Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are probably right. Ox claimed the same thing about Fisher pre-2013.
What do you mean? That Fisher is a 4 loss coach? Still is. Fisher and Richt are very similar. Fisher just got a lot more lucky one year.

It is pretty easy to see how terrible a guy is when he can't even win in the Sunbelt.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
What do you mean? That Fisher is a 4 loss coach? Still is. Fisher and Richt are very similar. Fisher just got a lot more lucky one year.

It is pretty easy to see how terrible a guy is when he can't even win in the Sunbelt.

That lucky one year is what I mean.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
Good god. What a complete and total indictment.
Yeah an indictment of the last 8 years or so. Let’s face facts, these kids were in elementary school the last time this team did anything of importance. I still don’t see the point in bringing up what other schools are doing in recruiting. It’s been discussed ad nauseum that this team has sucked for the better part of a decade. Unfortunately, this can’t be fixed in the 8 months Mullen has been on the job. It is what it is, but Mullen gets a pass for now. If we still suck in 3 or 4 years then that’s a different. I can only hope he will get this team back to playing at a high level every week.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, this list is more important than the top 250 list. This is a list we used to dominate. I remember one year under urban we had like 12+ of the top 20.
Yeah, it is really the barometer.

Cant even recruit at home? Wow

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah... it is actually EASIER to recruit now than it ever will be. You dont have a record and gamefilm to be used against you. You should be selling your pie in the sky vision for returning to glory.

That is why that second class, the Bump Class as some have called, is historically so good with all good or great coaches.

It only gets worse from here on out. Next year they have to sell "well, but Franks and/or OL" held us back.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
I agree, 3-4 years is overkill. You don't need that long to find out if a staff can recruit.
However, I would caution to wait until he has coached a game. I know recruiting doesn't typically work like that. It's usually that you're a good recruiter or not, but we're facing some pretty unique circumstances.

The program was given over to two complete nincompoops. Recruits are understandably skittish about committing here. I get it. Their not expecting us to be championship contenders. Like most of us, they just want to see competency and consistency. If coach Mullen proves he can stabilize the program I think you'll see a lot more blue chippers seriously consider UF.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well I think you need 3 or so years to fix it. It being the program and being competitive. But progress should be seen right away. And I do think we are seeing progress, just not the amount of progress we want or even should be seeing. I think some are misunderstanding what people like you and Law are saying. You don't expect championships this year, but expect to see the building blocks being laid.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Larry Coker and Gene Chizik would disagree but those flash in the pan guys were exposed after their next season

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think some are misunderstanding what people like you and Law are saying. You don't expect championships this year, but expect to see the building blocks being laid.
I won't be surprised to see 6-6, or particularly upset.

I'm pissed our recruiting is terrible.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
It could go either way, hoping just the conditioning is good for a few more wins. I need it to be a sipping bourbon vs takillia shots kind of year

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Yep that is a joke argument that we have to get better to recruit good. The classes at these big football schools in the South besides UF since Mac got here show its the coaches that matter in recruiting not some bad bad streak in football.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator