend will be several underclassmen prospects including one commit to Florida.

2020 defensive end commit Josh Griffis will visit Florida for the first time under Dan Mullen this weekend. Griffis recently transferred to IMG for his junior year.

2020 Miami receiver commit Leonard Manuel is also scheduled to be on campus this weekend for the first time under Mullen. Manuel is one of the top players for the 2020 class.

Joining those guys is 2021 athlete Kamar Wilcoxson who is teammates with Wilkins who is visiting this weekend.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Which 5-star prospects are seriously considering Gators?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...ospects-gators-kayvon-thibodeaux-trey-sanders

The Class of 2019 has 29 recruits with 5-star ratings in the 247Sports composite, and the majority of them hold an offer from Florida.

There are six prospects in the top 30 nationally who have shown more interest in the Gators than others:

DE Kayvon Thibodeaux (Thousand Oaks, Calif.): The nation’s No. 1 overall recruit arrived Friday for his first trip to Florida and plans to return this fall on an official visit. Southern Cal is viewed as the frontrunner for Thibodeaux, but he’s willing to leave California for college and has legitimate interest in the Gators.

RB Trey Sanders (Bradenton, Fla.): Despite attending IMG Academy, Sanders is from the Sunshine State (Port St. Joe) and his mother roots for the Gators. The former Alabama commit has been in contact with Florida running backs coach Greg Knox and plans to visit Gainesville to meet the new staff. Florida State and Miami also are heavily involved.

WR Frank Ladson (Homestead, Fla.): Ladson committed to Florida a year ago this month but decided to re-open his recruitment after the coaching change. However, the state’s top receiver says he’s still high on the Gators and will return to campus soon. Clemson and Miami appear to be Florida’s biggest competition for Ladson.

LB Nakobe Dean (Horn Lake, Miss.): Dean is the nation’s No. 1-ranked inside linebacker and a top priority for Gators coach Dan Mullen and his staff. He will visit Florida this spring and speaks with multiple assistants on a daily basis, including linebackers coach Christian Robinson. Alabama, LSU and Ole Miss are other top contenders for Dean.

CB Derek Stingley Jr. (Baton Rouge, La.): The Gators have a huge need at cornerback in the 2019 class and Stingley sits near the top of their recruiting board. He named Florida as one of his six finalists this week and plans to officially visit. LSU leads for Stingley, but he says every school in his top 6 has a shot.

CB Chris Steele (Bellflower, Calif.): Steele is another elite corner with the Gators on his trail. He received an offer from Florida two months ago and communicates regularly with secondary coaches Ron English and Charlton Warren. Steele is scheduled to officially visit Florida on Sept. 8 and may take an additional trip in the spring or summer. He also is considering Louisville, LSU, Oklahoma, Texas, UCLA and USC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good work, Law.

IMO, it's either Jalon Jones or Baldwin. I think we land 2 IMG kids this year also, not sure if one of those two will be Baldwin or not. I'm concerned Jones may be headed to Ohio State (their QB board looks real good for a 2019 HS kid).
Did you look at KJ Jefferson?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Number 1 ranked player cancelled his trip to FSU and stayed longer at florida. Word is he wont go to fsu at all any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator