Recruiting 2019 NSD: 4* DE Khris Bogle and 4* CB Elam signs

CHAMPIONSHIP: If you were forced to have dinner with one of these members, who would you choose?

• Swamp Donkey

• Swamp Queen

• Durty South Swamp

• dubster1

• BNAG8R

Results are only viewable after voting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Former UF commit John Dunmore, former Florida WR commit Frank Ladson, former Florida DB commit Tyrique Stevenson.

We have to find a way to get all these guys back into this class.

Why does 247 have Jaleel McRae listed as a linebacker? Everything about him screams safety.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's sickening isn't it? Most of us, especially on this message board, knew the incompetence that was going on (you go over to swampgas and those blowhards kept spewing the narrative that "McElwain and staff are great evaluators...so our 3-stars are really better than their rankings!!").

Mullen's highest ranked class in 9 years at MSU was ranked 18th (he did that twice). He just crushed that ranking by 4 spots in a transition year! I imagine we're top 10 easily next year and if he can pull a few higher ranked kids can get into the top 5.

As I've been saying, "win the state, win championships!" It looks like Mullen knows he needs to win back the state.

I imagine pulling an 18th ranked recruiting class at MSU is pretty tough. I think I saw at one point that Mullen was clearly the best recruiter they ever had at MSU. I really think he needs to be Top 5 next year. Like it or not... Willie is going to be a force and Georgia is already killing it. It is tough to compete without the talent... we need top 5 talent to start getting in the mix.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Potential impact of QB Jalon Jones joining Florida’s 2019 class

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-jalon-jones-2019-class

Eight quarterbacks have received offers from Florida in the Class of 2019, but Jalon Jones is the name to keep an eye on.

When Florida coach Dan Mullen was at Mississippi State last summer, Jones earned an offer in camp and committed to the Bulldogs on July 22. He decided to reopen his recruitment four months later after the Gators hired Mullen.

Jones received a Florida offer from Mullen on Dec. 11, and their relationship remains strong. The 6-foot-3, 180-pound signal caller is also communicating with quarterbacks coach Brian Johnson, his primary recruiter.

Jones plans to visit Florida this spring, and a good trip to Gainesville could result in a commitment. As you can see in the video interview below, Jones is a confident, personable player who would be able to recruit others to join him.

As for as his recruiting rating, I think you’ll see him gain a fourth star before the 2019 cycle is over. Jones will be able to improve his stock during the camp circuit and should be a candidate for the Elite 11 competition.

He plays at St. Frances Academy in Baltimore, a talent-rich region with some tough competition at the high school level. Last season, Jones led the Panthers to an undefeated record (13-0) and their second consecutive Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference championship.

The 3-star rating for Jones doesn’t stem from lack of success or exposure. His teammate was Alabama signee Eyabi Anoma, a 5-star defensive end who was ranked the nation’s No. 4 overall recruit in the Class of 2018.

If Jones kills it at the upcoming combines and commits to a premier program such as Florida, that should boost his recruiting profile. He is currently ranked the nation’s No. 9 dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports composite.

<iframe width="625" height="351" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vPaqH3B6lBs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
3 top targets for Dan Mullen, Florida in the 2019 recruiting class

http://gridironnow.com/3-top-targets-dan-mullen-florida-2019-recruiting-class/

We are less than a week removed from National Signing Day, but programs already have done a lot of work on the 2019 recruiting classes.

The 2019 class will be an important one for Dan Mullen and Florida. The Gators’ 2018 class was a solid one, considering how little time Mullen and his staff were in place before the early signing period. But Florida’s 2019 class cannot be “solid.” Instead, it needs to be a top-10 effort; Florida hasn’t had a top-10 class since 2013.

Here’s a look at three top targets Florida fans should keep their eye on during the 2019 recruiting cycle.

OLB Ge’Mon Eaford
The particulars: Eaford (6 feet 1, 220 pounds) is a four-star prospect from Deerfield Beach (Fla.) High.
The skinny: Linebacker is going to be a top priority for Florida in its 2019 class, and Eaford is one of the top-15 outside linebackers nationally. Florida struggled in 2018 to keep top in-state prospects at home. The speedy Eaford comes from a talent-rich program in south Florida and already has more than 40 offers nationally; he has picked up offers from Florida State, Missouri and Tennessee in the past month.

SDE Nathan Pickering
The particulars: Pickering (6-5, 270 pounds) is a four-star prospect from Seminary (Miss.) High.
The skinny: Pickering is a big-time prospect from a small town; Seminary, which is about 30 miles northwest of Hattiesburg, is a town of about 325. Pickering is a top-50 talent nationally for the 2019 class. Mullen and his staff are familiar with Pickering from their time at Mississippi State. Pickering received a UF offer in September. Pickering has a nice mix of size and athleticism, and he figures to be a hot commodity. He has received offers from Auburn, Duke, Notre Dame and Texas A&M in the past few weeks.

DT Jaquaze Sorrells
The particulars: Sorrells (6-3, 270 pounds) is a four-star prospect from Largo (Fla.) High.
The skinny: Sorrells, from the Tampa Bay area, committed to Florida in June 2016, then decommitted in December 2017 But Florida remains very much in the hunt. When Mullen made his helicopter recruiting visit last month, Largo High was one of his stops. Defensive line will be a priority for Florida in the 2019 recruiting cycle and Sorrells, at this point at least, is considered the best in-state defensive tackle; he also is one of the 10 best nationally and is a top-100 prospect overall.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Four-Star Linebacker Will Visit Gators
One of the Top LB's Will Visit Gators in March

https://scout.com/college/florida/Article/Shammond-Cooper-Talks-Gators-More-115031203

Dan Mullen and the rest of the Florida Gator coaching staff are looking for two to three linebackers in the class of 2019. Enter Shammond Cooper, a 6-foot-2, 190-pound backer from St. Louis (M0) Trinity Catholic. The Four-star holds over 30 offers and is looking for more.

Shammond Cooper checks in from Saint Louis (MO) Trinity Cathloic and holds over 30 offers including one from the University of Florida. Cooper and his family are looking at three main factors before he makes a decision

“My most important factors arethe relationship I have with the coaches, the education, and someone that can help reach my full potential,” Shammond Cooper said.

Cooper is widely regarded as one of the top inside linebackers across the country.

“I feel like reading plays is my best strength,” Cooper said. “Also, I feel like I have good coverage skills but I feel like I can get better.”

Cooper is taking a close look at the Gators and will visit.

“It's one of the schools I'm looking at closely, and I'm going up there sometime in March,” Cooper said.

100% CB to Oklahoma....

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Can Gators land a 5-star prospect in 2019 class?

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-5-star-2019-class

Dan Mullen’s first class at Florida had the highest average star rating (3.78) among coaching transition classes in school history, but the Gators did not sign a consensus 5-star recruit for the third consecutive recruiting cycle.

Mullen acknowledged on National Signing Day that the Gators need to land more elite players to become a title team.

“You want to win a championship, you’ve got to be in the top in recruiting. We have got to get ourselves to be one of the top classes in the country,” Mullen said. “You’ve got to trust your rankings and what your feeling on the players are. But we also know the expectation here is to sign top recruiting classes, and we need to do that in the future.”

Mullen has a chance to end Florida’s 5-star drought in the 2019 recruiting cycle. There are currently 28 recruits with a 5-star rating in the 247Sports composite, and the Gators have offered more than a dozen of them.

Running back Trey Sanders, however, is the only one from the state of Florida who is uncommitted. Right now, I think he would be the Gators’ best bet for a 5-star recruit.

The Port St. Joe, Fla., native de-committed from Alabama on Jan. 1, but the Crimson Tide are still a major player in his recruitment. Florida State is another top school for Sanders, but the Gators could gain some traction with their new staff now in place.

Sanders is one of several Florida targets at IMG Academy, and Mullen will try to keep the nation’s No. 1-ranked running back in the Sunshine State. Mullen offered Sanders in early January after he reopened his recruitment and visited him in a helicopter on Jan. 31.

Sanders is expected to visit Gainesville in the spring or summer and likely will attend some games during the 2018 season. If Florida running back Jordan Scarlett can have a breakout year in Mullen’s offense and put himself in position to turn pro, it could be an appealing situation for Sanders.

In the meantime, Mullen and running backs coach Greg Knox will continue building a relationship with Sanders over the next few months and try to get him on campus as much as possible.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We have to find a way to get all these guys back into this class.

Why does 247 have Jaleel McRae listed as a linebacker? Everything about him screams safety.
The real question is why would anyone look at 247?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Grayson HS in Georgia has NINE D1 recruits on next year's team.....Texas just offered four of them:

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
Nice article on 247 about 3* QB David Baldwin (IMG), one of our 2019 targets. 6'4", 214lbs. Film's not bad...he needs some work but will likely get polished a little at IMG (just transferred there). I expect with work and a little enhanced exposure due to IMG he might gain another star as a senior.
He looks like a Mullen QB...and he's a lefty.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Nice article on 247 about 3* QB David Baldwin (IMG), one of our 2019 targets. 6'4", 214lbs. Film's not bad...he needs some work but will likely get polished a little at IMG (just transferred there). I expect with work and a little enhanced exposure due to IMG he might gain another star as a senior.

I think Jalon Jones is the QB they want this year. We've offered 8 QBs, but Jones seems to be the one their after. He's a 3-star also, but will likely get another star. He's from Baltimore, which is great (keeps us in the DMV area for recruiting). I'm not very familiar w/ Baldwin. Is he being brought in to IMG to be their starter? I figured they'd have another QB on the roster already. I think we get at least 1 IMG kid this year, btw.

Durfish

Feed me!
Lifetime Member
Nov 13, 2017
I think Jalon Jones is the QB they want this year. We've offered 8 QBs, but Jones seems to be the one their after. He's a 3-star also, but will likely get another star. He's from Baltimore, which is great (keeps us in the DMV area for recruiting). I'm not very familiar w/ Baldwin. Is he being brought in to IMG to be their starter? I figured they'd have another QB on the roster already. I think we get at least 1 IMG kid this year, btw.
He's the only IMG QB listed in the 2019 Rivals top 15 for either QB list, so I'm guessing he'll be the starter. Interestingly, he comes in at 14 in the Rivals dual-threat list...Jones is 15.
I've seen more buzz re Jones from our staff, but recruiting both is certainly prudent. Signing both (with probable QB attrition due to transfer possibilities for Allen and others) might be good as well. Need to keep a stable of at least three dependable QBs who fit the system.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He's the only IMG QB listed in the 2019 Rivals top 15 for either QB list, so I'm guessing he'll be the starter. Interestingly, he comes in at 14 in the Rivals dual-threat list...Jones is 15.
I've seen more buzz re Jones from our staff, but recruiting both is certainly prudent. Signing both (with probable QB attrition due to transfer possibilities for Allen and others) might be good as well. Need to keep a stable of at least three dependable QBs who fit the system.

Yes, we need to go after multiple QBs. I imagine we won't see both Trask and Allen on the roster in 2019....maybe not even Franks. If EJ wins the starting job it may be difficult to lure 2 QBs in the 2019 class though.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It’s important to note that recruiting is fluid from now until summer camps. They’ll change pretty drastically. After those camps the next big shift won’t be until after the season due to those senior season risers.

I wouldn’t look too much at star ratings right now. I’d look more at offer lists and regions (like Florida vs Cali). If it’s a 3* WR with a huge P5 offer list from Dade, he’ll probably take a massive jump over the summer.

One kid who comes to mind with me on this from the last couple years was Travis Rudolph. Barely a 3* and sky rockets through the camps

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, FSU can’t develop WRs for ****.

George Campbell - 5*
Travis Rudolph - 5*
Ervin Lane - 5 *
Da’Vante Phillips - High 4*
DJ Matthews - High 4* : One time 5*

Production’s been garbage.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Green likes the energy that Mullen brings to the table

https://www.gatorcountry.com/feature/green-likes-the-energy-that-mullen-brings-to-the-table/

The Florida Gators coaching staff has already turned their attention to the 2019 class and in January they even hosted several prospects on unofficial visits despite them trying to wrap up the 2018 class.

One of the guys they hosted in January was defensive back Renardo Green (6-0, 170, Apopka, FL. Wekiva) and the trip was a good for the 2019 prospect.

“It was good, I liked it,” Green said of his visit to Florida in January. “We got to see the indoor facility and the outdoor practice field, we went into the locker room and the Swamp.”

While in Gainesville, Green got the chance to speak with several different coaches including the head man himself.

“I got to talk all of the coaches really,” he said of who he spoke to during that trip. “I talked to O [Otis Yelverton], Coach [Ron] English and Coach Dan Mullen mainly. A few other assistant coaches talked to us too.”

Safeties coach Ron English let Green know during the visit that he’s going to be one of the main coaches after recruiting the defensive back.
“Coach Ron English said he’s going to be my main recruiter,” Green said of English message to him. “He introduced himself to me and we talked about 7-on-7 and the visit. I showed him some videos of me playing and he said he wants to see me doing that in the Swamp.”

Green admits that he doesn’t know a lot about English but says they’re off to a good start.

“As a coach, I’m still trying to get to know him more,” he said. “ I know he’s a good coach but we’re communicating more and I like that but I’m still getting to know him.”

Head coach Dan Mullen made a big first impression on Green in January by the energy he showed the prospects.

“Coach Mullen seems like a welcoming guy,” Green said of Mullen. “He greeted us with high energy and he made us feel at home.”

Green has visited Florida in the past but this visit was different as the 2019 defensive back noticed a different feeling around the program.

“I liked how they were doing things and I liked the energy,” he said of the atmosphere around Florida. “When we came in the weight room they had energy. I liked the strength coach and the process he has for getting the players’ bodies right.”

After the visit, Green admits he has interest in the Gators and wants to visit Florida more.

“I like them, I like them a lot,” Green said of his interest in Florida. “I’m going to be back up another visit.”

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Florida recruiting: Linebacker, defensive tackle targets for 2019 class

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-recruiting-linebacker-defensive-tackle-targets

The Gators have offered a dozen defensive tackles and more than 20 linebackers in the Class of 2019.

Their top linebacker targets include 5-star prospects Nakobe Dean and Owen Pappoeand top-100 athlete Jaleel McRae, a former Florida commit who attends IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

Florida coach Dan Mullen will be back in his old stomping grounds to recruit Dean, who hails from Horn Lake, Miss. Pappoe and 4-star linebacker Kevin Harris are two of eight 2019 recruits from Grayson High School (Loganville, Ga.) with offers from Florida.

Mullen and his assistants are after a slew of South Florida linebackers, including Jahmar Brown, Samuel Brooks, Ge’mon Eaford, Diamante Howard (Miami commit) and Anthony Solomon.

The Gators also have offered a few linebackers from Alabama — Jammal Abrams, Vonta Bentley and Mohamoud Diabate — and prospects from Hawaii (Maninoa Tufono) to Nebraska (Nick Henrich).

Florida’s notable offers at defensive tackle include 5-star prospects Ishmael Sopsher(Amite, La.) and Faatui Tuitele (Honolulu) and in-state targets Tyler Davis (Apopka, Fla.) and Jaquaze Sorrells (Largo, Fla.), a former Florida commit.

Sopsher is the No. 1 overall recruit in the 247Sports composite and Tuitele is ranked No. 2 nationally at his position. The Gators extended offers in late January to Texas defensive tackles Enoch Jackson and DeMarvin Leal, a top-100 prospect.

Mullen likely will sign a pair of players at each position in the 2019 class. Florida loses one defensive tackle (senior Khairi Clark) after the 2018 season and will return five players. The Gators also bring back all 11 scholarship linebackers in 2019, unless junior David Reese leaves early for the NFL draft.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Check out the 2nd post in this thread....article on Baldwin.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

I disagree regarding the difficulty of recruiting at Miss St.

1. There aren't a ton of top talent guys in Mississippi
2. Ole Miss is definitely a factor
3. LSU, Georgia, Auburn and Alabama all would go after any top talent in Mississippi

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.